Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• I don’t see it on the App Store . Does BM3 do the sample not speeding up as it changes pitch thing when played chromatically as in Doug’s video. I dunno , this thing is gonna evolve into something pretty cool. I like it .

• @Telstar5 said:
    I don’t see it on the App Store . Does BM3 do the sample not speeding up as it changes pitch thing when played chromatically as in Doug’s video. I dunno , this thing is gonna evolve into something pretty cool. I like it .

Yes BM3 does that

• @alecsbuga said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @alecsbuga I know it's late in the game for a feature request but could you build one of them MPC styled grovebox apps for us? Put some pads on that and give it audio in and some trimming functionality. :p

I was actually thinking of using pads for the slices and when you switch in chromatic mode it will display the keys. I’m working on polyphonic mode as we speak.

PS you can trim the sample in the current version.

Also recording works. I have a hidden screen which records from the mic. I’ll have to figure it out how to do it via Audiobus. That would be sweet.

How do I access the hidden screen to record into samplist?

• Little bit irritated that the App Support page is just an advert, no way to actually make contact.

As I said in other thread, it’s quite buggy. If dev is reading this, pick up the comment there if interested.

• The intro price is here by the way (10 euros was too high imho) .I have some bugs too and a very aliased and metallic sound (harmonics ?) I can’t wait the new update ...Wish to have reverse, polyphony,jitter,arpeggio and automatic chop ...It’s very basic for the moment compared to samplr,reslice or even samplewiz or beat machine. I bought it to support this dev who looks passionated and brave but I’m not sure to use it in this first version ...

• @lennysynth said:

@alecsbuga said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @alecsbuga I know it's late in the game for a feature request but could you build one of them MPC styled grovebox apps for us? Put some pads on that and give it audio in and some trimming functionality. :p

I was actually thinking of using pads for the slices and when you switch in chromatic mode it will display the keys. I’m working on polyphonic mode as we speak.

PS you can trim the sample in the current version.

Also recording works. I have a hidden screen which records from the mic. I’ll have to figure it out how to do it via Audiobus. That would be sweet.

How do I access the hidden screen to record into samplist?

You don't :)
    It's under development

• @Zen210507 said:
    Little bit irritated that the App Support page is just an advert, no way to actually make contact.

As I said in other thread, it’s quite buggy. If dev is reading this, pick up the comment there if interested.

I've left a feedback link on this thread.
    I'll post the link on the site also.

I'm sorry you feel irritated but I've been working on this for 3 weeks every night because I'm passionate about it. It's not my goal to throw it out there and fish for money. I've made the website in 30 min so Apple cand approve my app so you guys can get your hands on it sooner.

I know there are bugs I'm aware of the crashes because use a crash reporting tool, dooh

And I have a long list of fixes and features.

Meanwhile version 1.1 is in store which should fix some of the bugs and enable Audiobus too.

Now I'm sorry if I can't reply personally to each and everyone of you. You're just too many saying a lot and I'm just one.

That being said, here's the feedback form and expect new stuff for 1.2 which should arrive in a couple of days. I'm gonna take a break from the forum and focus on work. I really want this to be out there with the big guys. :)

https://goo.gl/forms/09W8MovUdhageTt12

• Developers like this dude should be commended for their hard work and attempt to enrich our worlds with a passion we all enjoy.

And animosity is really misplaced as to we are a community and all need each other to be productive.

Give this guy a break y'all.

For real. Stop being bitches and PM him if you have a legit issue.

• I like the straightforward simplicity of the app, I’m terrified of BM3 so wouldn’t use it for playing samples like this. Reminds me of the sampler UI in GarageBand.

I’ll have this when the bugs are ironed out, and it (hopefully) goes AU. Being able to run multiple instances, with multiple layered samples, triggered via Rozeta would be a very wonderful thing.

• @alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:
    What does this offer more than sampler on bm3, samplebot etc?

Nothing. This doesn’t aim to be BM3. Its meant to be a copy of Ableton Simpler. Or OP1 sampler if you’d like. It will evolve over time because I have a lot of ideas. Including a sequencer. But one at a time.

Okay. But since there are already good products that does sampling in similar, but more powerful ways(or it seems at least for now), you really should offer something that others dont, like making this an audio unit. Why would someone choose to sample and sequence on this app, when you got bm3? But if this could be loaded multiple sessions of to cubasis or aum, then this app would offer tons and be able to differentiate itself from others.

That's the plan.
    I'm also not forcing anyone to buy it :) It's a free market. Diversity is good.
    I've built his mainly for myself because I needed a slicer which can play individual drum hits with effects applied on them. The plan was to have AUv3 but it's not that simple So i'm taking one step at a time. Audiobus & Inter-app was easy to add.

Thats nice to hear :) Will definitely buy this when its an AU and i dont mind paying the full price for it then

• edited February 2018

@iamspoon said:
    ToMess I would say a different tool for a different purpose. No doubt BM3 is powerful but I find its complexity pretty overwhelming.
    I agree an AU version would be welcome though.

Well personally i dont find bm3s sampler overwhelmingly complex at all, quite the opposite actually. I did use simpler on ableton before bm3 quite a lot tho, so maybe i picked up something from it that made bm3 sampler easy to get for me. But this app aims to mimic simpler and this does seem bit more complex than samplebot. Which is the option for simple sampler at the moment. This app currently kinda falls between them without their strong points, but with audio unit on this one, it would get its own strong point and raise to their level in its own way. Cant wait till this baby learns to fly :)

• edited February 2018

@RUST( i )K said:
    Give this guy a break y'all.

We all ‘give developers a break’ by taking a chance on an app and buying it.

Any mild criticism here should be received gladly, as for every one person who cares enough to be bothered, there will be many more who don’t. The opportunity to get a heads up, as to what needs fixing - from a small, passionate and collectively very experienced group - is developer gold.

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    I'm sorry you feel irritated but I've been working on this for 3 weeks every night because I'm passionate about it.

>

Well done. I am giving you a vote of confidence, and trust that your passion will result in rapid bug fixes. It is encouraging to see the first one already submitted. At the moment there is a lot of good will for what you are trying to do.

FWIW, lots of people have passion and work hard. I did my part on my band’s current album mostly from bed, recovering from major surgery. Not looking for a medal, just sayin’.

What I said about the Support Page should be taken as a heads up. There will be general punters - not members here - tempted to buy, who then find a bug, and cannot presently tell you about it. That creates an impression, which is clearly NOT what you are about.

• Took a little break from the forum :)
    Fixed a couple of niggles.

• @alexbuga great work man! So happy to see somebody developing an app similar to simpler in abelton. pay no attention to the complainers, It always amazes me when people complain about buying a ten dollar app, even if it has a bug or two. try buying a hardware sampler. it’s not even close. your kicking ass, keep up the great work!

• I'm liking this app, and I'm looking forward to where you take it. Thanks for your hard work and congrats!!!

• @eross said:
    It always amazes me when people complain about buying a ten dollar app, even if it has a bug or two.

>

There is a big difference between complaining, and making someone aware of faults. Mr Buga’s stated passion shows he wants to be selling a bug free app.

Arse kissing helps no one.

• @Zen210507 said:

@eross said:
    It always amazes me when people complain about buying a ten dollar app, even if it has a bug or two.

>

There is a big difference between complaining, and making someone aware of faults. Mr Buga’s stated passion shows he wants to be selling a bug free app.

Politeness always does.

• @eross said:
    @alexbuga great work man! So happy to see somebody developing an app similar to simpler in abelton. pay no attention to the complainers, It always amazes me when people complain about buying a ten dollar app, even if it has a bug or two. try buying a hardware sampler. it’s not even close. your kicking ass, keep up the great work!

Constructive criticism is... well, constructive. :) Seems people here are trying to be that. Even with a 5 or 10 dollar app, we still want it to be all it can be. As long as the critic is respectful, listens to the answers they get, and has reasonable expectations, a thread like this is going to be more valuable to the developer and users than just gratitude and praise. True, some people repeat themselves over and over, like about AU, even after being told what's up with that, but I guess it can be taken as a show of enthusiasm rather than complaining.

• Had fun tonight just Noodling with Samplist being triggered by Quantum.

Be aware the sound of my intro is low compared to the subject matter don’t turn your volume up. Had a LumiaFusion problem!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Had fun tonight just Noodling with Samplist being triggered by Quantum.

Be aware the sound of my intro is low compared to the subject matter don’t turn your volume up. Had a LumiaFusion problem!

Try chopping a beat into individual hits and sequence those. THat's the main purpose of Samplist. At least right now.

the chromatic mode is not meant for high range pitch shifting.

I'm working though on a more advanced chromatic mode which will use Apple's sampler (the one used by RomPlayer) which is very CPU efficient and allows a lot of stuff.

• @alexbuga Congratulations on the release of your app. It has been really interesting and informative to watch you put this together. I was wondering if I could ask some questions / offer some feedback. I have read through the various posts but don’t recall seeing these...

1. Does the app do “zero point”? It would be great if there was an option in setting to do zero point scrubbing when editing the start and end point of the sample.
    2. Can the dials be midi mapped? My fingers are weird. They always seem to move iPad dials and sliders just a little bit when I take them off my screen. If I could use a midi controller instead it would be great.
    3. Can the start and end point of a sample slice selection be fine tuned with a midi controller? When I use an app like GR16 I just can get the sample start point where I want it. Would be great to have a bit more control over that.

Again, congratulations on your app. I look forward to watching how you continue to support and develop it.

Virtual high five!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Zen210507 said:

@eross said:

>

Politeness always does.

Can't learn no cooth ya hear........

Good thing you got that pedigree sir...... ;)

• edited February 2018
  • Congrats!

• Decided to buy this because he said was he's was going and then he did.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Is that #12 in Music in your screenshot? Holy shit!

• Truly it's a million dollar looking app. Keep on developing this. Maybe give it a sequencer and some extra tracks or sth and charge us IAPs for Kits :D

• Loads of great possibilities for this app, which is one reason to support it now. Also quite happy for IAP’s to include particular features.

• edited February 2018

Ok guys. Next update is waiting for review.
    First things first: I've investigated some of the crashes and it seems it's bug with AudioKit (the framework I use) when you load big files. Sometimes it crashes. So at the moment, please try with 4-8 bar loops instead of full songs until I figure this one out.

The other thing I've noticed, is when loading CAF files the code refuses to chop them. Probably due to some reading restriction? It happened to me too with files from Logic's library. I'm investigating

So, what's new in this update, except for bug fixes:
    • Slices cannot go outside the screen. They're limited to the sample length.
    • I've increased the zoom size.
    • You can split the sample into equal regions by entering the number of regions. (I'll have to figure out tempo detection, but it's on my plate)
    • You can split the current selected sample into half and go from there.
    • When renaming a sample which has a preset, it now renames the preset also.
    • When you tap ADD SLICE, it ads it after the current selected slice.
    • Fixed the faders. You can drag them easily now.