Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that can do soft, ethereal pads (mostly for church worship)?

Are there any apps that can do unobtrusive soft pads that provide a calm, meditative atmosphere for a church setting? I normally use my ipad mini 2 for sounds when playing live in church, but what I'm struggling with is having good quality pad sounds. I'm not too technical and don't have much experience tweaking sounds, but I am willing to learn. However, are there any apps that don't complicate the process too much? Any recommendations for apps that have presets or are easy for beginners to craft sounds like these?

Comments

• edited February 2018

Well the classic church pad is a Hammond organ. Galileo by Yonac as many presets for all flavours.

I will be interested in seeing what synth suggestion others have.

• Korg iM1
    Korg iWAVESTATION
    PPG Infinite

• I was needed a quick light pad sound in a track and was amazed at how good the little $2 SyndtSphere sounded. It’s just presets (they sell the full deal too) but there ya go!

• edited February 2018

Simple solution:
    AutoPad — Ambient Pad Loops by Ryan Robinson

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autopad-ambient-pad-loops/id1270890718?mt=8

Easy presets. Just tap the chord you want. Done. I think that’s the “churchy” sound you’re looking for.

• Haven’t used it, but I expect Moodscaper would be right up your alley. Also, Animoog. I’ve many many pad presets for that one

• Sunrizer and the cfa vintage or ambient packs. Very nice soft and moody pads there

• @Hmtx said:
    Simple solution:

Easy presets. Just tap the chord you want. Done. I think that’s the “churchy” sound you’re looking for.

Woohoo! That’s cool!
    I was going to suggest the Moodscaper apps, but this one seems more suited to the purpose, especially if you are playing live with this as accompaniment.

• I would second the Korg iM1 suggestion. It has a ton of presets, as well as an efficient preset browser which makes it easy to find the kind of sounds you’re looking for. For meditative, unobtrusive sounds, iM1 gets my vote.

• @Hmtx said:
    Simple solution:

yeah this is cool. Its also Inter App Audio compatible (IAA) and you can put some Reverb or Delay on top of it.
    beside that you can download and purchase MP3 pad sounds and play them in AUM (which is btw. the coolest app for iOS musicians).
    I have some cool patches for Thor in that direction too, if you like.

What I also like is a patch in iSEM called "KS Trance energy ARP" - I bump up the ARP speed really really high and add reverb to it (EOS2 by audio damage). This is cool stuff.

I love to play the bass notes of the key I am playing in MOOD (preset: warmer pad by redskylullaby) with some shimmer (Crystalline). gives some warm bass in addition to the pad.

Today came Discord4 by Audiodamage and this video might be cool to watch for you too...
    ==> https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24797/discord4-demo

happy padding :)

• Sunrizer
    Dream Foot has some amazing worship pads.

• love this patch of infinite. Thanks for pointing it out... wow!!!

• edited February 2018

Cyclop o:)

• edited February 2018

@ToMess said:
    Cyclop :)

That would be the day. A bit of Cyclop rumble during a worship and it would be like the second coming or something?! ;) (Sorry could not resist).

• @Samu said:

@ToMess said:
    Cyclop :)

That would be the day. A bit of Cyclop rumble during a worship and it would be like the second coming or something?! ;) (Sorry could not resist).

Definitely would be, and god should decide the preset by selecting something in random. And it would be a sacralige to listen to the app before the ceremony

• edited February 2018

@david_2017 said:

love this patch of infinite. Thanks for pointing it out... wow!!!

Yeah nice patch, if a little harsh to start with, so I’ve mellowed it with the settings shown. Moving the tonal knob helps get it in line with the mood and the Envelope Reverb helps too :)

Also try changing Octave 1 knob and the Cutoff to taste

• PPG Wavemapper

• Wavestation, Thor

• Poison 202

• The Oscillator by Kymatica :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Magellan

Just got that on sale about a week ago. It is pretty mind-blowing. Not sure how I overlooked it for so long. :)

• edited February 2018

@Grobles87 said:
    Are there any apps that can do unobtrusive soft pads that provide a calm, meditative atmosphere for a church setting? I normally use my ipad mini 2 for sounds when playing live in church, but what I'm struggling with is having good quality pad sounds. I'm not too technical and don't have much experience tweaking sounds, but I am willing to learn. However, are there any apps that don't complicate the process too much? Any recommendations for apps that have presets or are easy for beginners to craft sounds like these?

Straight Away I will mention a couple, which work like magic

1. Im1/Korg Module Darwin - there is a preset called "Palamine" .. which will serve your purpose mentioned above

Bonus entries
    2. Soundprism Link - Has a preset called "the Beauty and the Organ" .... made for Church...(need stereo to feel the magic)
    3. Korg Module also some great ready made string/Piano sounds
    4. Perfect recipe Korg Gadget + Soundprism
    Korg gadget you need to have both module and Darwin.
    module to channel 2 and Darwin to 3
    so anytime you have a second finger touch on Soundprism you get great pads layered over module

P.s I have tried other great apps like Layr, Magellan,Thor (some patches need lot of CPU resource.. so dont work on older IPad's), Moodscaper, isymphonic.. ease of use kept me going back to above

Beathawk has some great key sound packs (B3,Electric organ/Piano), but simply refuses to work reliably with IOS based midi controllers, too many clicks and pops for my liking

• edited February 2018

Honestly any synth with asdr envelopes and some reverb can be made to sound angelic. Long attack and release, very simple. IMO however when you take a pad sample, downloadable anywhere or make your own and you put it in a sampler like Vancouver I'm Gadget or BM3 or whatever else you've got you can get much more interesting sounds, slowed down, reversed, looped, effected etc.

Since we're dropping names still, Cubasis Minilogue, Caustic's Super Saw or Pad Synth. Gadgets Lisbon and Helsinki.

• @Grobles87 said:

Korg Imi
    has a preset called palamine

• @Grobles87 I’ve bought loads for the same use, and keep coming back to the cinematic presets in LayR. Perfect for me (tweaked jupiter pad)

• encenc
    edited February 2018

Sunrizer :)

• Korg module:

no fiddling around onstage - just plug that bad boy to your midi keys and let er rip. The ‘set list’ feature is so simple but oh-so-useful in a live setting and the sounds it puts out are the real deal.