Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist is live on the App Store

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @alecsbuga I know it's late in the game for a feature request but could you build one of them MPC styled grovebox apps for us? Put some pads on that and give it audio in and some trimming functionality. :p

I was actually thinking of using pads for the slices and when you switch in chromatic mode it will display the keys. I’m working on polyphonic mode as we speak.

PS you can trim the sample in the current version.

Also recording works. I have a hidden screen which records from the mic. I’ll have to figure it out how to do it via Audiobus. That would be sweet.

• @ToMess said:
    What does this offer more than sampler on bm3, samplebot etc?

Nothing. This doesn’t aim to be BM3. Its meant to be a copy of Ableton Simpler. Or OP1 sampler if you’d like. It will evolve over time because I have a lot of ideas. Including a sequencer. But one at a time.

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    ...Its meant to be a copy of Ableton Simpler. Or OP1 sampler if you’d like.

Cool. Looks nice and streamlined too.

• @alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

Nothing. This doesn’t aim to be BM3. Its meant to be a copy of Ableton Simpler. Or OP1 sampler if you’d like. It will evolve over time because I have a lot of ideas. Including a sequencer. But one at a time.

Okay. But since there are already good products that does sampling in similar, but more powerful ways(or it seems at least for now), you really should offer something that others dont, like making this an audio unit. Why would someone choose to sample and sequence on this app, when you got bm3? But if this could be loaded multiple sessions of to cubasis or aum, then this app would offer tons and be able to differentiate itself from others.

• @ToMess said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

Okay. But since there are already good products that does sampling in similar, but more powerful ways(or it seems at least for now), you really should offer something that others dont, like making this an audio unit. Why would someone choose to sample and sequence on this app, when you got bm3? But if this could be loaded multiple sessions of to cubasis or aum, then this app would offer tons and be able to differentiate itself from others.

That's the plan.
    I'm also not forcing anyone to buy it :) It's a free market. Diversity is good.
    I've built his mainly for myself because I needed a slicer which can play individual drum hits with effects applied on them. The plan was to have AUv3 but it's not that simple So i'm taking one step at a time. Audiobus & Inter-app was easy to add.

• @ToMess I would say a different tool for a different purpose. No doubt BM3 is powerful but I find its complexity pretty overwhelming.
    I agree an AU version would be welcome though.

• edited February 2018

Ok so I'm offering a 50% discount as an introductory price so you can all get your hands on it :)
    Grab it while it's hot!
    It probably takes a little while to update the price through the AppStore

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Ok so I'm offering a 50% discount as an introductory price so you can all get your hands on it :)
    Grab it while it's hot!
    It probably takes a little while to update the price through the AppStore

>

Yeah, still showing £9.99 in UK.

BTW, why does it list developer as a Christina Buga, in the App Store?

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

That's the plan.
    I'm also not forcing anyone to buy it :) It's a free market. Diversity is good.
    I've built his mainly for myself because I needed a slicer which can play individual drum hits with effects applied on them. The plan was to have AUv3 but it's not that simple So i'm taking one step at a time. Audiobus & Inter-app was easy to add.

I think the strongest selling point is that it chops the slices to individual files for export without a million duplicate wave files accumulating. No disrespect to BM3 but it's a high maintenance app if all you want to use it for is chopping.

• @ToMess said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

@ToMess said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

What if someone doesn't own BM3? Or what if someone wants a smaller, streamlined app that looks nice and does its more focused thing? What if someone has read that more is planned, and wants to get in on the ground floor? What if the app isn't aimed at everyone?

I wonder if there's an iOS music app developer somewhere who somehow doesn't know what AUv3 is and needs its benefits explained here. Seems kinda unlikely.

• edited February 2018

I'll stick my demo video here too but it also has its own thread for those who aren't reading this one

Here is my link if you want to help me out
    You can get Samplist here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samplist/id1347142920?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• @alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

can't see any information on the export options, what file types are supported?

• Thank you very much Doug. You haven’t touched the filters. Also there an unlimited amount of slices you can add. I do have to tweak a little the adding part because it adds it immediately after the last slice, and not the selected one. Also I’ll add split slice, slice to X slices and standard stuff like that.

You can export slices as separate files nicely renamed in a zip file.

• @cstep333 said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

It basically supports all audio files. I’d recommend wav though because I noticed some CAF files behave weird. They probably have some loop info in there and it confuses my sampler.

Guys. I’m gonna create a google form and post it here so you can send ideas and feedback.

AlsO I have a crash reporting tool which send me all your crashes so worry not I got it covered.

I’m really pumped for this app so expect great things. I’ve been dreaming of building something like this for years.

• Been beta testing this it shows a lot of potential and sure will only get better. Just brought it whilst on discount as want to have it permanent. Thanks @alexbuga can’t wait to see what you add.

• @alecsbuga said:

@cstep333 said:

@alecsbuga said:

@ToMess said:

It basically supports all audio files. I’d recommend wav though because I noticed some CAF files behave weird. They probably have some loop info in there and it confuses my sampler.

Guys. I’m gonna create a google form and post it here so you can send ideas and feedback.

AlsO I have a crash reporting tool which send me all your crashes so worry not I got it covered.

I’m really pumped for this app so expect great things. I’ve been dreaming of building something like this for years.

Had a few niggles with the app today, is your crash reporting tool automatic with the paid for app?

• @lovadamusic said:
    What if someone doesn't own BM3? P

>

What if someone does own BM3, but has never been able to get on with the app?

Thst’s me, that is, and following Doug’s video, plus the intro price, just bought Samplist. :)

• edited February 2018

Wow this is a bit bugged (at least on my side - iPad Pro 12.9).

• Sampler wont stop playing after end of slice is reached
    • Crashed after tried to export slice
    • Trim as new sample does nothing at all (current version)

Keep up the good work!

• edited February 2018

Hey @alecsbuga Cool thing!

Question: what’s the yellow Master Volume rectangle do - it doesn’t seem to respond to any touch gestures...same question about the Glide rectangle...

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    Wow this is a bit bugged (at least on my side - iPad Pro 12.9).

• Sampler wont stop playing after end of slice is reached
    • Crashed after tried to export slice
    • Trim as new sample does nothing at all (current version)

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, it's got something to do with CAF files from what I noticed. WAV should be fine.

• @Littlewoodg said:

Question: what’s the yellow Master Volume rectangle do - it doesn’t seem to respond to any touch gestures...

Well it does, but you need to tap right on the end of the slider... It's on my Todo list.

• edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@lovadamusic said:

>

Thst’s me, that is, and following Doug’s video, plus the intro price, just bought Samplist. :)

That’s me as well. Probably worth revisiting now since people aren’t reporting so many crashes now.

Meanwhile back on topic Samplist seems like a reasonable start. But the core sliceing feature needs a LOT of work in my opinion.

Improvements I would like to see include

automatic slicing to an equal number of parts

Automatic detection of beats.

Much higher magnification and a nudge feature on sample start and end

Sample ‘tuning’ by which I mean that if I load a sample and play it chromatically it should play the note I play on the keyboard

At present it just seems to shift up a semitones per key from C so that if for example I have an A note at 440hz as my sample when I press the A key I get an fsharp at 742hz

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Zen210507 said:

@lovadamusic said:

>

That’s me as well. Probably worth revisiting now since people aren’t reporting so many crashes now.

Meanwhile back on topic Samplist seems like a reasonable start. But the core sliceing feature needs a LOT of work in my opinion.

Sample ‘tuning’

All on my list ;)

Sample tuning is in there, on a separate page. I'll post a video of my own where I illustrate it.

• @alecsbuga said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Zen210507 said:

@lovadamusic said:

>

Sample ‘tuning’

All on my list ;)

Sample tuning is in there, on a separate page. I'll post a video of my own where I illustrate it.

Yes, just swipe left and you can also add glide too on that page

• edited February 2018

Here's a more detailed video

And once again, thank you very much for your support guys.
    Keep sending feedback here https://goo.gl/forms/fgg53TpberN2bxBY2

Now back to coding :)

• Well that’s a good start on sample tuning but what if my sample is out of tune or I don’t know what note it is.

• @alecsbuga said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Question: what’s the yellow Master Volume rectangle do - it doesn’t seem to respond to any touch gestures...

Well it does, but you need to tap right on the end of the slider... It's on my Todo list.

Thanks @alecsbuga I get it now - I can be a dim bulb

• With the blazing speed that this app came to live, I expected a few niggles. I am also sure that @alecsbuga is on it to make this the solid sampling app that everyone has been looking for. And at the rate he has been going, it should be totally compliant by what? Noon Monday? :wink:

• @JudgeDredd said:
    With the blazing speed that this app came to live, I expected a few niggles. I am also sure that @alecsbuga is on it to make this the solid sampling app that everyone has been looking for. And at the rate he has been going, it should be totally compliant by what? Noon Monday? :wink:

:) I want this badly for myself so I'm very motivated.

• Just tried Quantum in AUM with Samplist loaded and it accidentally started triggering my sample inside Samplist! This is crazy and opens up so many opportunities.