Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KORG Gadget Vancouver │ Wave Table Synthesis?! - haQ attaQ 271

Is it really possible to do Wave Table Synthesis with KORG Gadget Vancouver? Well to a point..

haqattaq

Comments

• Been loving making dnb in gadget...love your videos man,.

• Cool idea!

• Hmm...

Since 'Vancover' does everything (Start, End & Loop) in % it would make sense to merge 100 waves into one 'table'.
    This way 1% would equal one 'wave' making it easy to set proper loop and wave-starts :)

• @Samu said:
    Hmm...

Since 'Vancover' does everything (Start, End & Loop) in % it would make sense to merge 100 waves into one 'table'.
    This way 1% would equal one 'wave' making it easy to set proper loop and wave-starts :)

they would all have to be a 10th of a second long though! :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@Samu said:
    Hmm...

they would all have to be a 10th of a second long though! :)

Any number that's a factor of 100 would work.

I like this idea; it appeals to my fussy instincts.

• One of your most interesting video @jakoB_haQ. Thanks for this

• edited February 2018

The first 20 or so folders of AKWF's are at 100 files each all 600 samples long so merging a folder into one file is just about perfect. In Vancouver the 'start' will then set the wave-number(1% for each wave) length at 1%(to cover one wave) and loop to 0% so the loop starts at the selected waves start...

Now all we need is numerical feedback in Gadgets automation editor :)

• But – 0% to 100% is surely 101 discrete steps? :*

• @u0421793 said:
    But – 0% to 100% is surely 101 discrete steps? :*

0% for the first wave one 99% or something like the last one or something like that ;)

• Between this, Gladstone, and that Mellotron expansion in Module, I think I have what I need to create something that sounds like early Justice (that dark electro stuff).

• @Samu said:
    The first 20 or so folders of AKWF's are at 100 files each all 600 samples long so merging a folder into one file is just about perfect. In Vancouver the 'start' will then set the wave-number(1% for each wave) length at 1%(to cover one wave) and loop to 0% so the loop starts at the selected waves start...

Now all we need is numerical feedback in Gadgets automation editor :)

Excellent idea Samuel!

• @Samu said:

@u0421793 said:
    But – 0% to 100% is surely 101 discrete steps? :*

0% for the first wave one 99% or something like the last one or something like that ;)

Dial-a-wave. I dig it. B)

• @jakoB_haQ

This is such great work. I will almost certainly never create a file in Cubasis using carefully selected single-cycle waveforms. But watching your process was really inspiring. It fired all kinds of ideas for how to work with Vancouver. Please keep making these videos. You're approaching Jeremy Hall (of Red Means Recording) in terms of entertainment/instruction.
    Extending my Patreonage, man. Thanks.