Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SAMPLIST Sampling App - Demo and Tutorial for the iPad

Here is a demo for the new SAMPLIST app by @alecsbuga this is going to really useful for a lot of people

You can get Samplist here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samplist/id1347142920?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• I was waiting for this, thank you Doug!

• Good demo - so you can only play one slice at a time and not spread them across the keyboard?

• @PhilW said:
    Good demo - so you can only play one slice at a time and not spread them across the keyboard?

you can place one slice over the whole keyboard chromatically but I don't think you can layer

• Thanks for the quick video!

• @PhilW said:
    Good demo - so you can only play one slice at a time and not spread them across the keyboard?

You can play the slices simultaneously like a drum kit. That was the main reason I've build it. I needed a drum-slicer.
    It also has Choke

• Just had Quantum sending midi to it, works fab.

• edited February 2018

@alecsbuga said:

@PhilW said:

You can play the slices simultaneously like a drum kit. That was the main reason I've build it. I needed a drum-slicer.
    It also has Choke

Do you play them from the keyboard (each slice mapped to a different key)? Also is it possible to tune each sample?

• It’s a bit buggy. If I set one slice, I get no sound at all from a .wav file until I select play chromatically. Then, if I add a second slice, no sound at all.

Would also like the zoom in to be at least double its current level, for accuracy.

• @Zen210507 said:
    It’s a bit buggy. If I set one slice, I get no sound at all from a .wav file until I select play chromatically. Then, if I add a second slice, no sound at all.

Would also like the zoom in to be at least double its current level, for accuracy.

What’s the benefit (when the bugs are fixed) of using this app to play samples, over say, BM3 or Samplr? Is it just that it timestretches?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:
    It’s a bit buggy. If I set one slice, I get no sound at all from a .wav file until I select play chromatically. Then, if I add a second slice, no sound at all.

What’s the benefit (when the bugs are fixed) of using this app to play samples, over say, BM3 or Samplr? Is it just that it timestretches?

BM3 timestretches

• edited February 2018

• @Zen210507 said:

If you set 5 slices you can play them like a drum kit. That's the main purpose of the app.

If you enable chromatic mode, it plays chromatically the current slice.

• edited February 2018

@MonzoPro said:

>

The benefit for me, Monzo, is that I understand the app, and already find it easier to use. I think I see where it’s going, and wanted to give it a go at the intro price.

Not sure if the feature of chromatic play mode is unique to this, but once the bugs are fixed, that will be useful.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

The benefit for me, Monzo, is that I understand the app, and already find it easier to use. I think I see where it’s going, and wanted to give it a go at the intro price.

Not sure if the feature of chromatic play mode is unique to this, but once the bugs are fixed, that will be useful.

Yeah, I like the straightforward look of the thing, hopefully this results in a lower CPU hit. I’d need AU support though as I’d want to run a few instances, but sounds like it’ll happen eventually.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Yeah, I like the straightforward look of the thing, hopefully this results in a lower CPU hit. I’d need AU support though as I’d want to run a few instances, but sounds like it’ll happen eventually.

Yeah AU support is a must before this is useful to myself.

• @grego68 said:
    The intro price is here by the way (10 euros was too high imho) .I have some bugs too and a very aliased and metallic sound (harmonics ?) I can’t wait the new update ...Wish to have reverse, polyphony,jitter,arpeggio and automatic chop ...It’s very basic for the moment compared to Bm3, Impc,samplr,reslice or even samplewiz or beat machine. I bought it to support this dev who looks passionated and brave but I’m not sure to use it in this first version.If he regulary updates and improve it that’s a good reason.

To me, if an app isn't worth 10 dollars, then it's not worth 5. If it's not worth 5, it's probably not worth my time. Of course, amongst those who have iPads and iPhones, economics varies, but I think the reality of maintaining a healthy market for good apps is that, anything that is actually useful in a music-making workflow is worth 10 dollars. Hopefully, the iOS market can continue to support that, or I think it'll be in big trouble.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

Yeah it’s not to moan or ruin the thread, just letting the dev see there is other interest, if an AU option becomes available :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

Yeah it’s not to moan or ruin the thread, just letting the dev see there is other interest, if an AU option becomes available :)

It’d be it’s killer feature, and make it pretty much essential for serious music makers.

It doesn’t need tons of other features - simplicity is the key - as an AU app it’ll fit into part of an existing ecosystem, in the way that Brambos and Audio Damage apps do.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

I let him know this before he released the app. I wish him well and it's not about crapping on his efforts. He is aiming for Ableton simpler. Great! But the simpler tool is in the context of Live--his app is in the context of iOS. The closest context to make this app useful is AU support. I'll buy at full price once he gets there--and I expect he will!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

It’d be it’s killer feature, and make it pretty much essential for serious music makers.

It doesn’t need tons of other features - simplicity is the key - as an AU app it’ll fit into part of an existing ecosystem, in the way that Brambos and Audio Damage apps do.

Yeah even in BM3 I would have use for a small AU sampler that I could then transfer straight to other apps I work in

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

I let him know this before he released the app. I wish him well and it's not about crapping on his efforts. He is aiming for Ableton simpler. Great! But the simpler tool is in the context of Live--his app is in the context of iOS. The closest context to make this app useful is AU support. I'll buy at full price once he gets there--and I expect he will!

Yeah well worth the money if it gets there, so not bothered about missing the initial trial price myself.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

Pretty much sums up mu shekel-expenditure plans also...

• edited February 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

Yeah even in BM3 I would have use for a small AU sampler that I could then transfer straight to other apps I work in

Exactly! Intua would be smart to cleave off a simple version of their sampler as an AU but they seem to prefer fishing for bigger catches. Fine. The market is wide open for a simple AU sampler...

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

LMAO like anyone even remotely aware of this forum needs to be reminded about AU. >:)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Ah, the special Jewish version, with the nifty looking trimmed down interface. :D

• @alecsbuga said:
    If you set 5 slices you can play them like a drum kit. That's the main purpose of the app.

If you enable chromatic mode, it plays chromatically the current slice.

>

Yes, I understand. But what I am reporting is that even after new update, this is not working.

If I import a .wav file, and select a slice then flip the chromatic toggle, that slice plays. If I then add another slice, I can see the marker moving when I press a key...but no sound emerges. If I then go back to slice 1 it has also fallen silent. :'( Major problem.

Latest IOS on iPad Pro 10,5.

• @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Ah, the special Jewish version, with the nifty looking trimmed down interface. :D

OK, that got a giggle :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

AU or no buy.

LMAO like anyone even remotely aware of this forum needs to be reminded about AU. >:)

I never mind playing the devil where AU is concerned lol