Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4 track EP created with Gadget & BM3 (idm, footwork, cute, weird)

https://starpause.bandcamp.com/album/weeklybeats-january-2018

My entire discography is $1 through Feb 11th (bday! celebrate!)

and HMU if you want a download code to get at the stems/project files/3d models I used for the cover etc

Comments

• This IS cute and weird, which is very much the strawberry in my jam. Nice work!

I particularly like 'Curious Crochet'. I recognise a lot of the Gadget sounds but would love to know what that lovely squelchy lead sound is; the low one.

How do you find BM3? I own it but have never managed to get into it. Gadget, however, I use a LOT. How would you compare them?

Thanks for these tunes; they're like fancy little chocolates.

• Gadget is super fast to work with and has so many built in good sounds... Especially when you got excited about each of them coming out and bought them all

• Aww I love these tunes!!

• OK another comparison... Gadget is relatively stable, like I'm surprised when it crashes. BM3, every time I sit down with it, will crash a few times a session. Making this week's beat it crashed 5+ times.

But this week I also tried an AUv3 for the first time and offered a seamless experience in BM3 ala Gadget loading. Way better than the IAA midi setup struggle I've been dealing with between BM3 and Gadget (which AudioGus is already witness to lol).

@AudioGus said:
    Aww I love these tunes!!

TYTYTY glad they work on your ears!

• edited February 2018

Soap trap is in my league but there’s a scream that thru me off wasn’t expecting it lol but the sounds are super crisp and clear. I like em. All mastered in bm3 I’m guessing? Any effects from gadget?

• Dude! This is too good.
    Weird stuff going on... but still highly musical! Insta-follow!

• Yeah, really like this. Imaginative, leftfield, and fun.

• Late to the (birthday?) party, but I really enjoyed these, especially tracks 1 & 4.

I love playing with Gadget, but still can't wrap my head around scenes... Bought BM3 on day one and am anxiously awaiting Universal support! :)

• @stormywaterz said:
    All mastered in bm3 I’m guessing? Any effects from gadget?

Mastered using LANDR, organized a group buy with the weeklybeats crew :)

Soap Trap and Integral Grin are both BeatMaker3, I was still using Korg Gadget for the first two.

Using Gadget via IAA with crashy BM3 was pissing me off... Just discovering and getting into AUv3 ^^

@senhorlampada said:
    still highly musical! Insta-follow!

@iansainsbury said:
    Imaginative, leftfield, and fun.

TYTYTY BLESS

@drelbs23 said:
    I love playing with Gadget, but still can't wrap my head around scenes... Bought BM3 on day one and am anxiously awaiting Universal support! :)

For TVOS support?

Yeah gadget monolithic song view is cumbersome. Trick for me was lots of copy pasting between rows. I don't like that you have to freeze a whole instrument at a time.

I can complain about BM3 as well though, I wish there was a one click way to convert a midi track into an audio sample. For being a powerful sampler it's unfortunate BM3 makes you create track, arm it, select input, hit record, press play, wait for the part to complete, go back and trim... For something that could be a menu option on a pattern to "render wav"

• @staRpauSe said:
    For TVOS support?

I'd like to upgrade from BM2 on my iPhone. ;)

• Yeah gadget monolithic song view is cumbersome. Trick for me was lots of copy pasting between rows. I don't like that you have to freeze a whole instrument at a time.

I can complain about BM3 as well though, I wish there was a one click way to convert a midi track into an audio sample. For being a powerful sampler it's unfortunate BM3 makes you create track, arm it, select input, hit record, press play, wait for the part to complete, go back and trim... For something that could be a menu option on a pattern to "render wav"

Gadgets freeze option very good. Bm3 should implement that and be able to save that sample if needed. Bm3 still has a long way to go. Gadget is still top dog as a whole but they still need to step there game up to.

• edited March 2018

Bumping this! Got a new beat out in the same genre (well, I've been making a new beat every week but... not getting over here ever week)

If you want to particpate in BM3 Battle #07 - BANK💢BANK💢 now is a good time to head over, see if you've got a bank to contribute, or grab the pack and get ban(g/k)ing!!!

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6457/bm3-battle-07-bank-bank-deadline-march-14th/