Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM Player update 02.21.18

I know there's been some chatter in another thread with @analog_matt and he mentioned there's been an update, but it deserves its own shout out in case anyone's not aware of the update itself (nice things added, very happy about the release/attack choices etc). I was compelled to put down my mutton sandwich for a minute and reiterate what a terrific bit of generous design these guys have delivered the community at large. And it's also expletively good.

Comments

• This is yet another awesome update. Do the devs a favor and leave new ratings and reviews. And spread the word on this free gem. B)

• Ah, the boys are back in town, and doing a great job.

• Thanks for the shoutouts, everybody! :)

FM Player v1.1 has added Attack & Release envelopes! Plus, beautiful velocity curves individually tailored to each sound. It's fun to play with a MIDI Keyboard. Now available to download:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?ls=1&mt=8

• Wow, truly a gem! Thanks for the gift Matt!

• edited February 2018

Came across this beautiful video of "When the Rush Comes" playing Vangelis with the new update:

• edited March 2018

New FM PLAYER update is out (v1.1.2). Added a DISTORTION knob.

This distortion stops at a very sensible 10.999 (It doesn't "Go to 11") ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?mt=8

• @analog_matt said:
    New FM PLAYER update is out (v1.1.2). Added a DISTORTION knob.

This distortion stops at a very sensible 10.999 (It doesn't "Go to 11") ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fm-player-classic-dx-synths/id1307785646?mt=8

Dude, you made me spit my coffee. :D

• Cool, new update just arrived for. Time to blow the speakers! B)

• @analog_matt The distortion is acting kinda strange for me. I don’t hear anything until I go to about 70%, then the distortion comes in. The way it comes in, it sounds like a really distorted signal that gets cross faded with the clean signal as you go from 70% to 99%. The clean signal sounds layered with the severely distorted sound as you sweep up the level up toward max. The distortion doesn’t seem to build up as you increase the amount, like you would expect.

• edited March 2018

You’re right. It could be better. I’ll create a better distortion algorithm this weekend.

• @analog_matt said:
    You’re right. It could be better. I’ll create a better distortion algorithm this weekend.

Look on the bright side, I will spend the weekend doing what I'm told and then there's the Oscar party which is Missus G's Superbowl but with different hats and more noise. Be certain there will be many of us envying you your fine labor...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@analog_matt said:

Look on the bright side, I will spend the weekend doing what I'm told and then there's the Oscar party which is Missus G's Superbowl but with different hats and more noise. Be certain there will be many of us envying you your fine labor...

Now that’s funny.

• FM Player 1.1.3 is now out. The distortion has been replaced with a subtle tube amp overdrive. It sounds a bit like the old 70s Peavy tube amp I have in my basement. When you plug into the amp, it adds a lot of gain with a substantial amount of body. Giving it a nice, vintage, powerful loud sound with a light crunch. The new FM Player "overdrive" knob attempts to replicate this sound. It doesn't get too distorted. And, adds character while retaining the sonic characteristics of the source tone.

• Not responsible for blown speakers

• @analog_matt Wow! That was very quick!
    I am sorry if I seemed like I was bashing your first distortion version yesterday. I honestly was just wondering if it was acting as intended or maybe I needed to try a re-install or something.
    Just to be clear, I love this app, and I am a huge fan of the work you and the rest of the AudioKit team are doing. B)
    Now I’m off to find the new update and give it a spin. :)

• @CracklePot - I'm glad you brought up the distortion. It led to a much better implementation. Feel free to tell me things that are not working for you. As, that leads to better apps.

• @analog_matt said:
    @CracklePot - I'm glad you brought up the distortion. It led to a much better implementation. Feel free to tell me things that are not working for you. As, that leads to better apps.

Just tried out the new overdrive and it sounds super sweet. I like the warm overdrive / boost in gives, and I tried it with the Bitcrush and got some great gnarly tones as well.
    Well done, sir! B)

• Think I might dial it back a bit. Worried someone might get hearing damage!

• @CracklePot said:

@analog_matt said:
    @CracklePot - I'm glad you brought up the distortion. It led to a much better implementation. Feel free to tell me things that are not working for you. As, that leads to better apps.

Just tried out the new overdrive and it sounds super sweet. I like the warm overdrive / boost in gives, and I tried it with the Bitcrush and got some great gnarly tones as well.
    Well done, sir! B)

Guess I can't please everyone. Looks like at least one person liked the Distortion knob.

:D

• @analog_matt said:

@CracklePot said:

@analog_matt said:

Well done, sir! B)

Guess I can't please everyone. Looks like at least one person liked the Distortion knob.

You should tell them to combine Overdrive with Bitcrush. I thought that sounded pretty rugged.

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:

@analog_matt said:

@CracklePot said:

@analog_matt said:

Well done, sir! B)

You should tell them to combine Overdrive with Bitcrush. I thought that sounded pretty rugged.

Out of curiousity cant you have both ? Bringing back the old distortion and the new overdrive ?

• @analog_matt said:
    Think I might dial it back a bit. Worried someone might get hearing damage!

>

Not +1 louder, then. :)

But seriously, another great update. Love the richness of the sounds, and the ideal keyboard.

One tweak, if you have time. It would be good if the app remembered what was loaded last time. If possible, full on state Saving under AB.