Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro2 update (was: Why choose iTunes file sharing for stems?)

I was so excited when I saw stems in the new update for iMPC2, but then the dreaded iTunes greeted my eyes......so sad :'(

Comments

• If/when @retronyms add Files.app support the 'iTunes Option' would be my preferred option since I would be able to access all those files from any app that uses the iOS document picker :)

• @Samu said:
    If/when @retronyms add Files.app support the 'iTunes Option' would be my preferred option since I would be able to access all those files from any app that uses the iOS document picker :)

Yeah but as it is, it’s more like document nose picker as I don’t have a device that has iTunes. I know what you are saying though, I’m just pissed off that devs continue to thing we all use laptops as well as our idevices

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah but as it is, it’s more like document nose picker as I don’t have a device that has iTunes. I know what you are saying though, I’m just pissed off that devs continue to thing we all use laptops as well as our idevices

Yeah, I do hope they add Files.app support though as that would eliminate the need to use iTunes on the computer and It's no 'rocket science' to add that support for devices running iOS11...

(That's for the @retronyms developers).

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah, I do hope they add Files.app support though as that would eliminate the need to use iTunes on the computer and It's no 'rocket science' to add that support for devices running iOS11...

(That's for the @retronyms developers).

I will post this to the support service as they do communicate quite well so I’ve experienced.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

I will post this to the support service as they do communicate quite well so I’ve experienced.

Goodie, when you do mention it would be nice to have Files.app support in AudioCopy as well :)

• They say it has AudioCopy/AudioPaste support - if you can access these exported files in-app, you should be able to AudioCopy/Paste them to another app, no?

• @Fruitbat1919 @Samu Thanks for the input. I'm going to have a conversation about this with our developers. -Niki (:

• @Retronyms said:
    @Fruitbat1919 @Samu Thanks for the input. I'm going to have a conversation about this with our developers. -Niki (:

I sent in a support message too :)

• edited February 2018

@rs2000 said:
    They say it has AudioCopy/AudioPaste support - if you can access these exported files in-app, you should be able to AudioCopy/Paste them to another app, no?

You can use 'Audio Copy' while the stem export dialogue is open but once you close it another export operation is needed.

After quick test the individual pads from a track are not exported as separate files yet.
    It's one file per 'track' with send & return files from the effects.

In theory it should work but it's not possible to access 'Folders' in the 'iTunes File Transfer Bank' from with in iMPC Pro 2. (The stem export creates a folder and puts the files in it) so it's currently not possible to drag an exported stem to a pad in a new bank without first doing some housekeeping on the computer and lifting out all the needed files out from the folder and putting them directly in the 'Documents' folder in iTunes...

• @Retronyms said:
    @Fruitbat1919 @Samu Thanks for the input. I'm going to have a conversation about this with our developers. -Niki (:

Goodie, hope it turns out well :)

Also when doing a stem export it would be nice to be able to see the files after export.
    The 'Stem Export' creates a folder but the 'iTunes File Transfer Bank' option in iMPC Pro 2 does not show any sub-folders so accessing the exported stems from within iMPC Pro 2 is no workie.

WIth Files.app support we could use the Files.app and move the files from the exported 'Stems Folder' back to the root-folder of iMPC Pro 2 and thus access be able to drag them to pads from the 'iTunes File Transfer Bank'.

• +1 for files support, come on it’s not rocket science, please your customers.

• edited February 2018

If you have the AudioCopy app it’s pretty easy to send each stem there and bring it back from there to pads, or an audio track in the timeline.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    If you have the AudioCopy app it’s pretty easy to send each stem there and bring it back from there to pads, or an audio track in the timeline.

Not sure how you are doing this. I’m getting a noise sending anything to AudioCopy (reported) and the audio sent to AudioCopy is an audio mix. How are you sending stems?

• edited February 2018

I think it's wort clarifying that the current 'stem export' is one mix per track plus effect returns and not all pads as individual files.

The exported stem-files do end up as a folder inside iMPC Pro 2 (under all sounds) but it's not possible to peak inside the folder but it is possible to drag the entire folder to the pads to load all the files...

• @Samu said:
    I think it's wort clarifying that the current 'stem export' is one mix per track plus effect returns and not all pads as individual files.

The exported stem-files do end up as a folder inside iMPC Pro 2 (under all sounds) but it's not possible to peak inside the folder but it is possible to drag the entire folder to the pads to load all the files...

Yeah I’m fine with that to be honest, as I’m wanting to export the AU stems mostly. The kit pads would be nice individually, but I can live with it. I suppose it’s how I’m using it - probably very important for other users.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah I’m fine with that to be honest, as I’m wanting to export the AU stems mostly. The kit pads would be nice individually, but I can live with it. I suppose it’s how I’m using it - probably very important for other users.

I saw from the screenshot that you had a few AUv3's in the export?

Under 'all sounds' you should have a folder with the session name containing all the stems.
    (It's not possible to browse the content though).

If you drag that folder onto a new program you should see the stems as files nicely laid out on the pads?
    (I've just tried with a few AUv3's and they rendered fine Zeeon and Enkl in my case).

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I saw from the screenshot that you had a few AUv3's in the export?

Under 'all sounds' you should have a folder with the session name containing all the stems.
    (It's not possible to browse the content though).

If you drag that folder onto a new program you should see the stems as files nicely laid out on the pads?
    (I've just tried with a few AUv3's and they rendered fine Zeeon and Enkl in my case).

But I don’t have access to a computer that has iTunes. Can you access the folder just on the iPad?

• edited February 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

But I don’t have access to a computer that has iTunes. Can you access the folder just on the iPad?

The exported 'stem folder' shows up under 'All Sounds' inside iMPC Pro 2.

You can currently not browse the content of the stem folder but you can drag it onto the pads to load the files it contains.

The 'main mix' ends up in a 'iTunes File Transfer Bank' folder that you can also see under 'All Sounds'.
    You can delete the file in the 'iTunes File Transfer Bank' (drag it to the trash icon) inside iMPC Pro 2 (I had a few crashes doing this but it got deleted). You can however not delete the folder containing the exported stems and it feels like a bug to me since it's not even possible to browse it's content (it's just empty).

• edited February 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Not sure how you are doing this. I’m getting a noise sending anything to AudioCopy (reported) and the audio sent to AudioCopy is an audio mix. How are you sending stems?

This assuming you have AudioCopy installed...

Like your screeen shot above and probably as you’re doing, tap the AC icon on the right of each stem

Then you see this

Then press “copy audio” and then press “done”

And you go back to the first screen and select the next stem...one by one then go to AudioCopy and a file folder is in there with the stems stored inside

Which are available for “Open In” in-device....

• Just keep in mind that when using AudioCopy one creates copies of the files that are left behind inside iMPC Pro 2 with no way to delete them without hooking up a computer...

• @Samu @Littlewoodg

Was going to post a video of the noise I get when trying to use the method @Littlewoodg showed, but it’s too large a file to post direct here. Better try again tomorrow, as the sound it makes is really loud and my wife is in bed lol

• @Samu said:
    Just keep in mind that when using AudioCopy one creates copies of the files that are left behind inside iMPC Pro 2 with no way to delete them without hooking up a computer...

Yeah not keen on this idea if they are non deletable. Will go back to trying to drag that folder over again seems to crash me at the moment. Maybe my iPad needs to sleep lol

• It’s Cool to mess with iMPC Pro 2 tracks in Auria...

• @Retronyms said:

Thanks Nikki your awesome

• I stopped using iMPC Pro2 and audiocopy because audio copy is limited to 44.1 16 bit audio files.
    It's a shame because it is actually a very good app.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I stopped using iMPC Pro2 and audiocopy because audio copy is limited to 44.1 16 bit audio files.
    It's a shame because it is actually a very good app.

Yeah I’m thinking it’s a work in progress. An app with lots of potential.

• I am getting a huge crackle on the first downbeat of every bar. The loop is 21 tracks 3 of them AU the rest is samples. Just wanted to try stem export so I am keeping every sound on it’s own track.
    Can’t find a way to delete tracks.
    Maxipad latest 11

• Hey @NTKK . Have you emailed our support team about this issue? I'm curious if the crackle is on a specific track/sample. The email address is [email protected]. Right now there is no way to delete a specific track. You can, however, delete the last track in the tracks view by hitting the red minus sign. -Niki

• HI Niki - I’ll send a mail to support. It’s on all tracks. Even when soloing tracks. Did a Quick test, and it seems it happens after adding track 12. So 11 is the limit here with samples - 24bit imported from BM3. I can do a test with your banks and see if it still happens.