Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence midi sequencer ?

Comments

• Wow. You are good. I was beginning to wonder if you’ve even had the time to read my PM only to just discover that you already posted an update YESTERDAY in the app store that resolved my problem. In ONE DAY you diagnozed and had a fix. That twice for me since buying the app when it first came out. Just left a good review and will be sure to continue to do so after everytime you update.

I’m really glad that i gave this app another chance. I’m finally beginning to click with it after a couple nights with it. The way you can hide unused CC lanes are so slick and i absolutely love how you can perform with a CC using the slider in the keyboard window. Buying the extra tracks was absolutely worth it.

• edited January 2018

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Wow. You are good.

Nah that's pure self-protection. One hour less sleep per night per unfixed bug. ;) (Have to give kudos to Apple too, they're really fast with their reviews. :blush: )

• edited January 2018

@Norbert said:
    I don't agree with this. A demo version should be free. In the world of gaming, you don't pay for demos. So charging 5$, which is half of the full price, is completely overboard. Imagine if gaming companies were charging half the price of their games, so 30$, for a demo? There is no way it would happen. Your demo is WAY too expensive. I think you should have charged like 1$ or 2$ and maybe cut other content for the demo version if the final product is 10$. So I maintain my statement here. I do believe your demo is too expensive, knowing it's not like a DLC, but rather a cut content from the base app.

Anyway, I like the app and I think you should charge for 10$ right away instead and let the community demo it for you online.

I just bought Xequencer. Haven't had a chance to put together anything complete yet, but it's looking like a good solution as a straightforward linear MIDI sequencer to drive a number of sound modules. I wouldn't classify it as just a "demo." The developer would be giving away too much for free or a piddling dollar or two. $5 seems more than reasonable for an iOS app. While the base app is a fully functional music tool for driving a few instruments---often all that's needed for many situations---I bought it realizing that the price will be $14 if I want to expand the number of tracks. It's not merely a demo to me.

Any dev who offers a free demo of their app, and wants to make money, has to cripple the demo in a way that makes purchasing the actual version a necessity for those wanting a functional piece of gear. Xequencer is a low-cost functional app that can be expanded into a higher-priced one. I'll probably buy the IAP but, at the moment, it serves a purpose as is, and it does it for 5 bucks. Your suggestion would double the cost for me, and also cost the developer $4 for every full purchase they'd have sold under the current pricing. If in your opinion the base app is too expensive for your needs, then get the IAP. If $14 is more than you think the full version is worth, your right as a consumer is to not buy it.

• edited January 2018

@lovadamusic said:

@Norbert said:
    I don't agree with this. A demo version should be free. In the world of gaming, you don't pay for demos. So charging 5$, which is half of the full price, is completely overboard. Imagine if gaming companies were charging half the price of their games, so 30$, for a demo? There is no way it would happen. Your demo is WAY too expensive. I think you should have charged like 1$ or 2$ and maybe cut other content for the demo version if the final product is 10$. So I maintain my statement here. I do believe your demo is too expensive, knowing it's not like a DLC, but rather a cut content from the base app.

Anyway, I like the app and I think you should charge for 10$ right away instead and let the community demo it for you online.

I just bought Xequencer. Haven't had a chance to put together anything complete yet, but it's looking like a good solution as a straightforward linear MIDI sequencer to drive a number of sound modules. I wouldn't classify it as just a "demo." The developer would be giving away too much for free or a piddling dollar or two. $5 seems more than reasonable for an iOS app. While the base app is a fully functional music tool for driving a few instruments---often all that's needed for many situations---I bought it realizing that the price will be $14 if I want to expand the number of tracks. It's not merely a demo to me.

Any dev who offers a free demo of their app, and wants to make money, has to cripple the demo in a way that makes purchasing the actual version a necessity for those wanting a functional piece of gear. Xequencer is a low-cost functional app that can be expanded into a higher-priced one. I'll probably buy the IAP but, at the moment, it serves a purpose as is, and it does it for 5 bucks. Your suggestion would double the cost for me, and also cost the developer $4 for every full purchase they'd have sold under the current pricing. If in your opinion the base app is too expensive for your needs, then get the IAP. If $14 is more than you think the full version is worth, your right as a consumer is to not buy it.

So yeah we agree, it's not a demo. My answer was to the developer who was implying it was like a demo. But I say no, it's not a demo because in my world, a demo is free. End of the story.

In-app-purchases should never be used as a paywall for an app you have dumbed down in order to sell it half price. It's bad business practice. It's much better to sell it full at a higher price tag and then add some features later as in-app-purchases. It shows you are confident in your product.

What if the person who buys the so called 'demo' 5$ doesn't like it? Well this person just lost 5$. I don't call it customer friendly personally.

• @SevenSystems
    I would love to be able to select different instrument tracks from my midi controller. Is this possible now or in the future? Do i need to upgrade to the “up to 12 controllers” add on to see it in the cc list? MIDI Steps and Infinite Looper has this option. But they also both have a fixed track amount so i suppose it would be trickier with Xequence.

I saw you leak the _Auto Add Controllers_work in progress. I’m thinking that may make a track select option redundant? As you may remember, I use Chordmaps2 and I think you have it too because you bailed me out a couple times already with trouble shooting.
    I’m really hoping that Chordmaps2 will play nicely with the _auto add controllers_feature . What I mean is, Chordmaps2 sends out on multiple midi channels; bass, chords 1, chords 2, ect. And it also has the ability to mute the different parts. So as long as xequence will be able uphold chordmap’s midi channel assignments via the auto add feature, which I’m assuming will allow for multitrack recording, then I won’t have to switch apps so frequently during the writing process. Assuming there’s a way to midi map the transport. I think i read something about the transport in the earlier comments.

• @Norbert said:

@lovadamusic said:

@Norbert said:

So yeah we agree, it's not a demo. My answer was to the developer who was implying it was like a demo. But I say no, it's not a demo because in my world, a demo is free. End of the story.

In-app-purchases should never be used as a paywall for an app you have dumbed down in order to sell it half price. It's bad business practice. It's much better to sell it full at a higher price tag and then add some features later as in-app-purchases. It shows you are confident in your product.

What if the person who buys the so called 'demo' 5$ doesn't like it? Well this person just lost 5$. I don't call it customer friendly personally.

If the person is going to spend that $5 then, before buying, just research the app a little and see if they think it's going to be worth it to them as is. Nobody is hiding anything, and nobody is being forced to spend their money.

You talk like you make the rules. It's your opinion about how a dev should sell their product, and that's fine. The dev here disagrees, and as a customer, I agree with the dev. The app store and iOS pricing is a mess of a world of its own, and developers sometimes need to think outside the box in order to make some money.

So someone spent 5 bucks and doesn't like the app... that's an unfortunate risk we all take buying anything. If the reason was that it's a 4-track sequencer, they should have read the big print before buying. :)

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @SevenSystems
    I would love to be able to select different instrument tracks from my midi controller. Is this possible now or in the future? Do i need to upgrade to the “up to 12 controllers” add on to see it in the cc list? MIDI Steps and Infinite Looper has this option. But they also both have a fixed track amount so i suppose it would be trickier with Xequence.

Sorry, MIDI remote control of Xequence is currently not available. The "Up to 12 controllers" IAP is to enable more than 3 controllers per instrument. Say, you not only want to control Modulation, Pitch and Cutoff (CC 74) on a certain instrument, but in addition Pan and CC 55. That's where the IAP comes handy.

The "Auto-add controllers" option (available in the next update) just makes sure that while recording, if you send CCs from an external control surface to Xequence that are not yet configured on the current instrument, they will be added automatically instead of ignored.

Multi-track MIDI recording is something different and I've added it to the roadmap, but it probably won't be implemented short-term.

Hope this clarifies!

• Indeed, thanks for the clarification! This midi recorder/sequencer is already great as is!

• @SevenSystems said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @SevenSystems

Sorry, MIDI remote control of Xequence is currently not available. The "Up to 12 controllers" IAP is to enable more than 3 controllers per instrument. Say, you not only want to control Modulation, Pitch and Cutoff (CC 74) on a certain instrument, but in addition Pan and CC 55. That's where the IAP comes handy.

The "Auto-add controllers" option (available in the next update) just makes sure that while recording, if you send CCs from an external control surface to Xequence that are not yet configured on the current instrument, they will be added automatically instead of ignored.

Multi-track MIDI recording is something different and I've added it to the roadmap, but it probably won't be implemented short-term.

Hope this clarifies!

Fair.

• edited January 2018

For anyone still listening to this thread, here's a little preview of the new control modes in the upcoming Xequence update:

It's not MPE and as such doesn't allow separate values per touched key; however, the upside is that it works with ANY synth (regular CCs) and is trivial to set up.

• That looks great! Even with ‘affects all notes’ rather than MPE, it’s almost exactly what I wanted.

• @SevenSystems said:
    For anyone still listening to this thread, here's a little preview of the new control modes in the upcoming Xequence update:

It's not MPE and as such doesn't allow separate values per touched key; however, the upside is that it works with ANY synth (regular CCs) and is trivial to set up.

Looks great!

• There's some other stuff in the oven too... :)

• @SevenSystems said:
    There's some other stuff in the oven too... :)

alright alright alright

• @SevenSystems said:

NICE!!

• @SevenSystems said:

YES!! So cool!!

• Hey I came across this app and I was interested but it doesn’t seem to be available in the Australian App Store. Can this be fixed?

• @starfishmod, according to Apple, the app should be available in Australia:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/xequence-midi-workstation/id1279011478?mt=8

Can you briefly explain what error you're getting or what you tried to find it? Thanks!

• edited February 2018

My apologies not sure what was happening but I was getting a not available in your location/App Store (or similar) but all good now... thanks for checking!

• @SevenSystems said:

I notice an undo/redo there. Are we getting one on the keyboard page too? Pretty please.

• edited February 2018

@Fitz said:
    I notice an undo/redo there. Are we getting one on the keyboard page too? Pretty please.

Yes, confirmed. Undo/Redo buttons (they do exactly what the same buttons in the Arranger / Pianoroll editor do) will be available on the Keyboard / Drum Pads screens in the next version (just submitted to Apple for review BTW!)

• Thanks @SevenSystems. Of course if my playing was better in the first place....

• @Fitz: Actually, I added them because of MY playing :D

• Awesome update! Just jumping back in but it looks like you really ran with the expressive control requests. How long until AU hosting? One can dream.

• @SevenSystems

Nice drum pads mate! I’m not sure if I’ll be using them, but I sent that IAP cash your way just the same. Well done! :sunglasses: Have a great weekend.

• Every single note of this track was made with Xequence. Loving this app :)

• Thanks for the new mapper. Definitely worth the IAP. I have never realised how cool this app is when used with gadget. So easy to map each track and, in my opinion, much easier to compose than directly inside gadget

• @cuscolima said:
    Thanks for the new mapper. Definitely worth the IAP. I have never realised how cool this app is when used with gadget. So easy to map each track and, in my opinion, much easier to compose than directly inside gadget

Yes, perfect for driving Gadget and AUM :)

• edited February 2018

Auto-add Controllers makes me happy. Thanks @SevenSystems