Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GRAND FINALE - Mastering App by KLEVGRAND - Coming Soon - iPad Demo

I think everyone will be very happy about Klevgrand making Grand Finale an iOS app, this sounds so good and is probably the most straight Mastering app ever, and because it's Klevgrand you know you are in good hands right from the start.

I'm pretty sure this will be released within the next few weeks but I don't have an exact release date yet.

Comments

• Can't watch the video at work. Is it going to be universal by any chance?

• @Jocphone I'm not sure they didn’t say, maybe they will pop in and comment, but I will ask them anyway

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Jocphone I'm not sure they didn’t say, maybe they will pop in and comment, but I will ask them anyway

Thanks Doug. Be nice to have a mastering app on the iPhone after all this time.

• @thesoundtestroom ,Doug could you do any editing on the waveform, that’s a feature missing from all iOS mastering app.
    If it can’t be done , please developer , take note.
    Also iOS 11 drag and drop a file from the files app.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @thesoundtestroom ,Doug could you do any editing on the waveform, that’s a feature missing from all iOS mastering app.

If you are editing the waveform, are you trying to master too early ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    @thesoundtestroom ,Doug could you do any editing on the waveform, that’s a feature missing from all iOS mastering app.

Maybe just trying to be the master of your own fate?

• Nice, so shall this be the TRackS of iOS?

• In your estimation, is this as good as Fab Filters?

• @JohnnyGoodyear , @AndyPlankton , look at mastering app on Mac you are able to edit the waveform like fade in and out etc, look at Presonus Mastering Suite in Studio One and Steinberg Mastering App , editing is possible

• @Zen210507 said:
    In your estimation, is this as good as Fab Filters?

I honestly don’t know, I don’t have the Fab Filters Compressors but I know it'll be a shed load cheaper plus you won’t need Auria to use it

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear , @AndyPlankton , look at mastering app on Mac you are able to edit the waveform like fade in and out etc, look at Presonus Mastering Suite in Studio One and Steinberg Mastering App , editing is possible

Blurred Lines I guess :)

• @Jocphone Just heard back from them and yes it is universal

@Jocphone Just heard back from them and yes it is universal

Sweet, thanks again Doug.

I don’t have the Fab Filters Compressors but I know it'll be a shed load cheaper plus you won’t need Auria to use it

>

Yes, that is always a temptation.

• Very cool this will be universal, I might have to give this one a try.

• We already have “Final cut” and “Audio Mastering”. Both apps are ok but not amazing. Is this app really better?

• Klevgrand have gained a lot of trust with Brusfri. That is a standout app.

• @Zen210507 I do love dearly the Fab Filter apps I do have and I have started to demo them too, I'm doing Volcano next or Saturn, I'm going to use a guitar because they make guitars sound incredible, and the Pro-R is something else too

• @Tarekith said:
    Very cool this will be universal, I might have to give this one a try.

@Tarekith fine praise indeed from a mastering engineer

• @Tarekith said:
    Very cool this will be universal, I might have to give this one a try.

Put me on the list to hear your feedback on this app if you do try it out. :)

• @gusgranite said:
    Klevgrand have gained a lot of trust with Brusfri. That is a standout app.

+1

• I guess they're keeping it simple, but I wish it had a waveform display and a graphical EQ. Maybe it's a crutch, but I don't trust my ears alone.

@Zen210507 I do love dearly the Fab Filter apps I do have and I have started to demo them too, I'm doing Volcano next or Saturn, I'm going to use a guitar because they make guitars sound incredible,

Look forward to that, they’ve been on my radar for a couple of years now.

• Can’t wait. A straightforward mastering app for iPhone is what I’ve been wanting lately. Don’t wann spend too much time getting surgical cause I trust my mixes, just want to beef things up slightly. Awesome

• @aaronpc said:
    I guess they're keeping it simple, but I wish it had a waveform display and a graphical EQ. Maybe it's a crutch, but I don't trust my ears alone.

Even with a graphical EQ you still have to rely on your ears.

• I have this for osX and it's capital L Lovely.

• Holding off on a new record just to try this

• A mastering engineer on FB ridiculed this by saying something like, ‘look, the EQ has bass AND treble...’.
    I don't think anyone will be saying an app beats a professional but it will be really interesting to hear what results this gets for non-professionals, etc.

• edited February 2018

@gusgranite said:
    A mastering engineer on FB ridiculed this by saying something like, ‘look, the EQ has bass AND treble...’.
    I don't think anyone will be saying an app beats a professional but it will be really interesting to hear what results this gets for non-professionals, etc.

Maybe Klevgränd know something he doesn’t. They do have a lot of professional projects involving sound:

https://klevgrand.se/projects/

I think their main goal is to make the mastering task easy and accessible without being too complicated for the average lay sound engineer.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@djjuniorpops said:

Mastering is typically done at the end, after you mix, and editing is often part of that process, whether it's trimming beginnings and ends of files, doing fades, assembling album order, or making edits to change song length. Definitely needed in a mastering app and as mentioned, none of them have it on ios.