Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tidal Orchestra Technique with Borderlands Granular

Comments

• You can also use your original source recording inside borderlands to create your tide. You can transpose up-and-down octaves. Essentially, the title pad is derived from the music that sits on top of it. Sort of recursive.

• edited February 2018

Great tutorial. Borderlands is one of my longtime favorites. You are probably wanting to use an lfo or something, but you can record automation for the duration or anything else with the record button in the upper left. Anything you move on screen can be recorded, then the speed can be adjusted in Settings.

• Nice video! Never tried Borderlands as an effect in AUM, but I am going to give it a try in a few minutes.
    Thanx for the tips

• @johnfromberkeley You could do that as well. I just completed an ambient piano piece where I use about 6 samples of different octaves and instruments to create a fairly dynamic tide, then played some piano over it for a while. I will be posting it soonish.

@CracklePot Thanks for the tip. I will have to test it out. I was thinking more along the lines of how iDensity has the one slider for pitch but then the bottom slider for randomness of the pitch, which gives slight variations.

@J_B1GS It works great in the effects slot. Set the min recording duration to small, maybe less than 3 seconds, so it cycles through more acts more like a live effect.

• Great tutorial

• This is inspiring, thanks.

I had forgotten BG can be used as a live effect, I’ve gotta tinker with that some more.

• Awesome tutorial. Now I've finally found a use for Borderlands.