Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• Lots and lots of YouTube, to the detriment of any musical playing despite a few new toys this week.

• I want to watch a livestream of @MonzoPro eating his Layers of Joy. :)

• @CracklePot said:
    I want to watch a livestream of @MonzoPro eating his Layers of Joy. :)

Yeah sure, I’ll send you a link to my channel: Monzo’s Pudding Challenge!

• @MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

This is @Bluepunk territory. Make it happen.

who.jpg 31.8K
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

This is @Bluepunk territory. Make it happen.

Did a baked bean facial video for a SOTMC review last year, but YouTube ripped it from the wall for some reason. Gooseberries in custard shouldn’t be so offensive. :)

• New season of Legion is excellent, great sound design too!!

Also enjoying Barry, Unreal, Marcella and Killing Eve

• Binge-watching The Sopranos (for the third time)

• The Crossing
    - Premise. A few dozen people turn up under the coastal waters of a small American town. Many drown. Those left alive claim to be refugees from war. A war in America, 180 years in the future.

What I’m not watching anymore is season 2 of ‘Legion’. The show openener has an admiral wearing a basket on his head, three women equipped with moustaches, and a plot that you need to be bonkers to understand!

Also, that new BBC thing, ‘The City and the City’ absolute tosh.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    The new Star Trek Discovery series blows away any previous Star Trek series — or movie, even!

>

Sorry, m’lady. I must disagree. As someone who has watched Star Trek since the original series, Discovery was awful. Beautiful effects, but the agendas bring rammed down our throats meant it may as well have been called Star Trek: The Next Snowflake.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    New season of Legion is excellent, great sound design too!!

Also enjoying Barry, Unreal, Marcella and Killing Eve

The more I watched Legion season 1 - the more I loved it! I think it's THE best show on TV currently. It's brilliant across all aspects - the writing, acting, directing, music, cinematogprahy and art direction ... I can't say enough how great I think this show is!

• Binged on worm wood, which I found compelling, was something I'd read about years back, surprised to see it on netflix. Binged on ghost wars, strangely addictive, but not sure if i liked it at the end. Tried to watch fear the walking dead session 3, but it went downhill after the first season, started on the crossing and watched a doc called the brainwashing of my dad, which made me clutch my pearls, had a happy ending though. Been indulging in a little esoterica on youtube going through a few vids on the higherside chats channel and a spot of corbett report for geopolitics gubbins.

• Watched this movie called “Given” on Netflix the other day. It was pretty cool. Kind of reminded me of Captain Fantastic, but with a family of globe trekking surfers instead of survivalists, and a lot more good-feels too.

• A truly great series is "Money Heist" (AKA la casa de papel). English subtitles. Great cast, lots of drama. A gang takes over the Spanish mint to print euros. Tons of twists and turns. The fire fight scenes were very well done. Too many bullets per gun without reloading, but what the hey.

• @Clam said:
    A truly great series is "Money Heist" (AKA la casa de papel). English subtitles. Great cast, lots of drama. A gang takes over the Spanish mint to print euros. Tons of twists and turns. The fire fight scenes were very well done. Too many bullets per gun without reloading, but what the hey.

Isn’t it always that way? :D
    They only seem to reload for dramatic effect.
    Same with getting shot, a few scenes later and it is as if it never happened. Unless it plays into the storyline, of course. :p

• @CracklePot said:
    Isn’t it always that way? :D
    They only seem to reload for dramatic effect.
    Same with getting shot, a few scenes later and it is as if it never happened. Unless it plays into the storyline, of course. :p

>

It’s always amusing how US cars routinely explode when they crash or are shot at. When in reality, even a direct hit to the petrol tank is unlikely to cause an explosion.

Just remembered another brilliant series: Narcos. Well worth getting stuck into.

• edited April 2018

My wife and I just watched two supernatural murder mystery TV series made in Belgium, all on Netflix. The first was "Tabula Rasa," which is about a woman who lost her memory in a traffic accident. She can learn things one day but then the knowledge is erased the next day. Meanwhile, she is accused of a murder. There's a spooky old house, a creepy daughter, a mental hospital, and a lot of great characters. It takes awhile to get going, but it really pays off. The second one is "Hotel Beau Sejour," where a teenager, Kato, wakes up in a hotel room to see a bloody corpse in the bathtub--her own. She doesn't remember how she was killed, or why she remains as some kind of ghost. Nobody can see her except for 5 people. The series is about her trying to solve the mystery of who killed her.

I highly recommend them both, particularly "Tabula Rasa."

There's one more Belgian murder mystery series we haven't watched yet--"The Break." We hear it is the best of the three.

• edited April 2018

@SpookyZoo said:
    Some great World Cinema lately.

Icelandic drama, Trapped was awesome.

I have 2 episodes of S6 of the always excellent French Police drama, Spiral (Engrenages) left to watch.

Also currently watching another enjoyable French drama, The Bureau.

Bill Pullman was excellent in Sinner.

Other great shows in the past half year...

Dark, kinda like a German, Stanger Things, pay attention to character names! ;)

Manhunt:Unibomber, Narcos, Glitch, The End of The F##king World. All very different but great/fun/dramatic.

Currently enjoying S2 of Sneaky Pete and looking forward to upcoming S2 of Westworld.

• In an above post this morning I praised Netflix "Money Heist," also known as Casa de Papel. Well, it must be pretty cool 'cause here's what the Verge said this afternoon:

"The most-viewed YouTube video of all time, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s “Despacito,” disappeared from YouTube briefly after being defaced by hackers. The video’s image was altered and replaced with a masked gang holding guns (from Netflix show Casa de Papel)"

• ‘The Toys That Made Us’ on Netflix was fun.

• edited April 2018

Man does tv suck. Get confused often when people hype these shows up and they almost always start sucking midway through the first season.

(Black mirror is awesome. )

I've started mr robot now and was really liking it until, again, halfway through season 1 when it starts losing itself. Writing and acting nosedive. Direction gets lost.
    But with mr robot I see that the creator Sam esmail takes over directing duties in season 2 and 3 so I will stick with it.

But yeah, standards seem very low when it comes to spending ones valuable time.

• Don't know if 'Hollands hoop' is on Netflix but it can be watched at the site of the NPO (public Dutch TV site). Can't recommend it enough. It's hilarious to see how a psychiatrist with his family are getting involved into the soft drugs growing scene at the country in the Groningen province (northern part of The Netherlands): https://npo.nl/hollands-hoop/BV_101385153

• edited April 2018

@Redo1 said:

Well done but gives me anxiety.

Edit: oh wait, I already said that. Gettin old

• @Redo1 said:
    Man does tv suck. Get confused often when people hype these shows up and they almost always start sucking midway through the first season.

I've started mr robot now and was really liking it until, again, halfway through season 1 when it starts losing itself. Writing and acting nosedive. Direction gets lost.
    But with mr robot I see that the creator Sam esmail takes over directing duties in season 2 and 3 so I will stick with it.

But yeah, standards seem very low when it comes to spending ones valuable time.

I completely disagree - in my opinion there are many tv shows now that surpass most movie releases these days. Many directors have expressed the same thought. Have you seen the recent Fargo series? Or Mindhunter on Netflix? Or like I said in an above post the FX show Legion? I think that show is the best thing on tv currently - its mindblowingly great.

• +1 for Altered Carbon - man what a cool ride that was!

• Mr. Robot gets much better as it goes, especially this last season which was the best so far I felt.

Just wrapped up Black Mirror last night, aside from a couple so so episodes it was easily one of the best TV shows I've seen. Very well done, some of them were like mini movies in terms of quality.

• edited April 2018

@MikeyP said:
    +1 for Altered Carbon - man what a cool ride that was!

>

Tried to like that. It certainly looked good. But the characters did not convince me.

The opposite was true with my guilty pleasure, which is ‘Empire’. The one about the hip-hop mogul Lucius Lyon. Two out of three songs leave me cold with their blandness or sheer craptastic grossness. But the characters, and acting are both top notch. It’s all great fun.

Also watching ‘Homeland’ and ‘Deception.’ Former is a brilliant as usual. Top script and acting. Latter is trying to do a ‘Mentalist’ and is watchable, but thus far lacks both the charisma of Patrick Jane, and the dark terror of his nemesis, Red John.

• I‘m going to start Outcast seasion 2 and the new lost in space series.
    I‘m a netflix junkie and it feels still like the best subscription model i used yet.
    Lots of stuff to explore.

• @cib. New Lost in space series? Where did you find that?

• @Ben said:
    @cib. New Lost in space series? Where did you find that?

It‘s available from today or tomorrow.
    I‘m in germany.

• edited April 2018

@Ben said:
    @cib. New Lost in space series? Where did you find that?

>

Just started watching this, and like all Netflix stuff is is really rather good. The new robot is the best AI critter I’ve seen in a very long time. The perfect blend of backstory, alien technology and sheer - Boston Dynamics style - creepiness.

https://youtu.be/FSih-z7ucxQ