Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3 Import question

Hi,
I’ve imported 60 samples into BM3, and I’m trying to select all of them, and load them to their own audio track - Is this possible? I know I can manually create 60 audio tracks and then drag and drop each file, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to do it all at once? (Maybe I missed something). Thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2018

No its not possible to do it in one, but you dont need 60 audio tracks either.

• Thanks for clarifying. Cheers!

• edited February 2018

@Samplemunch said:
    No its not possible to do it in one, but you dont need 60 audio tracks either.

Yeah, he should go with 64 tracks. I always stick to powers of 2 when possible. ;)

• @Samplemunch said:

Yeah, he should go with 64 tracks. I always stick to power of 2 when possible. ;)

Indeed. The track I’m working on actually only uses about 30 samples, but I just arbitrarily said 60. I probably would only use a dozen mixer channels tho :)

• edited February 2018

You really need each sample to have its own mixer channel ?
    You might want to consider using the sampler and just putting each one on its own pad instead.
    Audio tracks are not very good in Beatmaker, there is no inline editing.

• @Samplemunch said:
    You might want to consider using the sampler and just putting each one on its own pad instead.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t need the samples to have their own mixer channels, but just wondered if there was a super quick way to dump all my samples to the sequencer view :) I think I may use the sampler/pads for similar sounds/drums, but will experiment to see what works best. Regarding audio tracks, since I’m not doing anything fancy, they’re just fine - All I need to do is arrange my samples to a nice song structure/sections. I just made a project with only 12 mixer channels, and the 30 samples loaded - I was surprised it actually didn’t take that long to drag and drop them in...now all I need is the iPhone version update... ;)

• edited February 2018

Drag n drop is ridiculously fast and efficient, even in the key mapper, but the arranger is still very weak in comparison to other DAWs.

• @gdog said:

@Samplemunch said:

Thanks for the reply. I don’t need the samples to have their own mixer channels, but just wondered if there was a super quick way to dump all my samples to the sequencer view :) I think I may use the sampler/pads for similar sounds/drums, but will experiment to see what works best. Regarding audio tracks, since I’m not doing anything fancy, they’re just fine - All I need to do is arrange my samples to a nice song structure/sections. I just made a project with only 12 mixer channels, and the 30 samples loaded - I was surprised it actually didn’t take that long to drag and drop them in...now all I need is the iPhone version update... ;)

Are you trying to drag a folder of sample onto the pads and have them spread out over the pads? If so, I havent been able to do that in BM# but impc pro 2 allows you to do so from certain screen modes

• @Shazamm thanks for the reply. I was just trying to get my samples to the Sequencer/Song view as quick as possible, and haven’t experimented with the pads yet. Thanks for letting me know about impc, I tried the first one ages ago but it wasn’t for me. As stated above, importing samples is quite quick in BM3, so it’s all good, I’m looking forward to the iPhone version tho...Cheers!