Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music theory question: what's going on with Lisbon

Appealing to the collective wisdom of this forum: can anyone explain Lisbon's chord pads? There are eight variations on Major and Minor chords over 7 pads and can be transposed +-24 semitones but they aren't your typical sounding major, major 7th/minor chords. They appear to be following some other very sophisticated type of Progression. I've experimented and analysed these for awhile but I can't predict what kind of chord I'm going to get with these. Can anyone explain or point me in some kind of direction in terms of a music theory concept to get why Korg made this decision? They sound cool, and I like that they capture the notes so that they can be copied to another Gadget but I have no idea what's going on.

Comments

• I would love to know as well. All I know is Major 7 mode I think gets you some nice modern cheese.

• @db909 said:
    I would love to know as well. All I know is Major 7 mode I think gets you some nice modern cheese.

AKA Trap/EDM

• Hey, I'm one of the engineers that worked on Lisbon. The major/minor classification is a bit or a loose categorization. We just sort of rounded up our favorite 7-chord progressions and encoded them for Lisbon to trigger with those pads.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hey, I'm one of the engineers that worked on Lisbon. The major/minor classification is a bit or a loose categorization. We just sort of rounded up our favorite 7-chord progressions and encoded them for Lisbon to trigger with those pads.

Cool. Can you give us a teaser of what you’re working on next for Gadget?

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hey, I'm one of the engineers that worked on Lisbon. The major/minor classification is a bit or a loose categorization. We just sort of rounded up our favorite 7-chord progressions and encoded them for Lisbon to trigger with those pads.

If you ever get a chance, on a future revision, could you bump up all the typesizes please? I can’t read any of it, even with my reading glasses plus a magnifying glass. At the moment I just have to guess what it all says.

Good synth, though – a very adventurous (and additive) direction, cheers for the work put into it.

• edited February 2018

@Beathoven said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Cool. Can you give us a teaser of what you’re working on next for Gadget?

It might be better if I don't - I'm not really sure how much I'm allowed to say ^^;

• @u0421793 said:

@davis_korgrd said:

If you ever get a chance, on a future revision, could you bump up all the typesizes please? I can’t read any of it, even with my reading glasses plus a magnifying glass. At the moment I just have to guess what it all says.

Good synth, though – a very adventurous (and additive) direction, cheers for the work put into it.

Glad you like it! I'll ask the guys who make UI decisions about the font size

• edited February 2018

@davis_korgrd

thanks for your information and I have nothing but respect for your work. Korg Gadget has been my obsession for the last two years (I've got all tho IAPs). Lisbon's chord pads is a big step in the right direction.

I hope that particular feature could be applied to all the gadgets with options customise the chord layout like GarageBand. I've had to get a separate app to input chords into Gadget.

As a hardcore user the other most desperately needed feature in my opinion is having multiple arrangement segments loop. Maybe you could pass that forward as well?

• edited February 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @davis_korgrd

thanks for your information and I have nothing but respect for your work. Korg Gadget has been my obsession for the last two years (I've got all tho IAPs). Lisbon's chord pads is a big step in the right direction.

I hope that particular feature could be applied to all the gadgets with options customise the chord layout like GarageBand. I've had to get a separate app to input chords into Gadget.

As a hardcore user the other most desperately needed feature in my opinion is having multiple arrangement segments loop. Maybe you could pass that forward as well?

Could you describe in a little more detail what you mean by that?

• @davis_korgrd

I'll send a pm so as not to over complicate this thread. ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @davis_korgrd

No, overcomplicate it, overcomplicate it, by all means!

• @davis_korgrd nice to see you on the forum. There’s a lot of love for Korg here.

Now I don’t suppose Korg synths are being updated as AUs are they...?

• @u0421793 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @davis_korgrd

LMAO just the usual shop talk about loops and patterns

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@u0421793 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @davis_korgrd

LMAO just the usual shop talk about loops and patterns

But we love that around here! :)
    I am actually really interested as well. Over complicate, please?

• edited February 2018

Interestingly, the seventh pad using "major 5" is the one you need if you want a middle C major chord with a c root note.

• edited February 2018

@gusgranite said:
    @davis_korgrd nice to see you on the forum. There’s a lot of love for Korg here.

You mean the desktop Gadgets? That's been around.

If you mean AUv3 then...uh...............................
    I'll get back to you on that one

• How do the gadgets internally interconnect with the gadget sequencer? Something like Jack?

• Hi @davis_korgrd

Loving your work!

Gadget is a masterpiece of modern design IMO.

Great to have you on the forum.

• @davis_korgrd said:

@gusgranite said:
    @davis_korgrd nice to see you on the forum. There’s a lot of love for Korg here.

:smile: iM1 AUv3 would go a long way

• @realdavidai said:

@davis_korgrd said:

@gusgranite said:

:smile: iM1 AUv3 would go a long way

Add iWavestation, iMono/Poly, Odyssei, iMS-20 and iPolysix too ;)
    A proper time-line and Files.app support would take Gadget over the top for me...

• Let’s not flood our guest with feature requests, otherwise he might not be so inclined to post here again...

• @davis_korgrd
    Welcome.
    Like others here I love Gadget and made all my stuff with it. But since a while the cpu heat/battery drain problems stop me from using it for longer periods :'(
    I’ve been in contact with ‘Korg App Team’ through korguser.net since April ‘17 about the extreme cpu heat/battery drain.
    The replies I got gave me the impression this problem is hardly acknowledged.

Lisbon is the worst when it comes to this.
    I hope the developers are aware of this issue?

• @richardyot said:
    Let’s not flood our guest with feature requests, otherwise he might not be so inclined to post here again...

Yes. Give the poor boy poor some tea and send down a couple of the more attractive cousins to sit there quietly by his side on the sofa for at least a little while...

• Welcome @davis_korgrd
    So great to have an actual Korg Gadget Developer in these forums. As you can probably tell there are a lot of dedicated Gadget users here. It would be great if you could relay some of the suggestions / wishes to the team at Korg :smile:

There are even several wish lists collected with great ideas:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/10004/korg-gadget-wish-list/p1
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9190/petition-for-korg-re-gadget/p1

I'm not sure if you are even in a position to relay these things, but at least you can see what the most dedicated users long for :wink:

I would personally be happy if the beat/bars/time display from the Mac version made it onto iOS and if you implemented support for the Files app for importing/exporting and storing samples and patches.

I think support for the Files app should be high on the list as it's a system wide feature that Apple clearly sees as the way forward, and it would solve a lot of sample management issues currently plaguing the app.

Anyway, welcome - I hope you do not get overwhelmed with Gadget questions and suggestions :blush:

• @richardyot said:
    Let’s not flood our guest with feature requests, otherwise he might not be so inclined to post here again...

Little chance of that, deaf ears..

• @richardyot said:

Okay so what shall we discuss with said Guest...”how bout them Philadelphia Eagles?”

• @realdavidai said:

@richardyot said:

Okay so what shall we discuss with said Guest...”how bout them Philadelphia Eagles?”

Dunno, I was just suggesting having a conversation without being too demanding. It's up to you :)

• Well I would like to know why Kaossilator pads are absent from gadget. This would still work for mac. I mean people use the mouse to pull off headshots in shooter games, they can play a kaoss pad

• edited February 2018

@Peter321 said:
    Welcome @davis_korgrd
    So great to have an actual Korg Gadget Developer in these forums. As you can probably tell there are a lot of dedicated Gadget users here. It would be great if you could relay some of the suggestions / wishes to the team at Korg :smile:

There are even several wish lists collected with great ideas:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/10004/korg-gadget-wish-list/p1
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/9190/petition-for-korg-re-gadget/p1

I'm not sure if you are even in a position to relay these things, but at least you can see what the most dedicated users long for :wink:

I would personally be happy if the beat/bars/time display from the Mac version made it onto iOS and if you implemented support for the Files app for importing/exporting and storing samples and patches.

I think support for the Files app should be high on the list as it's a system wide feature that Apple clearly sees as the way forward, and it would solve a lot of sample management issues currently plaguing the app.

Anyway, welcome - I hope you do not get overwhelmed with Gadget questions and suggestions

Those threads date back to 2015! A cursory read and most of what was requested has already been implemented.

Files has so many benefits it's a given it will get added but it's been said here Auv3 is not on the agenda

I agree that the more consistent the Mac and iOS version are in terms of UI the better

• Thanks, @davis_korgrd, for your role in creating such a masterpiece of musical creation and engagement! I love KORG Gadget and look forward to its evolution, whatever that holds. For what it's worth, I do think the addition of a KAOSS-style interface (future IAP based on iKaossilator?) would be amazing...and is an odd exclusion given KORG's success with that.