Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing Samplebot 1.1, by me

Here's the result of my recent labours - Samplebot 1.1. Samplebot's a sampler, clip launcher and sequencer app rolled into one. Version 1.1 introduces media management, importing from Files (including iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc), speed and pitch controls, and support for Ableton Link.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/samplebot/id1265824117?mt=8

Comments

• Congrats. Looks good.

And Goodness, thats a great promo song! Who wrote it?

• Thanks! =)

That was me!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

Thanks! Yeah, quite possibly...I know pretty much nothing about music production, somewhat ironically, so I consider it all pretty much a fluke anyway ;-) Will remember that for next time! I should start taking advantage of the mass of knowledge in this community!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Haha well that's good news for my future efforts

• edited February 2018

Interesting!
    How do you play different pitches of the same sample?
    In the video it seems like in the arranger page, you can only set one blob per sample.
    Also, are you going to add Midi Slave/Master Sync like in Loopy HD?

Edit: Love the D.W. video :D

• It's just one pitch per pad - but you can import the same clip to multiple pads and pitch each differently, of course.

Btw, the next version is gonna offer a lot more configurations so you can have heaps of pads, and pages too; I've actually just bought a Launchpad so I can start figuring out the best way to support that and similar grid controllers. Should be fun.

I'll add midi sync if it's requested enough, sure. Will be doing it for Loopy Pro, which is the same codebase anyway.

• Yeah love the tune! Nice work!!

Will you be adding any effects?

Delays, reverbs, etc?

• edited February 2018

Thanks!

I haven't totally decided on that one yet; plan A is to leave that more advanced stuff for Loopy Pro (which is going to have these features as well), so as not to overcomplicate what's meant to be quite a simple and immediate app, though.

• @Michael said:
    It's just one pitch per pad - but you can import the same clip to multiple pads and pitch each differently, of course.

OK, that surely helps to keep the charming simplicity of the app. Each "blob" could have its own pitch like in the old Electrify or Sample Lab or in elektron hardware, but let's discuss that some time later.

Btw, the next version is gonna offer a lot more configurations so you can have heaps of pads, and pages too; I've actually just bought a Launchpad so I can start figuring out the best way to support that and similar grid controllers. Should be fun.

Hardware support is always welcome :smiley:

I'll add midi sync if it's requested enough, sure. Will be doing it for Loopy Pro, which is the same codebase anyway.

Good to hear! Did I mention that hardware support is always welcome? ;)

• @Michael said:
    Thanks! Yeah, quite possibly...I know pretty much nothing about music production, somewhat ironically, so I consider it all pretty much a fluke anyway ;-) Will remember that for next time! I should start taking advantage of the mass of knowledge in this community!

I was expecting Tyson junior amongst the samples!

• Nice update, thank you.

• @supadom said:
    I was expecting Tyson junior amongst the samples!

Maybe the next one :)

• edited February 2018

:D

• Nice update! Many thanks!

• @Michael said:
    It's just one pitch per pad - but you can import the same clip to multiple pads and pitch each differently, of course.

For the pages of pads, are you thinking that those might be controlled by MIDI bindings? Right now, it's still pretty hard to configure different parts of a tune. One way to get around this might be to allow for quick flip to a different page for different samples/sequences.

Have you gotten many requests for choke groups?

• Yeah, that's the idea @lukesleepwalker - as well as nice big buttons on screen. Modelling the concept off the Launchpad interface.

No, no choke requests yet…but I think I'm gonna add it anyway; probably unavoidable

• @Michael said:
    Yeah, that's the idea @lukesleepwalker - as well as nice big buttons on screen. Modelling the concept off the Launchpad interface.

No, no choke requests yet…but I think I'm gonna add it anyway; probably unavoidable

Out of curiousity which model of the launchpad are you using ? Hope my pro gets supported with whatever mapping you do :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Out of curiousity which model of the launchpad are you using ? Hope my pro gets supported with whatever mapping you do :)

I bought a mk2, but I'll definitely be supporting all of them

• @Michael said:

Cool. Like the circuit?

• @Redo1 said:
    Cool. Like the circuit?

I wouldn't know, to be honest =)

• @Michael said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

I bought a mk2, but I'll definitely be supporting all of them

Will it work with pads on the Launchkey?

• @MonzoPro said:

Launchkey is class compliant, right? If so, I can't imagine why not

• @Michael said:

@MonzoPro said:

Launchkey is class compliant, right? If so, I can't imagine why not

Think so - the pads were designed to work with Launchkey, so hopefully they’d pick up Samplebot as well.

• @Michael any chance you'll support real time pitchbending of samples via a hardware controller wheel or something?

• Probably not in the current form, no, @lukesleepwalker; I have been thinking about building a sample-based synth engine which will do this sort of thing, though.

• @Michael said:
    Thanks!

I haven't totally decided on that one yet; plan A is to leave that more advanced stuff for Loopy Pro (which is going to have these features as well), so as not to overcomplicate what's meant to be quite a simple and immediate app, though.

Loopy Pro

It's alive ;)

Pleased to hear. Was beginning to wonder if Samplebot had eaten it's breakfast etc,

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's alive ;)

Pleased to hear. Was beginning to wonder if Samplebot had eaten it's breakfast etc,

Hehe that's a great turn of phrase! Nope, on the contrary: Samplebot is built right off Loopy Pro's developing codebase, so all paths lead to Pro :)