Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quincy Jones Doesn’t Pull Any Punches

14567810»

Comments

• @kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:
    The Beatles probably did suck at playing when they were starting out. Doesn’t everybody? What’s so hard to believe about that, especially considering QJ was comparing their playing to some of the greatest Jazz players ever. Compared to those cats, everybody else will always suck at playing.

quote from John Lennon when asked if Ringo was one of the best drummers in the world ... Lennon replied .. "Ringo isnt even the best drummer in the band " :D

Oh man, what a burn! :D

that is quite a burn hahaha so then who is the best drummer in the Beatles?

Paul was the best @ his instrument, for sure... and his Taxman guitar solo is a blistering 8 bars.. but I got really turned off by a 2015 interview in which Paul lamented that John achieved an undeserved level of status because he was killed.

Bulls***.

A friend and I were texting our top 10 Beatles picks, recently. He sent his, then I sent mine. He replied “All Lennon?”. I didn’t even realize it when I was typing it, but yeah. All Lennon.

• @CracklePot said:

Yoko, obviously. :p

what'cha talkin bout willis!

• DCJDCJ
    edited February 2018

@kobamoto I pretty much agree man. We’re basically on the same page. But I also don’t care about people’s feelings when it comes to unfair discrimination.

• @CracklePot said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:
    The Beatles probably did suck at playing when they were starting out. Doesn’t everybody? What’s so hard to believe about that, especially considering QJ was comparing their playing to some of the greatest Jazz players ever. Compared to those cats, everybody else will always suck at playing.

quote from John Lennon when asked if Ringo was one of the best drummers in the world ... Lennon replied .. "Ringo isnt even the best drummer in the band " :D

Yoko, obviously. :p

The 70’s Yoko records can be pretty great... but I’m pretty sure John was behind 90% of the music.

• @DCJ said:
    @kobamoto I pretty much agree man. We’re basically on the same page. But I also don’t care about people’s feelings when it comes to unfair discrimination.

I know man but what can we do, as long as a person isn't interfering with your education, employment, housing, justice, etc... I just feel like they could of had a brother but chose to have an other, nothing sadder than being their own worst enemy. we might not be able to ever stamp out hatred but we can definitely stamp out the laws that are governed by hatred.

• @Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Paul was the best @ his instrument, for sure... and his Taxman guitar solo is a blistering 8 bars.. but I got really turned off by a 2015 interview in which Paul lamented that John achieved an undeserved level of status because he was killed.

Bulls***.

A friend and I were texting our top 10 Beatles picks, recently. He sent his, then I sent mine. He replied “All Lennon?”. I didn’t even realize it when I was typing it, but yeah. All Lennon.

think I'm gonna listen to the Beatles for the rest of the day, somehow they just hit the spot today

• edited February 2018

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Bulls***.

Any link to that interview?

think I'm gonna listen to the Beatles for the rest of the day, somehow they just hit the spot today

For me it's Lennon/ Mccartney the magicall duo
    As for the Fab Four perfect chemistry for a while which shows that a band can so much more than the loose parts.
    If I'm correct Mccartney was the only one with a successful solo carreer, Lennon and Harrisson a littlebit and Ringo didn't do well in producing successful music.

• @mannix said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Bulls***.

As for the Fab Four perfect chemistry for a while which shows that a band can so much more than the loose parts.
    If I'm correct Mccartney was the only one with a successful solo carreer, Lennon and Harrisson a littlebit and Ringo didn't do well in producing successful music.

By 65, “Lennon / McCartney” was just branding. Whoever sang lead was typically the sole writer.

Ringo had more #1 hits than any of them, in the 70’s. “You’re 16”, “It Don’t Come Easy”, etc. The world loves cheese.

• edited February 2018

@Icepulse said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Maybe, but I was listening back to old Beatles records, recently, (Pre-Rubber Soul), and the rhythm section vs. their contemporaries was night and day. Ringo was thumping hard in a way that put Herman’s Hermits, Hollies, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, et al.... to shame. There’s no other way to put it. The guy’s timing and power really put the early Beatles in a league of their own.

I’ve played the drums for over 25 years, and I admire Ringo’s style. They didn’t call that biopic “Backbeat” for nothing.

As a bass player, I would have loved to play in a band with Ringo. I’ve played with technically brilliant drummers, and it’s been an artistically unrewarding shite experience. I might as well have been playing along to GarageBand Drummer.

However in my last band the drummer was very Ringo-ish, not technically perfect, but he had that all important FEEL. Little fills, variations, and all the time watching and listening to the rest of the band and responding with feeling. Which made me play better, made the whole rhythm section better, made the whole band sound better. That’s what Ringo did for The Beatles. They wouldn’t have been as good as they were with another drummer.

That’s what Ringo did. Listen to what he’s doing, it’s nothing like a shite modern drum loop, it’s PLAYED.

As for McCartney being a better drummer - bollocks was he.

• edited February 2018

@Icepulse said:

@mannix said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Bulls***.

By 65, “Lennon / McCartney” was just branding. Whoever sang lead was typically the sole writer.

Ringo had more #1 hits than any of them, in the 70’s. “You’re 16”, “It Don’t Come Easy”, etc. The world loves cheese.

Just some quick check. Your right about the “Lennon / McCartney” branding. Didn't know that and thanks for the hint.

Looking at Wiki Ringo had only one number 1, and quite a short lived carreer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Starr_discography#Singles

Compare that Paul, total different league
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McCartney_discography#Singles

• What can I do to solve racism? What is the answer? What am I doing wrong?

• @JudgeDredd said:
    What can I do to solve racism? What is the answer? What am I doing wrong?

Well the first thing I would say that you are doing wrong is you are asking the wrong forum. ;)

• @mannix said:

@Icepulse said:

@mannix said:

@kobamoto said:

@Icepulse said:

@kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Bulls***.

Just some quick check. Your right about the “Lennon / McCartney” branding. Didn't know that and thanks for the hint.

Looking at Wiki Ringo had only one number 1, and quite a short lived carreer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Starr_discography#Singles

Compare that Paul, total different league
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_McCartney_discography#Singles

I guess I meant he was the most successful, initially. He had 2 no. 1s In The US; “You’re Sixteen” and “Photograph”. In 73. But earlier on, Paul was delivering his homebrew 1st / 2nd albums, which everyone was scratching their heads over. Let’s face it. He was the most commercial of the lot, in terms of solo material.

• Ringo I mean.

• @enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Please cite. From everything I've read Lennon never said this. People rightly presumed that with his sense of humour John might say such a thing, but no one has yet come up with the interview or article where he in fact says it.

And this pro drummer (forty years at it) says Ringo was an excellent drummer for the songwriting of the band.

• @MarkR said:

@enc said:

@CracklePot said:

Please cite. From everything I've read Lennon never said this. People rightly presumed that with his sense of humour John might say such a thing, but no one has yet come up with the interview or article where he in fact says it.

And this pro drummer (forty years at it) says Ringo was an excellent drummer for the songwriting of the band.

Agreed.

• Still funny. :D

• At first I was all, “Oh no, it’s back” but that was a happy ending to this hot button thread.

• @Jumpercollins Thanks for the share. :+1:

• @CracklePot said:
    At first I was all, “Oh no, it’s back” but that was a happy ending to this hot button thread.

Besides some trolls that tried to make this thread into another political thing (but did not succeed) this was an interesting and very educational thread for me. And ends with a good note :)