Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Track: "Disco Thing"

New Song (House 123 bpm)

The apps used for this song:

Beat Hawk by UVI
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id839563064?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

• piano(played actually) / drums / percussion

Unique from Sugar Bytes
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1213411818?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

• leads (saw/string sounds)

TroubleMaker from Brambos
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1180892130?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4
-303 type bassline

Micrologue
-1 of the pad sounds

All parts recorded into Loopy then put together in Cubasis. The effects used were all either from Cubasis, FAC, or Audio Damage.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/audio-damage-inc/id1248448317
http://fredantoncorvest.com
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubasis-2/id583976519?mt=8

Started last night, finished this am.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• That’s a fun track, really great sounds!

• Nice work, Rustik. Loving that super catchy keyboard riff, and the updated Curtis Mayfield feel in the background.

• edited February 2018

Sounds really good! :)

Nice speedy Job. Respect!

• Nice. Is there like maybe 5-6 min of empty space that needs to be trimmed off the end?

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Nice. Is there like maybe 5-6 min of empty space that needs to be trimmed off the end?

Yes.

Fucking Cubasis.

• @greengrocer said:
    Sounds really good! :)

Nice speedy Job. Respect!

Thank you my friend

• @Zen210507 said:
    Nice work, Rustik. Loving that super catchy keyboard riff, and the updated Curtis Mayfield feel in the background.

Right

It is the house piano off EDM pack on Beat Hawk.

Couple Major Chords basically.

• @TozBourne said:
    That’s a fun track, really great sounds!

Thanks Tsizzzle

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Nice. Is there like maybe 5-6 min of empty space that needs to be trimmed off the end?

Can you edit songs on Soundcloud after you post them?

• Really liked when you introduce the drums!

You should make a video walkthrough :)

• Is that James Gadson talking? Cool track!

• @mrufino1 said:
    Is that James Gadson talking? Cool track!

Earl Young!

• @RUST( i )K Great track, I'll bet you used INCLUDE EFFECTS TRAIL when you rendered it right, this is a strange Cubasis thing, don’t ever use that setting, deselect it and just use MIXDOWN BETWEEN LOCATORS the. Set the left locator at the beginning of the track and then make sure the right locator is set just after all the effects have audibly trailed off

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Really liked when you introduce the drums!

Thanks so much.

That may be a good idea.

Maxima has the kick perfect right!

FAC Chorus used on alot of the string leads I did with Unique

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @RUST( i )K Great track, I'll bet you used INCLUDE EFFECTS TRAIL when you rendered it right, this is a strange Cubasis thing, don’t ever use that setting, deselect it and just use MIXDOWN BETWEEN LOCATORS the. Set the left locator at the beginning of the track and then make sure the right locator is set just after all the effects have audibly trailed off

Yup!

Drives me nuts!

THanks Doug

• @RUST( i )K said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

Thanks so much.

That may be a good idea.

Maxima has the kick perfect right!

FAC Chorus used on alot of the string leads I did with Unique

This is instant motivation for me :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@mrufino1 said:
    Is that James Gadson talking? Cool track!

Earl Young!

Ah, makes sense. I played with him in October, backing up the trampps (playing to a track unfortunately). However, during sound check he wanted to make sure the drummer knew the disco inferno groove correctly so he jumped behind the drums to demonstrate and I got to play it with him without the track. Awesome.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @RUST( i )K Great track, I'll bet you used INCLUDE EFFECTS TRAIL when you rendered it right, this is a strange Cubasis thing, don’t ever use that setting, deselect it and just use MIXDOWN BETWEEN LOCATORS the. Set the left locator at the beginning of the track and then make sure the right locator is set just after all the effects have audibly trailed off

Hot tip. B)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

I actually used both of your apps on this piano solo piece I did with Korg Module.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Unique from Sugar Bytes

I'm so glad you used Unique!

• Awesome track! Great flow in the structure and brilliant use of that dialogue sample.
    Ok, I am gonna be a dick and say that I am not feeling that piano sound. Seems too plain for an element that is driving the song forward throughout, and it sounds kind of cheap and harpsichord-like. I am not well-versed in the House genre, so it might be a typical piano sound for the genre and I wouldn’t know, so I am sorry if this is the case. It is just my humble, honest opinion. I am hearing a fuller, warmer sound, or maybe one that varies subtly and evolves a little over the length of the track, maybe just by changing effects up on different sections.
    I feel shitty for posting this because I think this track is great overall, but am hoping you might appreciate the honesty. If I seem way off-base to you, it is most likely because I am. It is just the opinion of my damaged ears and brain, after all. B)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

I actually used both of your apps on this piano solo piece I did with Korg Module.

Lovely!

• @CracklePot said:
    Awesome track! Great flow in the structure and brilliant use of that dialogue sample.
    Ok, I am gonna be a dick and say that I am not feeling that piano sound. Seems too plain for an element that is driving the song forward throughout, and it sounds kind of cheap and harpsichord-like. I am not well-versed in the House genre, so it might be a typical piano sound for the genre and I wouldn’t know, so I am sorry if this is the case. It is just my humble, honest opinion. I am hearing a fuller, warmer sound, or maybe one that varies subtly and evolves a little over the length of the track, maybe just by changing effects up on different sections.
    I feel shitty for posting this because I think this track is great overall, but am hoping you might appreciate the honesty. If I seem way off-base to you, it is most likely because I am. It is just the opinion of my damaged ears and brain, after all. B)

Bro absolutely.

I originally had used a clav so that would have really sounded bad to you!

The essential house piano sound is based on the M1 Korg type sound. So, I find the UVI BeatHawk piano to have nice timbres that remind me of it. Because I attempting to capture a certain era of house music the use of a cheap sound piano is fairly common actually.

But, I will actually try some different things out tonight.

I played and recorded the midi into BeatHawk so I can just plug some other things in to see how it sounds.

Thanks for your feedback!

https://planetbotch.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-house-piano-sound-explained.html

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Unique from Sugar Bytes

why? LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Unique from Sugar Bytes

why? LOL

It's got personality.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:
    Awesome track! Great flow in the structure and brilliant use of that dialogue sample.

Bro absolutely.

The essential house piano sound is based on the M1 Korg type sound. So, I find the UVI BeatHawk piano to have nice timbres that remind me of it. Because I attempting to capture a certain era of house music the use of a cheap sound piano is fairly common actually.

I played and recorded the midi into BeatHawk so I can just plug some other things in to see how it sounds.

I had a suspicion it had something to do with a genre reference that I am too ignorant to catch. :D

• @CracklePot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

Bro absolutely.

I had a suspicion it had something to do with a genre reference that I am too ignorant to catch. :D

Now know homie!

A good day is one I learn something new!

I appreciate your honesty which is rare in itself

• what treatment on this vocal dude ? lovin it ...

• @enc said:
    what treatment on this vocal dude ? lovin it ...

Shit.

Let me look at my phone.

I think it is the IK Voice App w/ IAP & A Damage Rough Rider(free app) into Audioshare while at red light and pulling in driveway.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.