Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audiobus member's emporium of the finest and most exotic freeware plugins from around the world

Comments

• @Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:
    Really nice phase distortion plugin has gone free, has a much nicer tone to it than a lot of distortion plugs and great shaping abilities. I'm not too keen on the outright distortion, but on the way to it, it sounds sweet, really good saturation. Mac and pc au, vst and vst3, uses fastspring at checkout, so you have to fill in your email and address, no phone number tho thankfully, sometimes the quest for personal info goes too far.

https://creativeintent.co/products/temper

Also worth a look is the free stuff from kilohearts, fx that can be used in a modular way, only get basic building blocks, some of the paid stuff is fantastic, quite powerful and very experimental when you start linking everything together.

https://kilohearts.com/products/snap_heap

Thanks, I’ll check those out.

This is a great freebie for Reaktor users:

https://www.blinksonic.com/2017/11/17/processorzv_2-free-download-for-reaktor-6-owners/

Going to have a play with that later looks fantastic, nks ready to boot, still haven't got into the blocks thing properly.

I use it quite a lot. I load up the edit screen of whatever ensemble I’m in, and then connect it between the outputs. Works really well, and not too heavy on the cpu.

Do you know if you can just pass audio through reaktor blocks and use this fx and other blocks to mangle it?

Few hours later finally got it working as an fx and being able to trigger the fx cells via midi, saw it could be used as a fx in the description. Tried to just load it as an reaktor fx at first on an audio track in logic, worked, but I couldn't get the midi to trigger. Then loaded alchemy used a reaktor midi fx as the sequencer, loaded another reaktor in the fx slot, set it to midi channel two, painted in some notes on channel 2, still no dice. Finally loaded it as an instrument, sidechained the audio into reaktor, then muted the original source, worked, could use midi to trigger the fx. Sounds really good especially the phaser, reminds me of effectix, my weekend has taken a turn towards reaktor, need sleep though.

Reaktor is also a Logic Midi FX now!

Oh yes:) think it was included in the last update or one before, was using the spiral sequencer in the factory library, timing was rock solid, had a timing problem before using the inbuilt arp midi fx, so I felt sweet relief when there was no weird drifting issues. Was a really old reaktor sequencer that used geometry and one that used blocks, but couldn't remember what they were called, about to put my eye patch on and go plundering.

• @mister_rz said:

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:
    Really nice phase distortion plugin has gone free, has a much nicer tone to it than a lot of distortion plugs and great shaping abilities. I'm not too keen on the outright distortion, but on the way to it, it sounds sweet, really good saturation. Mac and pc au, vst and vst3, uses fastspring at checkout, so you have to fill in your email and address, no phone number tho thankfully, sometimes the quest for personal info goes too far.

Also worth a look is the free stuff from kilohearts, fx that can be used in a modular way, only get basic building blocks, some of the paid stuff is fantastic, quite powerful and very experimental when you start linking everything together.

https://www.blinksonic.com/2017/11/17/processorzv_2-free-download-for-reaktor-6-owners/

Going to have a play with that later looks fantastic, nks ready to boot, still haven't got into the blocks thing properly.

I use it quite a lot. I load up the edit screen of whatever ensemble I’m in, and then connect it between the outputs. Works really well, and not too heavy on the cpu.

Do you know if you can just pass audio through reaktor blocks and use this fx and other blocks to mangle it?

Few hours later finally got it working as an fx and being able to trigger the fx cells via midi, saw it could be used as a fx in the description. Tried to just load it as an reaktor fx at first on an audio track in logic, worked, but I couldn't get the midi to trigger. Then loaded alchemy used a reaktor midi fx as the sequencer, loaded another reaktor in the fx slot, set it to midi channel two, painted in some notes on channel 2, still no dice. Finally loaded it as an instrument, sidechained the audio into reaktor, then muted the original source, worked, could use midi to trigger the fx. Sounds really good especially the phaser, reminds me of effectix, my weekend has taken a turn towards reaktor, need sleep though.

Oh yes:) think it was included in the last update or one before, was using the spiral sequencer in the factory library, timing was rock solid, had a timing problem before using the inbuilt arp midi fx, so I felt sweet relief when there was no weird drifting issues. Was a really old reaktor sequencer that used geometry and one that used blocks, but couldn't remember what they were called, about to put my eye patch on and go plundering.

I had a quick muck about with the other paid Blinksonics around a mates earlier, amazing things.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Sorry, went to bed so missed your question.

I’m still learning how to use Reaktor, but it’s very flexible. I load existing synth ensembles, and then drag in various blocks or fx ensembles to customise them (very hit and miss). This fx though always works well, and I just have to drop it in front of the output.

Have you got the Maschine DAW? I’ll try and test it out as a plug-in in that today. Probably a lot easier than fiddling around in the Reaktor editor.

I've got maschine, altho I've boxed my controller back up so the work flow is at a more pedestrian pace, saw a screen grab with the fx in maschine, so hopefully, but in the discription they mention using it as an au or vst, I just had the ensembles though in the download, maybe I'm missing something.

Strangely I'm just using reaktor as an fx still, not loaded any synths for a while, I'm in a phase where I'm mainly using fx to create my sounds and using anything as a source, made a trumpet violin sound out of female blues singers using pitch shifting and molekular, but I'm going to get into blocks and use this first in the chain, to see if the audio in thing works.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

I had a quick muck about with the other paid Blinksonics around a mates earlier, amazing things.

They do look really good I've bookmarked the page and will probably wait for a sale, thanks for the heads up on these, twisted tools have some great experimental stuff for reaktor, think they did polyplex. I just want a keyboard now that's a cross between the new n.i ones and a roli.

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

I’m still learning how to use Reaktor, but it’s very flexible. I load existing synth ensembles, and then drag in various blocks or fx ensembles to customise them (very hit and miss). This fx though always works well, and I just have to drop it in front of the output.

Have you got the Maschine DAW? I’ll try and test it out as a plug-in in that today. Probably a lot easier than fiddling around in the Reaktor editor.

I've got maschine, altho I've boxed my controller back up so the work flow is at a more pedestrian pace, saw a screen grab with the fx in maschine, so hopefully, but in the discription they mention using it as an au or vst, I just had the ensembles though in the download, maybe I'm missing something.

Strangely I'm just using reaktor as an fx still, not loaded any synths for a while, I'm in a phase where I'm mainly using fx to create my sounds and using anything as a source, made a trumpet violin sound out of female blues singers using pitch shifting and molekular, but I'm going to get into blocks and use this first in the chain, to see if the audio in thing works.

Sounds cool, I’d like to do that more. There’s some good free sampler ensembles available, so I tend to process audio files that way. I’m going to test the Reaktor fx in Maschine shortly.

Have you got Molekular? I’d love that one.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Sounds cool, I’d like to do that more. There’s some good free sampler ensembles available, so I tend to process audio files that way. I’m going to test the Reaktor fx in Maschine shortly.

It's excellent but hammers the cpu, can probably do two instances with all the four fx blocks before my mbp keels over, I've just rediscovered how great alchemy is as a sampler, pretty mind blowing, especially the granular engine, does auto key detection and maps it to the notes. Looking forward to more reaktor truffles from ya.

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

They do look really good I've bookmarked the page and will probably wait for a sale, thanks for the heads up on these, twisted tools have some great experimental stuff for reaktor, think they did polyplex. I just want a keyboard now that's a cross between the new n.i ones and a roli.

Did you see there’s been a big price drop for the smaller NI Kontrol? Wish they’d done that two months ago, I’d have bought that instead of the Launchkey.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@Cib said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Did you see there’s been a big price drop for the smaller NI Kontrol? Wish they’d done that two months ago, I’d have bought that instead of the Launchkey.

If it had 37 keys the screen and being able to map sliding up, down and side to side, it would be the perfect keyboard for me, I love 37 keys as it's a good trade off between portability and playability.

• edited February 2018

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

It's excellent but hammers the cpu, can probably do two instances with all the four fx blocks before my mbp keels over, I've just rediscovered how great alchemy is as a sampler, pretty mind blowing, especially the granular engine, does auto key detection and maps it to the notes. Looking forward to more reaktor truffles from ya.

Ah right, that's a consideration for me too on this old PC.

Just made a track in Maschine, and added the Blinksonic FX as a plugin (you can add it to single sounds, or groups). Worked perfectly, didn't hammer my CPU either.

Think I'm going to have to buy one of their paid things, just as a thank you for that one.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Just made a track in Maschine, and added the Blinksonic FX as a plugin (you can add it to single sounds, or groups). Worked perfectly, didn't hammer my CPU either.

Think I'm going to have to buy one of their paid things, just as a thank you for that one.

Got my eye on voz, like the range of sounds I was hearing in the vid, reminded me of dream voices library on alchemy in places. Loaded up maschine with the intention of experimenting with it some more, got side tracked by the effects in the reaktor library, never use them, found some great stuff just going through the presets.

Going to spend a few hours tomorrow organising reaktor ensembles, starring kits, presets and stuff in maschine, as it's an unwieldy mess at the mo, keep forgetting about interesting things that I already have, might start having to take notes again.

• edited February 2018

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Got my eye on voz, like the range of sounds I was hearing in the vid, reminded me of dream voices library on alchemy in places. Loaded up maschine with the intention of experimenting with it some more, got side tracked by the effects in the reaktor library, never use them, found some great stuff just going through the presets.

Going to spend a few hours tomorrow organising reaktor ensembles, starring kits, presets and stuff in maschine, as it's an unwieldy mess at the mo, keep forgetting about interesting things that I already have, might start having to take notes again.

Be interested how you get on with that, if you buy it, I've been eyeing up the cheaper ones.

Not sure if you've seen them, but Nick Dwyer has added/reuploaded some really good ensembles (Atmos+, 256, Drumbox, Dropsynth) to the user library: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/ and there are more available on his website: https://flintpope.net/reaktor/

I've only had a quick play with them, but some of them aren't a million miles away from the Blinksonic stuff, particularly if you dropped in the BS free Prosessorz FX. I'm looking forward to experimenting with these over the weekend.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Be interested how you get on with that, if you buy it, I've been eyeing up the cheaper ones.

Not sure if you've seen them, but Nick Dwyer has added/reuploaded some really good ensembles (Atmos+, 256, Drumbox, Dropsynth) to the user library: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/ and there are more available on his website: https://flintpope.net/reaktor/

I've only had a quick play with them, but some of them aren't a million miles away from the Blinksonic stuff, particularly if you dropped in the BS free Prosessorz FX. I'm looking forward to experimenting with these over the weekend.

Cheers monzo, I love the flintpope stuff, nice and experimental, I'm holding back on a controller keyboard for now until the next gen drops as I've got my remote sl37 still, but I love the extra control of roli keyboards and the screens and light guides on the ni stuff, whatever I get has to last about ten years +.

• Just a heads up for mixbus users, harrison is giving away xt eq today so check your emails.

• One other things is audio plugin deals is giving everyone signed up with them $20 for their wallet today only, if you don't have an account sign up today to get the cash, they do deals mainly on kontakt and other sound libraries.

https://audioplugin.deals

• @mister_rz said:
    Just a heads up for mixbus users, harrison is giving away xt eq today so check your emails.

Yes, I got it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to use it yet, I'm finishing mixing a live album and the eq'ing is done, but next project I can't wait to try it.

• @mrufino1 said:

@mister_rz said:
    Just a heads up for mixbus users, harrison is giving away xt eq today so check your emails.

Yes, I got it yesterday, but haven't had a chance to use it yet, I'm finishing mixing a live album and the eq'ing is done, but next project I can't wait to try it.

I didn't have any of their plugs till this offer, mainly because of lack of au/vst, but I like what they're doing as it's different from most other stuff I'm seeing, especially the eq's and drawing in the curves, mixbus tho is fantastic for mixing and getting stuff dialled in quickly.

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

Cheers monzo, I love the flintpope stuff, nice and experimental, I'm holding back on a controller keyboard for now until the next gen drops as I've got my remote sl37 still, but I love the extra control of roli keyboards and the screens and light guides on the ni stuff, whatever I get has to last about ten years +.

I used to think that, but I’ve reached an age where my controllers are likely to last longer than I am. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Had a muck about with those ensembles earlier, and slotted in the Blinksonic fx. Sounded good and weird. I’m going to try adding a sequencer block next, see if I can get that to work.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

I used to think that, but I’ve reached an age where my controllers are likely to last longer than I am. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Had a muck about with those ensembles earlier, and slotted in the Blinksonic fx. Sounded good and weird. I’m going to try adding a sequencer block next, see if I can get that to work.

There are some interesting old sequencers that could be loaded into the midi fx slot on a reaktor instrument channel, if your using logic, not sure how to use midi fx in other daws, some of them don't have a blocks version yet, but maybe in the future. This one looks very interesting.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10649/

• @mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mister_rz said:

There are some interesting old sequencers that could be loaded into the midi fx slot on a reaktor instrument channel, if your using logic, not sure how to use midi fx in other daws, some of them don't have a blocks version yet, but maybe in the future. This one looks very interesting.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/10649/

That looks good thanks, I’ll try that. My attempts at integrating a sequencer block in the Reaktor edit panel didn’t work, I’ll give this one a shot in Maschine.

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not free, but pretty darn close. $1 for Air Music Technology's Hybrid 3 Synth. This one has a huge amount (1200+) presets. Not sure how long the sale will last. It regularly cost between $100-$150.
    https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/1545-Hybrid-3

• @Philh0954 said:
    Not free, but pretty darn close. $1 for Air Music Technology's Hybrid 3 Synth. This one has a huge amount (1200+) presets. Not sure how long the sale will last. It regularly cost between $100-$150.

That's been $1 for quite a while. I bought it at Christmas but really haven't had a chance to play it yet, I'll get to it at some point.

• Computer music magazine is giving away the ik multimedia black 76 this month.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Philh0954 said:
    Not free, but pretty darn close. $1 for Air Music Technology's Hybrid 3 Synth. This one has a huge amount (1200+) presets. Not sure how long the sale will last. It regularly cost between $100-$150.

That's been $1 for quite a while. I bought it at Christmas but really haven't had a chance to play it yet, I'll get to it at some point.

Well, I guess you were right, it's not $1 anymore!

• @mrufino1 said:

@Philh0954 said:

I had a pretty good go with it a couple days ago. There are a lot of good presets in this synth and it’s not to hard to layer and tweak them into some really massive sounds. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you try it out.

• @Philh0954 said:

@mrufino1 said:

@Philh0954 said:

I had a pretty good go with it a couple days ago. There are a lot of good presets in this synth and it’s not to hard to layer and tweak them into some really massive sounds. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you try it out.

Yes, I heard clips of it while I was driving and its cool. I got vacuum pro at the same time so I've spent a little more time with that one. But I've been in the middle of a few mixing projects so not much time to use synths right this moment. I look forward to it though

• Absolute gem of an offer, overload is giving away their new eq from the gem series for free for a limited time, 1000 codes a day until march 18th, $139 after, you need an overloud account, which you can sign up for, this is well worth checking out.

https://overloud.com/products/eq550

• @mister_rz

Great find however it’s a pain to download then authorise I tried in standalone mode. Currently telling me I have no internet connection even though WiFi connected and I’ve tried with no firewall and anti virus turned off. Did you have problems with authorise the VST?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @mister_rz

Great find however it’s a pain to download then authorise I tried in standalone mode. Currently telling me I have no internet connection even though WiFi connected and I’ve tried with no firewall and anti virus turned off. Did you have problems with authorise the VST?

I'm getting the same problem, hopefully they'll sort it out in the next few days, servers might be getting slammed as it took awhile to load their webpage, unless it's software related.