Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton 10 question

edited February 2018 in Other

The beta is supposed to expire on 6th February, not long now:( I pre-ordered for the discount but won't have enough funds. I heard something about 14 days grace period after 6th Feb to find the cash.

I have quite a few projects going in v10 beta and now wondering if this 14 day thing is true? If yes then will I still have access to v10 during this time ? I used the 30 day demo before and this would also give me more time, just wondering if v10 will have a similar demo period at release? Also will it be an option for those that have previously had a 30 day test drive on an older version?

I'm thinking/hoping @Tarekith might know the answer to these questions :)

Comments

• https://ableton.centercode.com/project/forum/thread.html?cap=f2a8af8874d748189b70ab7c0c1a5878&forid={EC5FD7A6-8D1D-4FE9-BB22-F939A44E30C6}&topid={60DCA4B8-F57A-4063-9153-4ED079BEEEAF}

The 14 day grace period is news to me, I wouldn’t count on it.

• in the FAQs (Germany here) it's said that you have 14 days to pay, after that time the discount will be gone

• edited February 2018

I found a workaround on the beta forum, thanks @Tarekith for pointing me in the right direction!

"If you are working on an offline machine or prevent auto-updates in any way, all Live 10.0.1bx versions will expire and stop working on 28th of February."

@cabo Thanks for your post, it's not clear if you can use 10 during those 14 days and I have a few projects that I would like to continue working on.

I rarely use my desktop for internet so temporarily pulling the plug won't be a big deal!

• Just found out that the new Wavetable synth and echo effect you only get with Ableton Live Suite 10 version not Standard. I think Ableton have been mis selling here when they advertised the 20 percent discount last year with free upgrade to 10. I was under the assumption that these would be free. Probably would not of bother upgrading from lite if I known. Yes I know read the small print. Just feel that the promotion of Live 10 this wasn’t mentioned.

• edited February 2018

@Jumpercollins I'm sure if you contact support and politely tell them you didn't know about this they would offer you the cheaper discount that was available yesterday. Have often heard of Ableton support being understanding in these situation.

I really hope that wavetables mod matrix approach will be adopted in many future synths and effects!

• Agreed, the implementation of the mod matrix is brilliant.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @Jumpercollins I'm sure if you contact support and politely tell them you didn't know about this they would offer you the cheaper discount that was available yesterday. Have often heard of Ableton support being understanding in these situation.

I really hope that wavetables mod matrix approach will be adopted in many future synths and effects!

what cheaper discount?

• @kobamoto said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

what cheaper discount?

20% off until release date February 6th

• oh ok, thought you were talking about an even better discount

• Tarekith or anyone who might know , is max truly integrated with live 10 or not, I have been reading some contrasting views on this?

• @kobamoto said:
    Tarekith or anyone who might know , is max truly integrated with live 10 or not, I have been reading some contrasting views on this?

It’s much more integrated. My understanding is that it’s not actually native but it FEELS like the devices are native, as when you load a Max device there’s no separate loading of the Max software anymore. Everything feels much snappier.

• It’s built into the Live installer now, it’s not a separate installation anymore. This means that when you load Max devices now, they load just like Ableton devices and you don’t have to wait for Max to launch. When you want to EDIT M4L devices though, then Max will launch.

The version of Max built into Live is a version of Max8 not out separately yet either, just FYI.

• great, thanks Michael and T, it's going to be a Live 10 weekend :)

• I am pretty discouraged that as a user of Live since version 4, it’s going to cost me nearly 60,000 yen to upgrade to Live 10 Suite. Can’t see any point in upgrading to the regular version if none of the new synths, etc are included in that version. Hope Live 9 continues to play nice with iOS for years to come.

• edited February 2018

Don't know if you all have seen this, but ADSR Sounds is offering a free 3 hour course on Ableton Live 10:

https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/courses/whats-new-in-ableton-live-10/

• @echoopera said:
    Don't know if you all have seen this, but ADSR Sounds is offering a free 3 hour course on Ableton Live 10:

yeah, just downloading, nice one

• @Tarekith said:
    It’s built into the Live installer now, it’s not a separate installation anymore. This means that when you load Max devices now, they load just like Ableton devices and you don’t have to wait for Max to launch. When you want to EDIT M4L devices though, then Max will launch.

The version of Max built into Live is a version of Max8 not out separately yet either, just FYI.

Is there a way to configure max devices like you can with plugins? Ie: map parameters to control with push and save as default?

• Yep, just rack the device, map your controls to the macros, and then save the rack. I'm not sure if all the controls in a max device are available for mapping, but it was working with convo pro when I tried it just now.

• @DYMS said:
    I am pretty discouraged that as a user of Live since version 4, it’s going to cost me nearly 60,000 yen to upgrade to Live 10 Suite. Can’t see any point in upgrading to the regular version if none of the new synths, etc are included in that version. Hope Live 9 continues to play nice with iOS for years to come.

What version are you upgrading from? Intro or Standard?

• so what do you guys think of the latest Bitwig release?

• @robertreynolds said:

@DYMS said:
    I am pretty discouraged that as a user of Live since version 4, it’s going to cost me nearly 60,000 yen to upgrade to Live 10 Suite. Can’t see any point in upgrading to the regular version if none of the new synths, etc are included in that version. Hope Live 9 continues to play nice with iOS for years to come.

What version are you upgrading from? Intro or Standard?

I currently have version 9 standard. Even that upgrade to version 10 standard is nearly ¥30,000. Just can't keep up :(

• I was initially resistant to spend $275 CAD for the Suite 9 - Suite 10 upgrade but I am absolutely in love with the update. I’ll admit that Wavetable and the chord step sequencer for Push 1 are the main draw for me, but the workflow features and sound packs that come with every version are quite nice. Overlaying multiple clips is a minor feature with major impact, as are the refined automation display and MIDI capture functions.

Keep in mind that you’re not just paying for the features available today — you’re paying for all the point updates as well. Live 8 and 9 were each supported for nearly five years, during which time we saw some truly major updates. There were more differences between Live 9.0 and 9.7 than there are between Live 9.7 and 10.0, so if history holds, buying the new version will pay off even if the launch features don’t wow you.

• @jrjulius If you're using push 1, add your most used devices/vst instruments/drum racks etc to the favourites folder.

Now hit "Browse" on push and the favourites is the first thing that pops up. Huge timesaver on Push 1, especially if you also use the 7 new colour based folders. I have them setup as instruments, effects, drums, max for live, midi effects but you can design your own system quickly and easily.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @jrjulius If you're using push 1, add your most used devices/vst instruments/drum racks etc to the favourites folder.

Now hit "Browse" on push and the favourites is the first thing that pops up. Huge timesaver on Push 1, especially if you also use the 7 new colour based folders. I have them setup as instruments, effects, drums, max for live, midi effects but you can design your own system quickly and easily.

I love it. I love love love it. Oh my god, no more scrolling past all the effects and Pluggo / M4L Essentials devices that I never use!

• It's one of my favourite of the "minor" improvements. The fact that Push now remembers the scale, repeat, accent settings etc on each track is another nice touch.

I'm noticing Push 2 used prices are dropping while Push 1 price seems to be climbing slowly from the ridiculously low price it hit when the 2 arrived. Hopefully I can crossgrade for not much money in the future!

• @kobamoto said:
    so what do you guys think of the latest Bitwig release?

I prefer the Bitwig model at present compared to Ableton. The workflow is better I find it more stable than Live. Love the new Phase 4 synth and other improvements.

• @jrjulius said:
    Overlaying multiple clips is a minor feature with major impact, as are the refined automation display and MIDI capture functions.

could you explain this overlaying feature?

• @kobamoto said:

@jrjulius said:
    Overlaying multiple clips is a minor feature with major impact, as are the refined automation display and MIDI capture functions.

could you explain this overlaying feature?

• oh ok, i knew about the multi clip editing I thought it might be possible to play layer clips like remixlive now, which would have been great but... L10 still looks great :)

• Shame you cant upgrade Into. You have to buy it again. Confirmed