PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

1* Ipad Pro 10,5 vs. 2* Ipad 2017 9,7

124»

Comments

  • finally got an offer for an IpadPro - 12,9 128 GB 1st Generation ... at a very reasonable price ... very reasonable ... and in a good used condition ...

    so - any thoughts / experiences with this model somebody out there?

    which IOS version is best for this model?

  • The 2015 iPad Pro is still a monster. Obviously not as powerful as the 2017 model but will definitely get the job done. If the price is better than the cheapest 256gb 10.5 model you can find, I say go for it

  • @YZJustDatGuy said:
    The 2015 iPad Pro is still a monster. Obviously not as powerful as the 2017 model but will definitely get the job done. If the price is better than the cheapest 256gb 10.5 model you can find, I say go for it

    it´s almost half the price ...

    but - the backside has a "dint" - but functionality is given 100% and the display is almost flawless ...

    so - anybody has experiences with dints on the backside of Ipads - are there any longterm problems which can be caused?

  • @Bon_Tempi said:

    @YZJustDatGuy said:
    The 2015 iPad Pro is still a monster. Obviously not as powerful as the 2017 model but will definitely get the job done. If the price is better than the cheapest 256gb 10.5 model you can find, I say go for it

    it´s almost half the price ...

    but - the backside has a "dint" - but functionality is given 100% and the display is almost flawless ...

    so - anybody has experiences with dints on the backside of Ipads - are there any longterm problems which can be caused?

    I can’t imagine it would cause any problems. Usually issue arise from the screen being cracked and exposure to moisture. Got a pick of the dent?

  • edited February 2018

    @Bon_Tempi said:

    @YZJustDatGuy said:
    The 2015 iPad Pro is still a monster. Obviously not as powerful as the 2017 model but will definitely get the job done. If the price is better than the cheapest 256gb 10.5 model you can find, I say go for it

    it´s almost half the price ...

    but - the backside has a "dint" - but functionality is given 100% and the display is almost flawless ...

    so - anybody has experiences with dints on the backside of Ipads - are there any longterm problems which can be caused?

    Eek! I would avoid a dent. Even if it functions, whatever caused that dent may have done micro damage that could worsen over time. jusy my .02$

  • @YZJustDatGuy said:

    I can’t imagine it would cause any problems. Usually issue arise from the screen being cracked and exposure to moisture. Got a pick of the dent?

    yes, here is a pic - I know it looks quite rough - but the front/display is smooth and flawless ...

    so I am really not sure how to decide ...

  • Woof... looks rough. I would not touch it.

  • @AudioGus said:
    Woof... looks rough. I would not touch it.

    ok - thanks for your opinion - and also - thanks again for your lovely stresstest which you have made - it was very informative for me - and the following discussion about latency and link and aum cleared many things for me

    but as you see - I am still a bit confussed which way I should go )

  • @Bon_Tempi said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Woof... looks rough. I would not touch it.

    ok - thanks for your opinion - and also - thanks again for your lovely stresstest which you have made - it was very informative for me - and the following discussion about latency and link and aum cleared many things for me

    but as you see - I am still a bit confussed which way I should go )

    Happy to have helped...

    sorry to be a Debbie Downer on the iPad... in my mind I just see a montage of drops and bumps and scrapes and who knows what. i always clad my devices in pretty hardcore cases. i can't even hold one without a case and not get sweaty palms and heart palpitations. it still seems impossible to me that a computer can be this thin, heh

  • @Bon_Tempi said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Woof... looks rough. I would not touch it.

    ok - thanks for your opinion - and also - thanks again for your lovely stresstest which you have made - it was very informative for me - and the following discussion about latency and link and aum cleared many things for me

    but as you see - I am still a bit confussed which way I should go )

    My policy is, unless it’s a rare hard-to-find piece of gear, I shy away from items that look like the owner didn’t care about it, even if the price is really tempting. You never know what REALLY may have happened to it.

  • Yeah, that looks pretty bad. I'd be more worried that the battery was damaged myself, that could lead to some fire!

  • The issue with ipads with dents apart from the risk of damage to the internals is that the resale value might suffer.

    .... But I guess if the price is right....

  • ok - thanks - can check it out later today - and will see how it looks/feels in reality ...

    btw - the guys in an Ipad-Repair-Store said - either there is immediate damage by a dent - or otherwise - if functionallity is given 100% right now - it should be fine ,..

  • @AudioGus said:
    sorry to be a Debbie Downer on the iPad... in my mind I just see a montage of drops and bumps and scrapes and who knows what. i always clad my devices in pretty hardcore cases. i can't even hold one without a case and not get sweaty palms and heart palpitations. it still seems impossible to me that a computer can be this thin, heh

    just to let you know: the dent was not a problem at all - I would have bought the pad with it - since the dent and scratches were quite minimal in reality (it appeared much worser on the photograph) -

    but the Ipad was also bent (which the owner hasn´t noticed before and even I just recognized after a while) - but there was a gap of about 4-5 mm in the center of the ipad - when it was layed down flat with the display facing the table ...

    so - no - I haven´t bought it ... although the IPad itself was very tempting ... )

    but now the big size 12,9 is in my mind - and I noticed that there are also reasonable prices for 1st Gen Pros 12,9 without any dents or benting ...

    does anybody has experience with a 12,9 1st Gen and either a 10,5 or 12,9 2 Gen?

    beacause on paper - there is this huge gap in the benchmark tests between 1st and 2nd Gen - does this translate into real world performance while working with music apps - or is all this CPU-Power eaten up by the 120Hz display rate?

  • @AudioGus said:

    @Bon_Tempi said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Woof... looks rough. I would not touch it.

    ok - thanks for your opinion - and also - thanks again for your lovely stresstest which you have made - it was very informative for me - and the following discussion about latency and link and aum cleared many things for me

    but as you see - I am still a bit confussed which way I should go )

    Happy to have helped...

    sorry to be a Debbie Downer on the iPad... in my mind I just see a montage of drops and bumps and scrapes and who knows what. i always clad my devices in pretty hardcore cases. i can't even hold one without a case and not get sweaty palms and heart palpitations. it still seems impossible to me that a computer can be this thin, heh

    What kind cases?

  • @AudioGus said.

    Hmmmm, I will think about AB but if we want multitrack recording it may be best to host things elsewhere rather than do lots of audio piping...

    and getting recorded to cubasis at single tracks ...

    AB piping into Cubasis for recording? Hmmmm, I will think about this one... it really may be best to just use AUM for both hosting and recording as Cubasis does not have Link and the more we pipe audio around etc the more potential points of failure we introduce as well. Plus if two ipads are individually recording their own sound internally than Link is pretty much required. (The masochist in me wants to try two BM3s for this... maybe after.)

    Anyway I will try and give this a whirl on Saturday or Sunday... and consider Cubasis and IAA sync... but have a feeling two AUMs recording on two separate iPads will be the winning formula, then just dropping it all in Cubasis after the fact. Who knows maybe AUM and my 2017 ipad can handle this all by itself...? the latency on the midi keyboard etc likely requires the second iPad though and for me to use two Roland Duo Captures for audio/midi interfaces.

    (Hmmmm, strokes chin, approaches chalk board)

    Dear audioGus -

    I am sitting in front of Audioshare and AUM right now - but I just get it managed to record a multiple apps into a single track ... is there also a way to record each track inndividually by sending each single mixing track of AUM to audioshare?

    anybody else having expertise on this?

  • edited February 2018

    aum itself will record the multi tracks.. just enable record for each channel.
    audioshare only does one stereo track ,, but with chaining of effects if you want.
    you'll find the seperate recordings in the Aum folder in audioshare named according to how you named and saved the aum project.

  • @RockySmalls said:
    aum itself will record the multi tracks.. just enable record for each channel.
    audioshare only does one stereo track ,, but with chaining of effects if you want.
    you'll find the seperate recordings in the Aum folder in audioshare named according to how you named and saved the aum project.

    great - thanks - found it )

  • My Air 2 died recently and i‘m very interested in the 10.5 pro now but couldn‘t believe what i‘ve read here about the performance (page 1) compared to Air 2.On paper more than double the power of air 2 but in“reality“ only about 25%?Really? Any other inpressions or did they improve the performance with ios updates the last months?The bigger (but not TOO big) screen and the 4GB ram is very tempting as well...

Sign In or Register to comment.