Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quincy Jones Doesn’t Pull Any Punches

Comments

• Seriously folks, incredible read. Lost the afternoon to reading the interviewers other interviews.

• Good post. I was hooked after this:

QJ: Big Pharma making OxyContin and all that shit is a serious thing. I was around the White House for eight years with the Clintons, and I’d learn about how much influence Big Pharma has. It’s no joke. What’s your sign, man?

Interviewer: Pisces.
    QJ: Me too. It’s a great sign.

....no follow-up, just randomly asking his sign

• Dude knows what’s up. B)

• Brilliant. Cheers for posting.

• Wow, I'm 6 questions in, best thing I've read in years.

• edited February 2018

Wild Turkey is a helluva drug....

• amazing amazing amazing. No ID recently brought up that four bar loop quote and said it was his main drive behind 4:44. Can’t lie, it’s stuck with me as well.

• So this is where this link came from! Quincy Jones recommended reading... wow! http://www.lapetitedistribution.org/archive/Nicolas_Slonimsky.pdf

• Great inerview, thanks.

• Wow. Thank you for the share.

• edited February 2018

My favorite quote:

Marlon Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming motherfucker you ever met. He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.

He slept with them? How do you know that?

[Frowns.] Come on, man. He did not give a fuck! You like Brazilian music?

Also read the Q interview at GQ. Just as amazing.

• edited February 2018

Dated ivanka? That ain't right

Ok but something tells me this guy is not listening to too much outside of the mainstream shit. That's where he lives. I don't like his examples of good artists considering what else is out there. So grain of salt I say.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My favorite quote:

Marlon Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us. He could dance his ass off. He was the most charming motherfucker you ever met. He’d fuck anything. Anything! He’d fuck a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.

I’m still trying to figure this one out.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That was just glorious.

• @Max23 said:

@DCJ said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My favorite quote:

Who doesn't drool over Marlon Brando? :D

Captain Willard is not impressed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @DCJ said:
    amazing amazing amazing. No ID recently brought up that four bar loop quote and said it was his main drive behind 4:44. Can’t lie, it’s stuck with me as well.

I found it odd that he lamented rap having "the same phrase over and over and over again," yet when asked who's doing good work, he cites rappers and Ed Sheeran (who famously uses a loop pedal).

I only skimmed the GQ article, but WOW, some hardcore stuff about drug use and sticking needles in private places.

• edited February 2018

Really good to read someone of his stature not afraid to tell it like it is, warts and all. There has always been a ton of bullshit around Michael Jackson, especially concerning what he actually wrote.

On other subjects, he’s not so clever. I mean, great producer, much respect for that, but he’s almost 85, has a planet sized ego, and cannot see any other way aside from what he knows. Just as, before the age of blues leading to rock, etc, exponents and fans of classical music looked down on what was coming up, and derided it.

As a more humourous aside, I recall a story of Jones going on holiday, after spending months mixing Bad, then returning to find MJ had decided to mess around with everything, like he knew what he was doing.

Jones “I’m gonna get that boy, and lock him in his hyperbaric chamber for good.” ;)

• I haven’t read this one, but read another in the Guardian yesterday where he said about The Beatles:

“They were the worst musicians in the world,” he told interviewer David Marchese. “They were no-playing motherfuckers. Paul [McCartney] was the worst bass player I ever heard.”

Obviously they’re not up to session musician standards, but really, what a stupid statement that is.

• edited February 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    I haven’t read this one, but read another in the Guardian yesterday where he said about The Beatles:

“They were the worst musicians in the world,” he told interviewer David Marchese. “They were no-playing motherfuckers. Paul [McCartney] was the worst bass player I ever heard.”

Obviously they’re not up to session musician standards, but really, what a stupid statement that is.

>

Yeah, he repeats that in the article. Made me think, okay how many great songs did the Beatles write, together and as individuals, how many number ones in how many countries, what is their influence on the world.

Compare that to what QJ has been responsible for, however great, and the winner is...

• Haven't read it yet, but the examples of him changing subject randomly and the crazy stories makes me wonder if he's actually suffering from early dementia?

• @Peter321 said:
    Haven't read it yet, but the examples of him changing subject randomly and the crazy stories makes me wonder if he's actually suffering from early dementia?

>

Nah, seems more like his idea of how to throw the interviewer off guard, along with the stuff about not talking in public. I mean, everyone has a JFK theory, and the auhorities don’t care how much it is discussed.

• @Peter321 said:
    Haven't read it yet, but the examples of him changing subject randomly and the crazy stories makes me wonder if he's actually suffering from early dementia?

He remembers a lot of details from the past for someone suffering early dementia.

• edited February 2018

@Peter321 said:

I thought maybe he was high. Or just bullshitting a bit for fun

• @CracklePot said:

@Max23 said:

@DCJ said:

My favorite quote:

Who doesn't drool over Marlon Brando? :D

Captain Willard is not impressed.

Captain Willard, errand boy, is very impressed.

• @Proto said:

@Peter321 said:

He remembers a lot of details from the past for someone suffering early dementia.

That would be typical, working memory is affected first, long term memory is often still present (and often becomes the present for the person at times).

Also, he's 85 and has had several brain aneurysms, so that may be affecting things.

• edited February 2018

@mrufino1 said:
    Also, he's 85 and has had several brain aneurysms, so that may be affecting things.

>

Such as his perception of The Beatles?