Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a Time Stretch - Slicer Plugin (VST/AAX/AU)?

Hi everyone, I checked some posts but i didn't find what I am looking for.

Today I am recording guitar arpeggios and unfortunately my guitar skills seem to have gone on vacations.. I work on pro tools 12 and so instead of slicing and time stretching, moving manually each chord.. I would love to find a plugin that would automatically easily calculate/analyse the audio on a track, slice it, move it and time stretch it to fit the grid and tempo. I know it sounds lame but who knows, since almost everything is manageable nowadays, I would be curious to know if such a tool exists as a plugin.

My guitar sound and playing are not that bad but the latency when I record and my lack of practice on the tempo make it a pain to beat match everything quickly on the grid.

Ableton Live does a great job to import audio and stretch it automatically.. I am looking for something that goes in that direction but I don't know anything that does it in VST, AU or AXX?

Any suggestion? I saw a few posts about loopers like Egoist (I don't find the interface friendly) or Looptunes ( more of a DJ tool) and I am really looking for something easy to use that would give different options of slicing, time stretch.. kind of what an Octatrack would do too. And, why not, something that would also give different options of randomisation of the different audio parts selected.

Thank you :blush:

Comments

• edited February 2018

@JonJon said:
    Hi everyone, I checked some posts but i didn't find what I am looking for.

Today I am recording guitar arpeggios and unfortunately my guitar skills seem to have gone on vacations.. I work on pro tools 12 and so instead of slicing and time stretching, moving manually each chord.. I would love to find a plugin that would automatically easily calculate/analyse the audio on a track, slice it, move it and time stretch it to fit the grid and tempo. I know it sounds lame but who knows, since almost everything is manageable nowadays, I would be curious to know if such a tool exists as a plugin.

My guitar sound and playing are not that bad but the latency when I record and my lack of practice on the tempo make it a pain to beat match everything quickly on the grid.

Ableton Live does a great job to import audio and stretch it automatically.. I am looking for something that goes in that direction but I don't know anything that does it in VST, AU or AXX?

Any suggestion? I saw a few posts about loopers like Egoist (I don't find the interface friendly) or Looptunes ( more of a DJ tool) and I am really looking for something easy to use that would give different options of slicing, time stretch.. kind of what an Octatrack would do too. And, why not, something that would also give different options of randomisation of the different audio parts selected.

Thank you :blush:

I guess I am a bit lost... You state you want an 'Plug-in'... then you were looking at apps...

Anyway... Did you see his 'app'?
    Disclaimer... I don't own it... as yet..

• do you have ableton live already?

• Thank you for all your answers..

Rajah, I talked about "Egoist" that can be used as a plugin and for "looptune" i guess it's definitely not the interface i am looking for.. as you said it is an app and i am looking for VST or AAX, but it seems to time stretch automatically which is one of the options what i am looking for. "In the loop" is a simple looper and that is not what i am looking for.

Kobamoto, yes i do own Ableton too but i am not comfortable using it. I didn't learn it well.. I could rewire it to Pro Tools, i tried that before but it's hard on the CPU and that is not the right option for me. I would love to find something that allows me to work directly on Pro Tools. I can use VST or AU with BlueCatPatchwork or Metaplugin and so i don't need necessarily an AAX format.

Dubbylabby, i check BlockWave but it's also an app and it doesn't do the job. All the features are stuff i can do manually pretty quick on pro tools too.

MachFive from Motu seems an interesting sampler too, but that is not exactly what i am looking for either.

To explain myself a little better, I would like to record a guitar part with peaks in the audio waveform that would be easily recognisable by a plugin so that this plugin could edit automatically the waveform and could give different options of slicing and time stretching. For example, my guitar recording is close to be on tempo but still it's slightly off.. and I would like that plugin to locate the different chords or arpeggios so that it can slice every peak to give me options of placement.. and also from there I could easily edit the slicing to clean my guitar part and beat match it...

and also in the best of all possible worlds, like an Octatrack (Elektron) would do it, I could also randomise all the slices to find other creative directions.

I guess it's asking too much :( I have to stop being lazy and go back to the manual editing.

• ps/ i didn't pay enough attention to where i was posting.. Audiob is only app oriented. I am going to check other forums that might be more accurate for my search.

• have you tried Serato Sample?

• Have you tried reslice? It doesn't timestrech but it can slice based on transients with sensitivity control. Plus you can export all the slices as a zip.