Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason iOS?

2»

Comments

• The thing is with Audiobus3,Link and all the apps you effectively already have Reason for iOS. It even ties into the big Reason perfectly

• @db909 said:
    I'm telling you all they have to do is 16 tracks of Figure with additional presets, panning, and song mode/way to string patterns together. Thats a dead simple concept, proven, and would be a killer app. But I doubt this will happen because it'd be too much fun and we can't have that.

I wouldn't say no

• Eh, there are enough simple Figure style apps already. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to see that app developed a bit (at least some rudimentary pattern chaining) but what I'd really love is the full rack environment, with CV and all. I'd settle for just the Reason stock devices if it meant I could start my ideas on the iPad and have it all translate to R9. How likely that is, I don't know.

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Eh, there are enough simple Figure style apps already. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to see that app developed a bit (at least some rudimentary pattern chaining) but what I'd really love is the full rack environment, with CV and all. I'd settle for just the Reason stock devices if it meant I could start my ideas on the iPad and have it all translate to R9. How likely that is, I don't know.

What? There are only two that I can think of iKaossilator and Figure that do synth/ sequencer with the drawing of the finger. db909 is looking for an expanded Figure which certainly does not exist in any form- but should. I would have them both though ☺️

• I'll be happy with Reason 5 features and the ability to use Refills.

• @robosardine said:

@chimp_spanner said:
    Eh, there are enough simple Figure style apps already. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to see that app developed a bit (at least some rudimentary pattern chaining) but what I'd really love is the full rack environment, with CV and all. I'd settle for just the Reason stock devices if it meant I could start my ideas on the iPad and have it all translate to R9. How likely that is, I don't know.

What? There are only two that I can think of iKaossilator and Figure that do synth/ sequencer with the drawing of the finger. db909 is looking for an expanded Figure which certainly does not exist in any form- but should. I would have them both though ☺️

Well by that I mean, simplified groovebox apps that let you make a 4/8/etc bar loop and then do nothing with them. Of course the finger input is novel, and if they could work something like it into Reason iOS that'd be great too. But I really wouldn't want to see them go down this route if they're gonna go through the effort of porting it. I'd want the whole lot. Rear cable patching, draggable rack effects, etc.

• Been learning reason 10 for the last couple months, finding it to be everything I hoped and more. I would certainly pay a significant amount for an ios version, perhaps $200 or slightly more — Definitely would not be as valuable to me as the desktop version though, but close.

At the very least, I hope they create an app similar or potentially much better than Logic Remote or rstouch, perhaps with standalone production capability similar to how MPC X integrates with mpc 2.0 ..

I just purchased an iconnectmidi4+, trying to integrate my ipad pro as closely as possible with my windows reason 10 and macbook pro logic - and any app that helps bridge the gap is an instant buy for me.

• Dammit, I got fooled by this thread again. I thought they announced something :D

• Lol. Sorry... figured I’d throw it back up in case Propellerhead people by chance see that there’s quite the market and demand for their IP on iOS...

Hopefully we’ll see something in the next year or two. iOS assistant/integration and 4k support are my #1/ #2 wishlist for reason.

• If they do it with the same dedication they did Thor, it's gonna be an awesome app. After all these years, Thor remains one of the best modular synths on ios.

• Some may "instabuy" whatever they release just because it's from Propellerheads, but I would definitely have a close look on what it really is and what it offers that no other app does. I agree with Norbert that when they decide to do something, they do it right. Thor is a great example, even running on an iPad 1 with reduced polyphony.
    Reason has many great modules that are both powerful and easy to use, and many of them would be fantastic on the iPad, be it drum modelling, a granulizer, synths or FX.
    Something more powerful than BM3 but as usable as the old Nanostudio.

• I think that whatever they do make it will be designed to attract new users to Reason on desktop....something that will let you start an idea on your phone, then finish it in Reason for Desktop.

There will be enough features to keep you interested, but there will be missing features that will make things awkward enough for you to look at Reason Desktop as an upgrade path to get those features.
    It will be an app that works as a feeder or companion to Reason on Desktop and not an equivalent or replacement for it.

Much like Cubasis and FL Studio Mobile. It just wouldn't make sense for them to hurt potential desktop sales with a cheaper iOS alternative.

• edited February 2018

If they do it, and it sounds like they will, I’m praying that they bridge the gap between Gadget (amazing control over sounds but generally poor touchscreen playability) and GarageBand (very playable on a touchscreen but limited control over sounds).

This is my vision: base the primary sequencer off of Figure rather than a traditional piano roll. Give us the key Reason instruments — Kong, Thor, Europa, Dr. OctoRex to start — with the Thor iOS keyboard. Keep the mobile version limited in scope and let us export projects to desktop for more control when we’re done. All of these pieces are in place on iOS already, it’s just a matter of combining them (yes, easier said than done, but still. Point is they’re not starting from scratch).

If they really want to wow me, they could include a control mode akin to Logic Remote. Imagine having full access to the Rack on touchscreen while your main monitor is dedicated to the sequencer? It would be a game changer for people on small laptops.

• I missed the first season of "Reason and iOS!"
    Can somebody catch me up? Is this a fantasy, like Ableton for iPad? Or is there some actual information saying that this IS in the works and IS coming?

• Fantasy.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I missed the first season of "Reason and iOS!"
    Can somebody catch me up? Is this a fantasy, like Ableton for iPad? Or is there some actual information saying that this IS in the works and IS coming?

Last year they sent a notice to some Reason users stating that they were working on something for mobile and asked if would we be interested in beta testing it at an undisclosed future date. Then apparently there was an interview (in Swedish) where they provided no detail but said something was in the works.

So basically, we don’t know what and when but Propellerheads are working on SOMETHING

• They should bring ReCycle to iOS as an AU. That seems like a good step to take while we wait for Reason Junior. Would make me happy, anyway.

• edited February 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    I think that whatever they do make it will be designed to attract new users to Reason on desktop....something that will let you start an idea on your phone, then finish it in Reason for Desktop.

Allowing users to import actual '.figure' files into Reason would be a big step in that direction. I'd buy Reason in an instant if this happened. As it is, Reason only imports an audio file, which I can do in a hundred other apps, without having to sign up for some stupid sharing thing. So, no Reason for me.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

• @CracklePot said:
    They should bring ReCycle to iOS as an AU. That seems like a good step to take while we wait for Reason Junior. Would make me happy, anyway.

ReSlice is even better...

• @Dubbylabby said:

@CracklePot said:
    They should bring ReCycle to iOS as an AU. That seems like a good step to take while we wait for Reason Junior. Would make me happy, anyway.

I have that one too. But it has no groove extraction to midi function, unless I am mistaken.

• @CracklePot said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@CracklePot said:

I have that one too. But it has no groove extraction to midi function, unless I am mistaken.

Yep as replacement tool not but as powerslicer with pitchshifting is a Dr. Rex to me.

• I reckon they are going to release a AU plugin wrapper for their RE format...