Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What hardware are you currently using or lusting

I'm rocking with my MV8800 again and have my ipad hooked up as midi control surface. Looking at an Octatrack, but not fully committed yet and have some other bit sitting in the loft that I havent fully gotten to grips with......

Comments

• I hated my Oktatrack... gone
    Now lusting after a Makita power saw

• edited February 2018

Digitakt (much faster to use than the Octatrack) plus iPhone over USB MIDI as external MIDI synth and a Y-cable for listening to both with the same headphones.
    Started using the setup with a Keystep but getting more and more used to the strange Digitakt chromatic keyboard ;)
    I'm currently doing a little shootout to find the synths with lowest latency. Found everything between 21 (Animoog and Laplace) to 68 milliseconds (zmors Modular) so far.
    Sometimes I'm attaching my EMX1 too, which works a lot better than most iPhone apps but eats a lot more space on the table too...

• edited February 2018

Digitone.. bought
    PO 35 Speak.. Lusting
    Digitakt.. Used to own, if they get in a good OS update, I will be lusting again now that the Digitone is on the way..
    Octatrack MK2.. Lusting but scared i will not like the complexity
    Big Sky Reverb.. Always lusting after this beast (3+ years now)
    thats it!

• hardware = fingers
    lusting = more talent o_O
    the occasional analogue thought is being dispensed with fairly well tho

• @rs2000 said:
    Digitakt (much faster to use than the Octatrack) plus iPhone over USB MIDI as external MIDI synth and a Y-cable for listening to both with the same headphones.
    Started using the setup with a Keystep but getting more and more used to the strange Digitakt chromatic keyboard ;)
    I'm currently doing a little shootout to find the synths with lowest latency. Found everything between 21 (Animoog and Laplace) to 68 milliseconds (zmors Modular) so far.
    Sometimes I'm attaching my EMX1 too, which works a lot better than most iPhone apps but eats a lot more space on the table too...

i bought a EMX1 for my Digitakt, was a mistake if you want to control from Digi because EMX1 doesnt have true envelopes and sound poo triggered from midi.. promptly sold it

• @Mayo said:
    I hated my Oktatrack... gone

see this is why I'm scared to plonk down the money on the Octatrack!!

• I’m selling my novation controllers and trust less in novation apps. I will keep the essential for blocs/launchpad and focus in garageband.
    I’m going to buy a microarranger or similar with sounds which was my first idea and I should pursue instead of iPad centric setup.
    Also wondering if buy a SP555 again or something like.
    Samplers are welcome in any form to my hands anytime :wink:

• edited February 2018

@mireko_2 said:

@rs2000 said:

i bought a EMX1 for my Digitakt, was a mistake if you want to control from Digi because EMX1 doesnt have true envelopes and sound poo triggered from midi.. promptly sold it

Huh?? Why trigger the EMX1 from the Digitakt?
    I'm using the best of both - the sequencers, sound engines and real time manipulation, and only sync their playback via MIDI clock. Works lovely. Maybe you've sold it too soon!

• edited February 2018

@rs2000 said:

@mireko_2 said:

@rs2000 said:

Huh?? Why trigger the EMX1 from the Digitakt?
    I'm using the best of both - the sequencers, sound engines and real time manipulation, and only sync their playback via MIDI clock. Works lovely. Maybe you've sold it too soon!

Yeah in that case great, I wanted five synth engines to trigger from the digi.

I love the emx standalone. its a classic, owned it twice. if your using them seperate than ya very cool :blush:

heres my first emx track.. it is a beast >:D

• @mireko_2 said:
    I love the emx standalone. its a classic, owned it twice. if your using them seperate than ya very cool :blush:

heres my first emx track.. it is a beast >:D

Yessss!!!
    I'll keep mine definitely :)

• @mireko_2 said:

@Mayo said:

I’m being tempted by the idea of a hot air soldering station. The trouble is it’ll be too big and won’t get taken down and used. If it is one of those cheap Chinese ones there’s too many to choose from and they’ll all fall apart anyway.

• @u0421793 said:

@mireko_2 said:

@Mayo said:

I’m being tempted by the idea of a hot air soldering station. The trouble is it’ll be too big and won’t get taken down and used. If it is one of those cheap Chinese ones there’s too many to choose from and they’ll all fall apart anyway.

is that like a floating soldering iron?

• Minibrute, using ... Minibrute 2S, lusting :-)

• encenc
    edited February 2018

Had terrible GAS over last three months. Tr 08, sh01a, jp 08. Doctor reckons I'm beyond help :'(

• @enc said:
    Had terrible GAS over last three months. Tr 08, sh01a, jp 08. Doctor reckons I'm beyond help :'(

I wouldn't mind having fun beyond help :)
    What's that Yamaha module under the laptop?

• Just got a Korg Kross 2 w Audio/Midi USB. Wouldn’t mind a Squarp Pyramid and yeah, Im scared of Octatrak.. Also sample mangling might be the next frontier in iOS.
    Love that Kross!

• iPad Mini 1
    Akai MPK Mini 2
    Zoom U-24
    Zoom H1
    Teensy 3.2 with some DIY electronics
    Hobbytronix MIDI hub
    Generic foot pedal
    TC Helicon VoiceTone T1 + couple of mics
    Raspberry Pi and pico projector
    Various acoustic instruments, if they count as gear

Right now I am seriously lusting over those new pocket operators but I shall resist the temptation. Be strong Ribbon, be strong.

• A Gibson J200 (in my dreams)

And a Seaboard Block (more likely to happen).

• @Dubbylabby said:
    I’m selling my novation controllers and trust less in novation apps. I will keep the essential for blocs/launchpad and focus in garageband.

I’m looking for a Novation 61 SL, if that happens to be one of the items you are selling.

Haven’t been lusting over much recently cause I’ve got my Moogs and a KIWI 106. However, if I come across a Nord Lead 3 at a good price, it’s going to be near impossible to resist. I love programming sounds, and the interface on that one is top notch. Plus it would sound sick with the heavy stuff I’m doing these days.

• @rs2000 said:

@enc said:

What's that Yamaha module under the laptop?

QX21 .. owned from new and recently brought out of retirement. Unfortunately the enter buttons have become unreliable sometimes not registering or worse, entering key hits twice.
    Waiting on delivery of its replacement a 25 year Roland MC50 I like mixing it up :)

• @Mayo said:

Makita makes good stuff.

• @richardyot said:
    A Gibson J200 (in my dreams)

I've been trying to resist the GAS on the second one for a couple of months.

But then have you seen the prices for them on Ebay?

Doomed, I tell ya..

• edited February 2018

New iPad
    Digitakt
    Roland SE-02
    Time
    Piano / Music Lessons

• New macbook pro 15" (maxed out in every way :) ).

• @Jocphone said:

@richardyot said:
    A Gibson J200 (in my dreams)

I've been trying to resist the GAS on the second one for a couple of months.

But then have you seen the prices for them on Ebay?

Doomed, I tell ya..

Oh yeah - I normally avoid Ebay, but that would actually be tempting if I had any money.

• edited February 2018

Seaboard Block, I’d love to play with. Also, at some point should fortune favour me, I’d love to build a small, very portable very powerful PC. To replace my desktop model.

Probably along these lines, but with better components.

https://youtu.be/xTpaB1FAU5s

• edited February 2018

MacBook Pro 13”
    Ableton Live
    Teenage Engineering OP-1
    Oto Biscuit
    Marantz CP-430
    Tascam 246
    Library of Congress C-1 Tape deck
    Sanyo microcassette Talkbook
    iPad Air2
    iPhone 7

Currently GASing for more space on my desk XD

Edit:
    Then there’s my guitar rig:
    Fender Esquire
    Roland Jazz Chorus 120 amp
    Pedalboard:
    Montarbo Sinfothon fuzz
    WMD Geiger Counter
    Eventide Pitchfactor
    MXR Flanger
    EHX Stereo Memory Man + Hazarai
    EHX Cathedral

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Also wondering if buy a SP555 again or something like.
    Samplers are welcome in any form to my hands anytime :wink:

been looking at SP555, SP808 and SP303 recently but Grooverider has been quite good at keeping me distracted

• @rumorazzi said:
    Teenage Engineering OP-1

How do you rate it over IOS music making, is that a comparable thing? I always fancied one, but always thought i could do it all on IOS....