Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visiting girl world

Comments

• edited January 2018

My tastes generally lean towards harder music. Some female artists I enjoy currently

Lzzy Hale (Halestorm - see above)
    Amy Lee (Evanescence)
    Taylor Momsen (The Pretty Reckless)
    Maria Brink (In This Moment)
    Simone Simons (Epica)
    Floor Jansen (Nightwish, After Forever)
    Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

A Canadian artists y'all might find interesting
    Lights

Also Bif Naked and Courage My Love

• Before "Adele" there was "Alison"

• This song brings me to tears and I dont even know why - her voice is just so damn beautiful and pure

• Anybody remember this? (it was a B-side)
    Kylie Minogue

• Will Powers, from the album Dancing for Mental Health
    Lynn Goldsmith had a career as a rock photographer at the time. Carly Simon sang the lead parts of this single, and Lynn processed her own voice (tape and vocoding) to change gender as Will Powers.
    https://thevinylfactory.com/features/adventures-in-success-lynn-goldsmith-and-the-affirmative-story-of-disco-guru-will-powers/

• edited February 2018

LoL
    Ich gratuliere mit den neuen Mac.
    Ich warte für ein neues Mac Mini, für mein WohnWagen Studio. Das alte ist 2011.
    Mit ProTools 10 gibt es keine Probleme. Ich brauche auch Notion Desktop. Das ist meine Furtwängler Berlin Symf :smiley:

• @u0421793 said:
    Will Powers, from the album Dancing for Mental Health
    Lynn Goldsmith had a career as a rock photographer at the time. Carly Simon sang the lead parts of this single, and Lynn processed her own voice (tape and vocoding) to change gender as Will Powers.
    https://thevinylfactory.com/features/adventures-in-success-lynn-goldsmith-and-the-affirmative-story-of-disco-guru-will-powers/

I remember when Goldsmith made that record, but I did not know the story behind it.
    Thanks for the link.

• @u0421793 said:
    Anybody remember this? (it was a B-side)
    Kylie Minogue

Love Kylie, that’s an h-side in comparison to the songs I Should Be So Lucky, I Believe In You, and most of the Fever album.

• edited February 2018

St. Vincent - Not everything she’s done grabs me but there are a handful of good tracks: ‘Marrow’, ‘Cruel’, ‘Digital Witness’, ‘Los Ageless’, and she also did an album with David Byrne.

Goldfrapp - Again not all her stuff sends me, but there is ‘Rocket’ (you must listen to the song FIRST and then watch the video!) and ‘Strict Machine’ (which has an ‘interesting’ video itself).

No Small Children - a trio of school teachers gettin’ after it - check out ‘Big Steps’ and ‘Drunk Creepy Guy’. Talented gals!

• edited February 2018

Cat Power

• @Brain said:

Goldfrapp - Again not all her stuff sends me, but there is ‘Rocket’ (you must listen to the song FIRST and then watch the video!) and ‘Strict Machine’ (which has an ‘interesting’ video itself).

Alison Goldfrapp vocals inside:

• @robertreynolds said:
    Cat Power

She is devastating. What a voice.

• edited February 2018

Grimes

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@robertreynolds said:
    Cat Power

She is devastating. What a voice.

Totally agree. Thanks for the additional video. So cool.

• @tomato_juice said:

I’m gonna +1 @popyourcorn ‘s post punk tip. See also Delta 5, Bush Tetras and the Slits. …

Nice little article regarding Delta 5 from quite a while ago:
    http://www.furious.com/perfect/delta5.html

I’ve always been quite a fan, and I remember seeing them live in Bristol, with my girlfriend of the time who moved there after she left art college in Worthing (I was still there).

• Long time favorite, hopefully not a re-post, she also plays most of the instruments.

Patrice Rushen - Haven't You Heard

• @u0421793 said:

@tomato_juice said:

I’m gonna +1 @popyourcorn ‘s post punk tip. See also Delta 5, Bush Tetras and the Slits. …

Nice little article regarding Delta 5 from quite a while ago:
    http://www.furious.com/perfect/delta5.html

I’ve always been quite a fan, and I remember seeing them live in Bristol, with my girlfriend of the time who moved there after she left art college in Worthing (I was still there).

Nice little mag that.

Ah, those early 80s! It’s a bit of a blur to be honest. I spent much of 1981-83 screaming and shitting myself, seemingly only comforted by sucking on my mother’s nipples. Looking back, I’m not sure I was right in the head.

Back on point, here’s some stripped-down Scout Niblett.

• This is Daughter, my favorite band of all time.

Warning: Elena Tonra can tear your heart out.

• And this is Banks.

• Australian musician Gordi has some wonderful songs like this one. The second song is a glorious live cover of the Linkin Park song In The End.

• Another Australian: Kate Miller-Heidke.

• I finally got around to checking out that 'one-hit wonder' 99 Luftballoons band.

It's a travesty that Nena gets that one-hit label because they're German...their first 3 albums, especially the debut, are right up there with other classic 80s girl-fronted groups like Scandal and The Motels. Nena rules.

• edited June 2018

New single from Halestorm.

Lzzy has the best female rock voice ever. Fight me :)

• @MikeyP said:

Too throaty, not raspy/airy enough to hold that title. Let's tussle

• @oat_phipps said:

@MikeyP said:

Too throaty, not raspy/airy enough to hold that title. Let's tussle

Who would you counter with?

• Toni Halliday from Curve is great too:

• I like quite an array of genres. Here are some things on a lot of my recent playlists:

Some poppy metal. With actually good lyrics imho

South African Hip Hop anyone? Possibly NSFW

Quirky Americana ish music (though her second album is almost grunge interestingly)

Not safe for driving, will make you cry or go to sleep. Love it.

Everyone loves a Bolero

I like the original too but I love Otep