Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visiting girl world

Comments

• why does our popular music start in the 50s

Clara Schumann was one of the greatest stars (even among men) of the 19 century.
    She was a beautiful pianist godess on par with Franz Liszt. Born Clara Wick.
    Married the older Robert Schumann, when he got mad and died, she was in love with the 15 year old younger Johannes Brahms...

see from 1:42 where history is made

• Scout Niblett always gets described as a lesser-known P.J. Harvey, which is a good comparison, and it’s one that must have helped her career, so I guess that the pros of the comparison outweigh the cons.

I love P.J. but I love Scout even more for whatever mysterious reasons make me love mysterious songs. This one includes Bonnie Prince Billy.

• I need to pry myself away from checking out all of these songs. I really appreciate all the suggestions. I know that you've been suggesting them to each other as much as anything, so I'm just a speck on the forum, but this thread has still made me feel less alone. I'm always an outsider everywhere I go. I'm just a less lonely one now.

I did just think of Speck Mountain though, which is another good group with girls in it, so there's that.

For now I'm going to part with an old song that's probably from around 1970. I really miss John Renbourn and Bert Jansch so this is a brilliant live version of Train Song from Pentangle. The girl angle is that Jacqui McShee's vocals also make the song. She never sings an actual word in the song. It's her voice used purely as an instrument.

I flat-out fucking love the song.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Annie Clark / St. Vincent.

Early (2009): https://youtube.com/watch?v=1vxQs84FMWQ

2015 (with band):
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=oVuo5RhRizo

Current (with backing tracks):
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=PfoBgKHqAX4

• Ukrainian Band "DakhaBrakha". Three women, one guy. Mostly acoustic, the women (who have sung together since they were kids) do most of the singing. Cello as bass, with drums, accordions, keyboards, all sorts of things. Their basic concept is taking ancient Slavic songs and seeing what they can do with them.

Recent full concert:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Hxg1dL_x0gw

Older tune, beautifully bleak and forlorn:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qt6E5yxy-uc

Also older, but happy and fun (takes a while to get going):
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3OJVMuHwcU

• edited January 2018

Love rap music. Love these female MCs.

Jean Grae

Young M.A.

Bahamadia

Lauryn Hill was such a fine rapper as well as singer.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gusgranite said:

Lauryn Hill was such a fine rapper as well as singer.

…and I was going to drop this one in:

I think I should, after all.

• edited January 2018

Back to here and now:
    Lady Leshurr - Queen’s speech episode 7

• @u0421793 my aunt is a nun and she LOVES sister act.

• @Max23 said:

@Kühl said:
    why does our popular music start in the 50s

Clara Schumann was one of the greatest stars (even among men) of the 19 century.
    She was a beautiful pianist godess on par with Franz Liszt. Born Clara Wick.
    Married the older Robert Schumann, when he got mad and died, she was in love with the 15 year old younger Johannes Brahms...

see from 1:42 where history is made

I love Martina Gedeck. Great actress, always plays interesting characters.

I couldn’t agree more. Are you German?
    Anyway. Ich habe deutsch gelernt um Goethe zu lesen.
    aber Ich habe 500 episoden von „Verbotene Liebe“ gesehen haha

• edited January 2018
  • Danke, Ich will es probieren,

German isn’t that far from my native norwegian. It’s also a Germanic language,
    Mind you, I’m not germanophile because of the war. We were occupied for 5 years, and many right wingers are creeping out of the woodwork again.

I like Germany for its culture. It’s very like ours, but you have Berlin, vampires in the night scene. My Korean wife is totally dedicated to Blut Engel and Covenant,
    I’m 10 years older than she so I’m into Kraftwerk and Bach. It’s very hygienic music.

• Nina Hoss. Sie ist eine sehr schöne Schauspielerin, auch hier...

• edited January 2018
  • @Max23 said:

@Kühl said: German isn’t that far from my native norwegian. It’s also a Germanic language,
    Mind you, I’m not germanophile because of the war. We were occupied for 5 years, and many right wingers are creeping out of the woodwork again.

oh I wouldn't have accused you of that. Im an open and free spirit.
    you are married to a woman? thats interesting I thought you were gay. ^^
    no offense, I am.

Ah, yes, im married to a Korean angel :) I just couldn’t help it, a girl so perfect.
    But I’m going both ways, well all four ways of the compass really.
    I was a boy/boy in my teens, later, I even lived as a girl for a year and a half...
    I was blessed with a slender body, long brown hair and sexy legs :) lol
    But situations change, I met my SeoulBabe and we got a little beautiful daughter.
    My wife is fully aware of my previous life though, so no jealousy or anything.
    She’s a cat too ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@Kühl said:

@Max23 said:

@Kühl said: German isn’t that far from my native norwegian. It’s also a Germanic language,

oh I wouldn't have accused you of that. Im an open and free spirit.
    you are married to a woman? thats interesting I thought you were gay. ^^
    no offense, I am.

Ah, yes, im married to a Korean angel :) I just couldn’t help it, a girl so perfect.
    But I’m going both ways, well all four ways of the compass really.
    I was a boy/boy in my teens, later, I even lived as a girl for a year and a half...
    I was blessed with a slender body, long brown hair and sexy legs :) lol
    But situations change, I met my SeoulBabe and we got a little beautiful daughter.
    My wife is fully aware of my previous life though, so no jealousy or anything.
    She’s a cat too ;)

hahaha
    don't ask me how I got that impression
    I just had a feeling

Yeah... my “soul” is pretty open
    So, all that said, back to music making. I have a blank sheet in front of me today.
    Last weekend I had a Mahler weekend, saw the movies, heard the symphonies, studied the scores. Started Friday, but wasn’t finished until Monday evening. His wife Alma was a bitch lol. I’m lost in a world of musical ideas now, all swirling around in my head like flies around shit. To capture them on paper is like using chopsticks, like karate kid, hehe.
    I can’t do much anyway while my iPad Pro is in for repairs, the Air I use is crackling like a hen farm if I overload it. So I’ve tried old apps like iMS-20 lately. I love that synth. It’s lousy to get in sync, but I just make a basis wave Aufnahme mit Cubasis, und then I align it so I can sync it from there...
    You know what, I’ve worked in radio for so many years I can’t stop talking, the same with writing hehe

• edited January 2018
  • I don't know her name, but Beach House is fronted by a woman and I love their music. It's so dreamy.

• Scandal ft. Patty Smyth

Nothing beats a quality raspy female voice.

Oh ya?

• All Saints