Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Routing Rozeta - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

Just posted a new video showing off the new MIDI cc routing options in @brambos Rozeta!

Comments

• Great video cheers. Any chance you can do one on all the new automation options with Rozeta.

• Great work, thanks. Clear and concise.

• @dvlmusic [As noted on your YT channel:]

Very good. This is the kind of sheer boffinery that I have been missing out on because I never got my advanced PhD in the sorcery of science. This REALLY helped. Like the no-fuss-no-muss convivial delivery. Bit like having a smarter mate come over and point out how to do stuff, which is pretty much what most of us duffers always wish for in the middle of the lonely nights of confusion and MIDI panic (which the button for in apps seems to do little to assuage). Have subscribed and will watch whatever IOS stuff you deign to do etc.

• This is nice stuff! :)

• Thanks, everyone. I figured some folks would dig this since the functionality is so new. @Jumpercollins I have to figure out all the options beforehand, but yeah - I can look into doing another video with some other routing options. I've got a few more videos coming in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

• Clear and straightforward. Thanks, dvlmusic.

• @dvlmusic Thanks for the video!

Sometimes I'm just totally 'blind'.

Yesterday I was wondering why there were no 'Auto Panning' AUv3 Plug-Ins when the answer was just right in front of me ie. just use Rozeta LFO and route the output to pan in AUM :)

• @supadom said:
    Great work, thanks. Clear and concise.

Echo.. Great teacher,,

• Thanks for this, very informative. Rozeta is helping me gain a better understanding of Midi and videos like this are invaluable.
    For instance your introduction to the midi control settings in AUM is especially useful since you’re shown me that I don’t need to refer to the Ruismaker site to know which CC is which. Much appreciated.

• I’m sold, you’ve got me to subscribe to your YT Channel !
    Nice job with the explanations of Rozeta and their uses within each other. @brambos has a great collection in that App and you have a nice knack of showing us how to use them.
    Please

• Glad to know these are helpful. Thanks for subscribing and let me know of there are specific things you'd like to see a video about.

• edited January 2018

This is great. I love your series. I'm now a subscriber. You're a very engaging teacher, and I appreciate you not making assumptions about apparently "basic" features.

One thing. You're really committed to "Daveypoo," huh? You know, in the words of Cedric the Entertainer, I'm a grown-ass man, Dog. I'll subscribe to your channel. But I can't call you Daveypoo. :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This is great. I love your series. I'm now a subscriber. You're a very engaging teacher, and I appreciate you not making assumptions about apparently "basic" features.

One thing. You're really committed to "Daveypoo," huh? You know, in the words of Cedric the Entertainer, I'm a grown-ass man, Dog. I'll subscribe to your channel. But I can't call you Daveypoo. :)

You should see the looks I get when I tell them that name at Starbucks and then they have to yell it out to the store....

Daveypoo is silly and makes me laugh - and it's a bit more memorable than being just another Dave.

And it has the word poo in it - always appropriate for any music I make :wink:

• @dvlmusic said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

You should see the looks I get when I tell them that name at Starbucks and then they have to yell it out to the store....

Daveypoo is silly and makes me laugh - and it's a bit more memorable than being just another Dave.

And it has the word poo in it - always appropriate for any music I make :wink:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnGYFm3RvuvRRi8/giphy.gif

• And can I make a request for a GR16 tutorial? I've messed around without much focus, and been very happy with the results. But I'd love to see how people are bringing in their own samples, slicing them, and stringing together patterns.

(A little presumptuous after I've posted animated feces, but there we are....)

• I don't own GR16 currently, but I'll check it out and add it to the list of future videos. I don't currently do too much with sampling but it's an area I want to do more with. The gif above accurately describes my ability to use samples effectively...