Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visiting girl world

Comments

• I've got a playlist for when I have trapped emotions and need to get them out through the medium of tears, slip into an evening gown of masculine design, it's white, has a square neck that shows a bit of cleavage, three quarter length that covers the knee but shows the ankles as I believe in modesty and purple velvet trim. I'll get my harp out and sometimes munchie will join me on the bagpipes and we jam, some of my favourite tracks featuring beautiful songwriting and vocals are below.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I was just about to post the doctor who theme @dendy

Would love to hear what Delia could do with the technology we have nowadays!

i would love to hear what Beethoven, or Mozart, could do with the modern music technology :-)

• @ToMess said:
    The best rock song with female singer imo:

And another classic from the band(surely all b-boys know this one)

And lets not forget the great portishead:

I love portishead my favourite track from them

• To move full circle back to the OP: Marilyn Crispell's "Nothing Ever Was, Anyway: the Music of Annette Peacock" is simply wonderful.

• @Purpan said:
    To move full circle back to the OP: Marilyn Crispell's "Nothing Ever Was, Anyway: the Music of Annette Peacock" is simply wonderful.

Oh yeah, Marilyn Crispell is crazy talented.

• Always been a big fan of Nancy Elizabeth, great balance of instrumentation and electronics:

https://nancyelizabeth.bandcamp.com/album/dancing

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

Cassandra Wilson
    Gillian Welch
    Betty Davis
    Patti Smith
    Ella Fitzgerald
    Deborah Chasteen
    Vanessa Briscoe-Hay
    Lucinda Williams
    Claire Campbell
    Annette Peacock
    Jen Turner
    Cindy Cashdollar
    just name a few

• Vienna Teng

• edited January 2018

Had never heard this until today. It’s devastating. Brandi Carlile.

• Going through these lists and links is a blast. The wide range of stuff is great to see. It’s going to take me a while to get to everything, which is good because I love doing it.

By the way, if it's up to me as the OP then there are no rules to follow here. I'm just looking for anything girl-related. As an example Led Zeppelin as a band wouldn't make sense to list, but The Battle of Evermore would make sense since Sandy Denny guested on it.

This Heartless Bastards song is like someone singing my life history to me. It’s proof, I guess, that darkness and optimism can coexist as a bundle of contradictions within a personality.

It's another live-in-the-studio radio take of a song.

• Lianne La Havas
    Björk
    Alice Coltrane
    Fever Ray
    Missy Elliott
    Nina Simone

• late to the party so not sure if already mentioned, but I love the all-female or mostly-female groups of the punk and post punk era, such as Liliput

The Raincoats

Mo-dettes

Androids of Mu

X Ray Spex

• ah....and Lydia Lunch:

• edited January 2018

Last year members of the groups Heart and Prince’s NPG came together to form dual girl-fronted super group Roadcase Royale. Killer stuff!!

• Belcalis Almanzar!

• Annie Lennox’s new one

• edited January 2018

Beyonce

• edited January 2018

Great thread.
    I’m sure I just missed it, but, even so, LAURIE ANDERSON would deserve to mentioned at least twice...
    @max23 just saw that you put O Superman up, so here’s a different one:

https://youtu.be/GHFCdviF6zU

• Another absolute favorite: FRANCOISE HARDY, particularly in the early ‘70s...
    https://youtu.be/-CF189_NoCA

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @tomato_juice How did I forget Kim Deal?

I asked her to marry me on the "Last Splash" tour about 20 years ago and she said "sure"

Haven't heard from my fiancée since but I'm a patient man!

Man... You’ve got to follow though with that stuff! Angel Olsen stared deeply into my eyes for a full minute during a show a couple of years ago, singing... to me... then I was immediately hurried off to a dinner afterwards. It still feels unresolved.

I’m gonna +1 @popyourcorn ‘s post punk tip. See also Delta 5, Bush Tetras and the Slits. There are always a few ripples of it about, with bands like Erase Errata, Trash Kit, Coathangers... I was surprised to find myself grooving to Bow Wow Wow the other day (they’re famous for the song ‘I want candy’ but this one’s about good old-fashioned music piracy):

Anyway, the reason I’m posting again is to mention Afrirampo, who are just insane heavy psych rock. Kind of hard to listen to, actually, but they have a certain something (hypomania):

Also I want to give a shout out to Nikki Lane, for singing country in the old style. Few do:

• And I think FIRST AID KIT is superb. Really great songs and songraft.

https://youtu.be/Hi5A9OCAyIk