Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visiting girl world

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@Janie said:
    Would some of you please list some of the girl musicians and songwriters that you listen to?

In no special order...

PJ Harvey
    Kate Bush
    Patti Smith
    Leslie Mendelson
    Lissie
    Rilo Kiley

As probably the least known if the above, checkout this world class song ‘Chasing the Thrill’ by Leslie Mendelson.

https://youtu.be/OOP4AB0pOzw

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

Little Boots (singer, songwriter, synth entusiast)

Miss Djax (acid queen since '90s , still active, still on top)

Marusha (rave queen in '90s, still active DJ)

Altruism (psytrance dj and producer)
    https://soundcloud.com/altruism-1

Miranda (famous swedish goa trance producer from '90s, still active)
    https://soundcloud.com/mirandasilvergren

• edited January 2018

I'm going to band the rules a bit and add Cocteau Twins and Broadcast to the list. For me Elisabeth Fraser and Trish Keenan (RIP) are the main reason why I love these bands.

I find it really sad that we're not going to hear these voices again. I read recently that Elizabeth Fraser still records at home but feels her vocals aren't good enough!!!

Edit: Since I've broken the rules already Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions/Mazzy Star fall into this category also. "Until the hunter" is a stunning album with immaculate production, highly recommended!

• Oh, nice thread. Gonna bookmark this one.

I never really got over girls with guitars. I think it probably started with the Bangles and Joan Jett when I was a kid. Kim Deal’s a hero.

I’ll assume that most are familiar with Joni Mitchell’s ‘Blue’ and Kate Bush’s ‘Hounds of Love’, Patsy Cline and Karen Dalton.

Happy to see Courtney Barnett, Hope Sandoval, PJ Harvey and Broadcast getting props.

Here are a few tracks to add to the woodpile:

And here’s a sad song by French singer Barbara, about returning to her childhood home and regretting it:

• edited January 2018

A bit late to the party so these probably won't get listened to, but anyway here's some contemporary female artists:

Parlours:

She Drew The Gun:

Lanterns On The Lake:

And I'm really surprised she hasn't been mentioned already, but one of the best artists of the last 10 years, Lykke Li:

And the super-cool acoustic version:

• @tomato_juice How did I forget Kim Deal?

I asked her to marry me on the "Last Splash" tour about 20 years ago and she said "sure"

Haven't heard from my fiancée since but I'm a patient man!

• edited January 2018

Fiona Apple

Eg

• edited January 2018

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @tomato_juice How did I forget Kim Deal?

I asked her to marry me on the "Last Splash" tour about 20 years ago and she said "sure"

Haven't heard from my fiancée since but I'm a patient man!

This is kind of a music nerd's dream: Kim Deal covering a song by Chris Bell from Big Star, as part of Ivo Watts-Russel's 4AD This Mortal Coil collective... The original is also pretty good, I think it was released on Chris Bell's posthumous I Am The Cosmos.

• edited January 2018

I really love that one @richardyot

The Breeders have always had a male drummer as far as I know, there are some great songs on "Pod" that I still love even after years of revisiting it often!

• I'm just overlooked it or really nobody mentioned till yet DELIA DERBYSHIRE here ? One of most important women in history of electronic music :)

• edited January 2018

Here are a few bands fronted by women, and solo female artists, that I listen to:

Tune-Yards
    Florence and the Machine
    PJ Harvey
    Portishead
    Goldfrapp
    Fiona Apple
    Bjork
    Chvrches
    KT Tunstall
    FKA Twigs
    Holly Herndon
    Jesca Hoop
    Laura Marling

• edited January 2018

This is still my all-time favourite electronic album. From 1969. Nothing else like it.

… especially this track:

From the same epoch, and not in the least electronic, Dory Previn was a product of the great American songbook who made the transition to the singer-songwriter era: showgirl in the forties, club singer in the fifties, Broadway and Hollywood lyricist in the sixties, and in the seventies songs like this:

• I was just about to post the doctor who theme @dendy

Would love to hear what Delia could do with the technology we have nowadays!

• edited January 2018

Not sure if mentioned yet but I used to be quite fond of Camille, Jesca Hoop (best if you can find her kcrw live radio performance from some 10 years ago), Michelle Shocked, Rickie Lee Jones (especially more electronic ghostyhead). Rosin Murphy, CéU.

• Am at work so can't research proper links but off the top of my head some artists I have recently enjoyed listening to:

• Nadine Shah
    • Jane Weaver
    • Laura Marling
    • Cate Le Bon
    • MIA
    • Big Thief
    • Daughter
    • Fever Ray
    • Mary Epworth

Great thread, lots to catch up with.

• @supadom said:
    Not sure if mentioned yet but I used to be quite fond of Camille, Jesca Hoop (best if you can find her kcrw live radio performance from some 10 years ago), Michelle Shocked, Rickie Lee Jones (especially more electronic ghostyhead). Rosin Murphy, CéU.

Roisin Murphy is amazing. Is the Camille you’re referring to the French artist? Le Fil, Le Sac De Filles?

• @DCJ said:

@supadom said:

Roisin Murphy is amazing. Is the Camille you’re referring to the French artist? Le Fil, Le Sac De Filles?

Yup, ex nouvelle vague

• the best dutch female artist at this moment imho

• Tricot

Shisamo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bNiLTsDIJg0

Lucy Dacus

Football, etc

Regina Spektor

Julien Baker

Natalie Evans

Yvette Young

Rainer Maria