Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave sections tip

Like many others on here, I was hoping for a quantised jump between these since they appeared.
Now I hope this doesn't happen, I will try to explain why.

Try this out

Make your main (most busy) pattern where everything is happening.
Copy this across all 8 sections.
Go into each section and go crazy with changing up the percussion.
Leave all the melodic stuff alone, mutes are fine usually.
Now fly between the sections, they respond with lightning speed
You will notice that you can get lots of percussive variations happening without any hiccups in the sound!

Thanks for reading, I hope others will enjoy this as much as I am lately.

Comments

• Thanks for posting this, I realized yesterday that Groovebox sections work the same. I understand now that they meant for you to just jam out and trigger them freely.

• I love how this works, surprises me that nobody from novation suggested this method in response to the numerous demands for quantised sections. It does force you to be more conservative and mindful with anything melodic but sliced up vocals etc will give similar freedom as the percussion stuff. Makes adding fills very easy and you can get longer pieces from the limited amount of sections by moving between them in different ways.

• Oh man that is ingenius. Thanks for the tip. B)

• I actually found it pretty easy to do with melodies too if you switch along the bar lines.
    Better yet if it’s the same instrument as in Groovebox

• I stumbled upon it myself @CracklePot

Just happened to make something where I hadn't bothered to change the melodic bits but had different breakbeats, hats etc on the sections.

• @db909 said:
    I actually found it pretty easy to do with melodies too if you switch along the bar lines.
    Better yet if it’s the same instrument as in Groovebox

I love Blocs so much that I can't help having a grudge against Groovebox since Blocs development seems to have stopped completely since it appeared. Also gadget is light years ahead as a self contained collection of synths and drum stuff in my opinion. If Groovebox midi learn arrives I will probably unlock it all anyway!

• edited January 2018

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I love Blocs so much that I can't help having a grudge against Groovebox since Blocs development seems to have stopped completely since it appeared.

>

Yes, that is annoying. We use Blocs Wave a lot, would be happy to pay for IAP’s that have been requested, or sling £20+ at a Pro version, if they’d just make it.

Similarly, Groovebox has so much potential, currently being swallowed whole by EDM uber alles. Maybe that is where the cash is, these days.

It’s frustrating to see apps that are already great, and could be stratospheric, not getting developed in ways that music makers would love so much. Are 1000 Millennials ‘sharing’ their all too similar creations on anti-social media better publicity than what a dedicated smaller number here do? Given the lack, I suppose that must be the case. :'(

• Did you see the swipe to change scene function?
    I found it at tutorial from latest updates.

• I don’t really understand maybe because I’m not a native english speaker or maybe because I haven’t used Blocs so much. I like Blics very much and I plan to use it a lot more together with Launchpad. Can some make a short video tutorial please?

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Did you see the swipe to change scene function?

I''ve been swiping in all directions in Blocs and nothing happens!
    Is this one only in Groovebox?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Over the sections (when they are active and emerge) if you swipe from right to left (from first to next) it changes the section in order.

• That is quite useful indeed @Dubbylabby

It took me a while to figure out, I was swiping on the tiny sections for at least five minutes before I found out you swipe across the larger part. I discovered the speaker icon for mutes, hadn't noticed that one and it's very nice to have!

There doesn't seem to be any difference in response time between swiping in order and hitting any of the sections but more options are never a bad thing :)

• @Dubbylabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Over the sections (when they are active and emerge) if you swipe from right to left (from first to next) it changes the section in order.

Sorry, is this in Blocs or Groovebox. Confused. Nothing new :)

• edited January 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Dubbylabby said:

It's definitely in Blocs, would be surprised if Groovebox didn't have this also.
    It took me way longer than necessary to figure it out, maybe someone can link the video which explains it?

You are swiping across the main row of tracks rather than the little ones above, but the little ones have to be displayed. I think this is accurate?

• @fattigman said:
    I don’t really understand maybe because I’m not a native english speaker or maybe because I haven’t used Blocs so much. I like Blics very much and I plan to use it a lot more together with Launchpad. Can some make a short video tutorial please?

Search Blocs Wave on YouTube and there are some good ones. Jakob Haq has some good ones on his channel.
    I’m too lazy to make tutorials myself. ;)

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Dubbylabby said:

It's definitely in Blocs, would be surprised if Groovebox didn't have this also.
    It took me way longer than necessary to figure it out, maybe someone can link the video which explains it?

You are swiping across the main row of tracks rather than the little ones above, but the little ones have to be displayed. I think this is accurate?

THAT is funky....and took me way too long pawing at the object like some blind bear but just before the anger set in I sussed it :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Dubbylabby said:

THAT is funky....and took me way too long pawing at the object like some blind bear but just before the anger set in I sussed it :)

I was still swiping at the little ones in vain but accidentally missed and voila
    More tips and tricks are most welcome, I'm gonna post a nice Animoog tip later on.

• @CracklePot said:

@fattigman said:
    I don’t really understand maybe because I’m not a native english speaker or maybe because I haven’t used Blocs so much. I like Blics very much and I plan to use it a lot more together with Launchpad. Can some make a short video tutorial please?

Search Blocs Wave on YouTube and there are some good ones. Jakob Haq has some good ones on his channel.
    I’m too lazy to make tutorials myself. ;)

Yeah I will check Jacob’s videos. Thanks

• @JohnnyGoodyear Blocs.
    Definetly it’s explained into the tutorial but never figured it out by myself.