Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One

Comments

• I have always loved the investment of my Smaster player with Ableton on PC and MAC.

• I have a new SynthMaster One video out today, so hopefully it’ll be on iOS soon

This is the desktop version but I should think that it will be the same in most respects

• Wait, so SM1 still coming?

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I have a new SynthMaster One video out today, so hopefully it’ll be on iOS soon

This is the desktop version but I should think that it will be the same in most respects

• Sounds incredible; This is going to be among the elite class of iOS synths, perhaps better than even Syntronic due to it’s tweaking/patch making abilities. Thanks for the video Doug, Can’t wait to noodle away with this!

Like the other guy said, I too hope they end up bringing desktop functionality via IAP.. I’d pay desktop prices for parity — I’m sure the A10 and up could handle it. But either way, I’m really looking forward to this.

• No rumors when we will see Synthmaster One on our beloved iPads?

• Last I heard dev says he wants it ready for January NAMM 2018

• @realdavidai said:
    Last I heard dev says he wants it ready for January NAMM 2018

Cool! Waiting a lot for this!

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@realdavidai said:
    Last I heard dev says he wants it ready for January NAMM 2018

Cool! Waiting a lot for this!

Just about a month away. Fingers crossed!

• Been warming up to SynthMaster. Lots to be liked, at least on paper. It has MPE support, several synthesis methods not common elsewhere, a pretty sweet pricing structure…
    And some really neat sounds, including those in SynthMaster One. (Bought the crossgrade from SynthMaster 2 for 9$.)
    The recent update to SynthMaster 2 (version 2.9) brought some neat wavetable features available in SynthMaster One to the “bigger brother”. At this point, any of the four oscillators (two per layer) can be a full 256-cycle wavetable, including through direct import of WAV files (say, from Serum wavetables). Makes for a very flexible instrument on the desktop, even if people are more enthusiastic about Xfer Serum, NI Massive, or even Waves Codex. (In other news: Initial Audio’s Sektor comes at a strange time.)

Not sure how well the patches from the SynthMaster desktop versions work with the iOS SynthMaster Player. It’s supposed to work through iTunes transfer but that has yet to work for me (saving as iOS bank doesn’t show up as an option on the desktop and adding presets through iTunes made the iPhone app crash). Plus the iOS app hasn’t been updated since May.
    But NAMM 2018 should be a nice time to release something. Less than a month away!

We have some neat wavetable synths on iOS, including PPG Infinite (released by Wolfgang Palm last Summer) and Nave (last updated by Waldorf in September 2015). KV331Audio still has some room to grow SynthMaster on our favourite devices. A seamless way to add custom patches from desktop versions would go a long way. So would an iOS editor.

• I will be periscoping synthmaster one running on an iPad tomorrow from NAMM.

I saw it today. Looks great!

• edited January 2018

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I will be periscoping synthmaster one running on an iPad tomorrow from NAMM.

I saw it today. Looks great!

Wow! Halleluah!!!
    I’ve been waiting almost one year for this moment!
    Exiting...

• Release date??

• Benn a long time coming, I hope it will be worth it.

• I recall that there was some discussion here at the AB forum that the iOS version of Synthmaster One would not be on par with the desktop version when it came to the selection of rendering quality?!(Only Low and Normal modes availble?!). Remains to be seen what really is the case once it's released...

• Shame Sythmaster and NS2 were not released to coincide with NAMM would of given iOS music more of a shopfront to the general Music community. So far I say there been no earth shattering news coming out the place. Novation have no new gear reported midi controllers.etc or Arturia. Everything as usually is in the expensive bracket apart from the pocket operators.

• edited January 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Shame Sythmaster and NS2 were not released to coincide with NAMM would of given iOS music more of a shopfront to the general Music community. So far I say there been no earth shattering news coming out the place. Novation have no new gear reported midi controllers.etc or Arturia. Everything as usually is in the expensive bracket apart from the pocket operators.

Yea so far NAMM is a bust for iOS. But most of 2017 was almost too good so I kinda felt this coming

• now, this synthmaster one is really interesting imho. hope we will have this thread filled with some stuff soon. the player thing was really cool, although I had some terrible problems with it in AUM, which they never fixed. So, for using it in a live setting is completely off the table.
    maybe the one is ONE haha
    any speculations regarding the price? some NAMM promo for 20? any rumors?

• @Enkerli said:
    Been warming up to SynthMaster. Lots to be liked, at least on paper. It has MPE support, several synthesis methods not common elsewhere, a pretty sweet pricing structure…
    And some really neat sounds, including those in SynthMaster One. (Bought the crossgrade from SynthMaster 2 for 9$.)
    The recent update to SynthMaster 2 (version 2.9) brought some neat wavetable features available in SynthMaster One to the “bigger brother”. At this point, any of the four oscillators (two per layer) can be a full 256-cycle wavetable, including through direct import of WAV files (say, from Serum wavetables). Makes for a very flexible instrument on the desktop, even if people are more enthusiastic about Xfer Serum, NI Massive, or even Waves Codex. (In other news: Initial Audio’s Sektor comes at a strange time.)

Not sure how well the patches from the SynthMaster desktop versions work with the iOS SynthMaster Player. It’s supposed to work through iTunes transfer but that has yet to work for me (saving as iOS bank doesn’t show up as an option on the desktop and adding presets through iTunes made the iPhone app crash). Plus the iOS app hasn’t been updated since May.
    But NAMM 2018 should be a nice time to release something. Less than a month away!

We have some neat wavetable synths on iOS, including PPG Infinite (released by Wolfgang Palm last Summer) and Nave (last updated by Waldorf in September 2015). KV331Audio still has some room to grow SynthMaster on our favourite devices. A seamless way to add custom patches from desktop versions would go a long way. So would an iOS editor.

The transfer of SM DT patches/presets to ios SM player does work, but, it only works with the ones you create, not with the presets that are factory, or the ones that come with the plug in. A way around this, is to change a parameter slightly on the DT plug in, and save it under a new name, then, you will be able to transfer it to your ipad. I have done this with a good number of the presets on the DT. It's time consuming, but, I found it well worth the time to add such good sounds to my arsenal.

• Quoted from a synthmaster team dev on FB.

Hey guys, we're very close to releasing SynthMaster One for iPad! It's gonna be identical to the desktop version except 2 things: Polyphony will be limited to 16 and engine quality will be limited to Good (2x oversampling). Initially we will support AudioBus and InterApp Audio, AUv3 support will follow later on.

• Drag and drop modulation is that a first for iOS ?

• @Jumpercollins said:

Drag and drop modulation is that a first for iOS ?

Think Scythe Wavetable synth has drag and drop mod but great to see it implemented in a full blown iOS synth.

• @Trueyorky said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Drag and drop modulation is that a first for iOS ?

Think Scythe Wavetable synth has drag and drop mod but great to see it implemented in a full blown iOS synth.

It´s about time. I wonder since years why most iOS apps make it unfriendly to use modulations.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Quoted from a synthmaster team dev on FB.

Hey guys, we're very close to releasing SynthMaster One for iPad! It's gonna be identical to the desktop version except 2 things: Polyphony will be limited to 16 and engine quality will be limited to Good (2x oversampling). Initially we will support AudioBus and InterApp Audio, AUv3 support will follow later on.

I can deal with the polyphony limit. But stunting the audio engine will probably be a deal breaker for me tbh. I don't see what the point of this is other than as a commercially defensive move by the company to try and stop the port to ios affecting desktop sales? I think its a mistake in the times of Moog Model 15 etc to limit audio quality like this.

• @Hosh said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Quoted from a synthmaster team dev on FB.

I can deal with the polyphony limit. But stunting the audio engine will probably be a deal breaker for me tbh. I don't see what the point of this is other than as a commercially defensive move by the company to try and stop the port to ios affecting desktop sales? I think its a mistake in the times of Moog Model 15 etc to limit audio quality like this.

Maybe but if you want to run several instances of an AU it might be better. Since it seems not so easy to add an option to choose the amount of oversampling like a few desktop tools does.
    I also think 2X will be good enough since you really just hear a difference with audio rate modulations or filter FM etc. And then you really need to hear it trough good headphones, speakers to hear that.
    Model 15 and Zeeon also „just“ use 4X oversampling (or correct me here if i‘m wrong) but still some tools sound better to me with no oversampling at all.
    And people still think they get everything for cheap......search for a new hobby. It just destroys good developers and lends to more iOS „toys“.

• What is the sound resolution of Synthmaster player? I’s it 2x oversampling?

• I doubt the AU will come in 2018

• @realdavidai said:
    I doubt the AU will come in 2018

They wait to the iPad Pro 2018 generation is released!

• I may pick it up once it is an AU. I don't think there will be an intro price low enough for me though to get a non-Au synth and then play the waiting game. Zeeon in BM3 is pretty much my min spec now for iOS synth usability and sound quality, anything less and I won't budge.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@realdavidai said:
    I doubt the AU will come in 2018

They wait to the iPad Pro 2018 generation is released!

I thinks it’s more likely an engineering challenge that they don’t want to tackle right now :D

• Yep, scythe has drag and drop modulations - really cool. Feels a bit like serum :)