Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon Synth by Beepstreet out on August 30th. Get these pennies ready!

Comments

• edited December 2017

Thanks! The most important aspect here is "pleasure factor". I've been trying to like iOS DAW apps, but I can't: popping windows, small controls, strange and complex navigation etc... I hope this will be a step into the right direction in iOS world.

• Will that be universal too?

• edited December 2017

@giku_beepstreet said:

Thanks! The most important aspect here is "pleasure factor". I've been trying to like iOS DAW apps, but I can't: popping windows, small controls, strange and complex navigation etc... I hope this will be a step into the right direction in iOS world.

Oh! Sounds excellent then. Same experience here.
    I like pleasure! :)

• Was making patches on zeon today

It is by far the most powerful synth on iOS . It can do it all, pads, bass, stabs

Such a pleasure to craft with

@giku_beepstreet when is sunrizer 2 coming?

• Zeeon is by far my favourite sounding ios synth. Use it in everything. Incredible job @giku_beepstreet :)

Hoping that the sequencer and arpeggio will maybe get a bit of a boost soon? Sunrizer rules in this department. Perfect implementation with the sequencer memory slots and arpeggio depth etc.

P.S Sunrizer AUv3 IAP would be amazing ;)

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zeeon is such a bargain that I will be buying the new sequencer even though i already have far too many!

• @giku_beepstreet I imagine you are extremely busy but I was wondering if the possibility of adding Link to Impaktor at some stage had ever crossed your mind? Still one of my all time favourite apps and I think it would be a great addition. Would be happy to buy it as an IAP.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @giku_beepstreet I imagine you are extremely busy but I was wondering if the possibility of adding Link to Impaktor at some stage had ever crossed your mind? Still one of my all time favourite apps and I think it would be a great addition. Would be happy to buy it as an IAP.

Same here! I’m a drummer / percussionist first and would love to see Impaktor get a few extra goodies. (Yes, as IAPs.)

In addition to Link, it would be amazing to have the six on-screen patches as separate channels. That way one could set up an awesome “drumkit”with six channels of Impaktor in AUM!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    btw. working on some new sounds as well

https://clyp.it/pxhyarmg

Cool, sounds West Coastish.

Thanks for working on MPE. Big vote up for MPE from me.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @giku_beepstreet I imagine you are extremely busy but I was wondering if the possibility of adding Link to Impaktor at some stage had ever crossed your mind? Still one of my all time favourite apps and I think it would be a great addition. Would be happy to buy it as an IAP.

Impaktor will be AU later this year.

• Still hoping for Scala scales import in Zeeon too!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Thats Sounds good, thx @giku_beepstreet

• Still hoping for the mac version.....including all of the above features of course :)

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Thats Sounds good, thx @giku_beepstreet

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Excellent news, Impaktor is such a unique app.

• edited January 2018

Any ETA on the MPE in Zeeon, @giku_beepstreet? I'd be happy to test a beta version with my Roli stuff.

• Can someone explain the "constant" mod source parameter with a very simple application and a slightly harder one?

• @chockfullofthat said:
    Can someone explain the "constant" mod source parameter with a very simple application and a slightly harder one?

For the easy one, try constant > panning. Often works well if you have two layers to pan one left and one right, especially if both layers are somewhat similar.

• @oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:
    Can someone explain the "constant" mod source parameter with a very simple application and a slightly harder one?

For the easy one, try constant > panning. Often works well if you have two layers to pan one left and one right, especially if both layers are somewhat similar.

I still don't understand. What is Constant?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Wow, that‘s really great news :)

Take your time with the implementation and choose a distribution model (IAP or new app) that generates enough income to cover for the work needed.

• @chockfullofthat said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

Its just a constant value x to whatever you set it to. Like when it’s modulating panning, the default (constant) value is 0, in the center of the stereo field. Move it to the right to +60 and you’ve panned significantly to the left channel.

Perhaps someone else could explain it more clearly?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Thanks for getting back to me, I didn't want to start a new thread. I have two friends that have bought an iOS device after using Impaktor for a few minutes! I don't really use AU since my devices aren't too powerful and I try to use simple setups when possible but it's great to hear that an update is on the roadmap :)

I don't see much discussion about Impaktor lately and there are probably quite a few new iOS users that aren't aware of this great little app. Hopefully the update will bring some more people onboard.

• @oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

Its just a constant value x to whatever you set it to. Like when it’s modulating panning, the default (constant) value is 0, in the center of the stereo field. Move it to the right to +60 and you’ve panned significantly to the left channel.

As you said it sends a constant value, in itself not that interesting. But if you have, let's say an lfo modulating some parameter, you can also modulate the same parameter with a constant value and by changing the mod amounts you can get some interesting movement happening.

I rarely use this one in the mod matrix and am open to being totally wrong on this!

• Using const you can set parameters out of default range.

e.g. Set osc 1 mix in mixer panel to zero. Then use modulation Const 1 -> -1 (full left) -> Mix osc 1

Osc 1 mix value is negative -1, saw wave is inverted :)

Try doing the same with osc wave or filter tone.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

As you said it sends a constant value, in itself not that interesting. But if you have, let's say an lfo modulating some parameter, you can also modulate the same parameter with a constant value and by changing the mod amounts you can get some interesting movement happening.

I rarely use this one in the mod matrix and am open to being totally wrong on this!

Hmmm. Not sure I follow. What's the difference between just changing the knob and using the mod matrix to set the value of said knob. Like in one preset they use the mod matrix to set the pulsewidth to a constant value. Why not just move the pulsewidth knob to that value?? @BlueGreenSpiral's example would be easier to understand maybe if there were examples for mod destinations of the LFO. Let's say filter cutoff. How are you "modulating" filter cutoff if you set it to a constant value? Maybe it's supposed to be used for parameters that don't have knobs?

• edited January 2018

@chockfullofthat said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

Hmmm. Not sure I follow. What's the difference between just changing the knob and using the mod matrix to set the value of said knob. Like in one preset they use the mod matrix to set the pulsewidth to a constant value. Why not just move the pulsewidth knob to that value?? @BlueGreenSpiral's example would be easier to understand maybe if there were examples for mod destinations of the LFO. Let's say filter cutoff. How are you "modulating" filter cutoff if you set it to a constant value? Maybe it's supposed to be used for parameters that don't have knobs?

First off let me repeat that I don't use this mod source very often. Regarding the pulsewidth preset, I can imagine you could change the pulsewidth value while holding a note and set it up so that the next incoming note would reset it to the constant value. I'm sure Zeeon wizards out there can say more on this than I can.

About the combination of lfo and constant both of these would be "fighting it out", with the one with the highest amount having a more prominent effect (affect?). In Zeeon you can even modulate the amount of modulation with another mod source or sources. You can really go down the rabbit hole and I have only scratched the surface of possibilities since I don't own it very long.

I am going to play around with this later on and will report back!

• Cool thanks for your attempts to explain it.

• @chockfullofthat said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

@oat_phipps said:

@chockfullofthat said:

I use it primarily to push values beyond the scaling of the knobs. Also as @oat_phipps mentioned it’s useful to set pan positions to a fixed space. Here are a couple examples you can quickly setup that will clearly reveal its effect.

Tune OSC 1 down into the clicks

An incredibly slow LFO

LFO 2 becomes an Oscillator

• Thanks for those examples @brice

Zeeon continues to surprise me with how powerful it is despite looking like a typical virtual analog synth. I am definitely going to tryout some of those templates tonight!