Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Notion IOS

Just curious about the Notion app and sounds that come with it. Is it usuable for playback or do I have to buy in app purchase additional sounds for good playback?

Comments

• Definitely usable thinking it is a notation app.

• @Jmcmillan said:
    Just curious about the Notion app and sounds that come with it. Is it usuable for playback or do I have to buy in app purchase additional sounds for good playback?

Notion has the best playback, Symphony Pro has the best workflow.
    I use them together.

And you won’t believe the desktop version of Notion. I have it on my mac.
    It’s sounds are genuinely marvellous.

• It depends on what sounds you want to use. There are a list of basic sounds that come with it. Then there are a whole bunch of IAPs for other instruments. You can’t use anyone else’s libraries, either, you can only use theirs. I write my stuff in it, export it as midi to Auria, then use the entire legion of sounds available in Auria and iOS AU and IAA packages.

It’s not perfect, that’s for sure. The midi export does not get all the dynamic markings you can place in Notion. They work to improve it, but that’s a flaw if you want symphonic sound. But if you are writing electronic music, it’s less of an issue.

• Mostly using as an upgrade to Musescore playback. I was hoping the sounds that come with it cover all the orchestral instruments plus basic articulations

• @Jmcmillan said:
    Mostly using as an upgrade to Musescore playback. I was hoping the sounds that come with it cover all the orchestral instruments plus basic articulations

Nope. Only some.