Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video killed the radio star created all on iPad/iPhone

Dan Baker at it again:

Comments

• Dude, that was awesome. In every way that was splendid. Thank you for sharing this!

• Wow - that is damn impressive.

• Woah, that was amazing.

• edited January 2018

I prefer the Presidents of the USA version, but this one’s solid

Edit: I have no clue how people can play iPad screen keyboards. I recorded one bass track doing so back in the early days, and went to buy a midi controller the next day.

• Kind of have forgotten what a well-written song that is.

• Absolutely brilliant. Although I do miss Tina Charles and the "ohhh-ahh" part at the end. But you can't have everything. :)

• That was wonderful.

• Loved it. Thank you for that. :)

• I love the laidback feel of all his videos and there’s a lot of nice content on his channel. Hope the video goes ’viral’ as it’s a good example of what can be done with Garageband :)

• Lawks that was well done and, yes, someone buy that man a MIDI controller.

• Wow! Excellent work and very talented! :-)

• Great work! I remember Geoff Downes doing this as a keyboard solo at a Yes gig and the whole auduence (unprompted) did the “Oh-Ah, Oh-Ah” bit!

• Deserves to go viral. Be interested in how he did the girly backing vocal B)

• edited January 2018

@enc said:
    Deserves to go viral. Be interested in how he did the girly backing vocal B)

Maybe the used the Apple AUNewPitch on the track in GarageBand or something like that :D
    Running vocals thru the guitar-amps in combination with the 'Vocal Transformer' is quite fun to be honest haha...

• @Samu said:

@enc said:

>

Running vocals thru the guitar-amps in combination with the 'Vocal Transformer' is quite fun to be honest haha...

:* gonna try that

• Marvellous.

Last I heard, Trevor Horn was producing a Billy Idol comeback album. Sounded brilliant.

• Infu**incredible!

• If I heard this on the radio, I wouldn’t know any difference, perfect

• Tim Webb says its the best cover he's ever posted at Dischord!

• Now that's MmmmmTV.

• @Reid said:
    Absolutely brilliant. Although I do miss Tina Charles and the "ohhh-ahh" part at the end. But you can't have everything. :)

I was waiting for that bit at the end also, and kind of missed it too. But the rest was totally brilliant!

• @fprintf said:

@Reid said:
    Absolutely brilliant. Although I do miss Tina Charles and the "ohhh-ahh" part at the end. But you can't have everything. :)

I was waiting for that bit at the end also, and kind of missed it too. But the rest was totally brilliant!

Made me watch some of the versions on YouTube, including this live version 25 years later.

I love this song so much. I play it on my guitar and I sing the last part "you are.. radio star" over and over because it's so beautiful. It makes me cry. And if you heard me sing it, it would make you cry too--because I sing it so atrociously. But I have a good time.

• @Reid said:

Made me watch some of the versions on YouTube, including this live version 25 years later.

I love this song so much. I play it on my guitar and I sing the last part "you are.. radio star" over and over because it's so beautiful. It makes me cry. And if you heard me sing it, it would make you cry too--because I sing it so atrociously. But I have a good time.

This one came up in my feed also and until you mentioned it I didn't think to watch it. Considering they hadn't every played it live and this was 2004, so 25? years later and it was the first time playing live, absolutely incredible how good musicians they are!

• edited February 2018

Here is Dan's latest foray "Together In Electric Dreams":

and a followup video how to make it:

• This is bloody terrible.

It means I can’t blame a lack of gear for not producing quality music.

Bastard.

• @enc said:

@enc said:

Haha! Cheers for all these comments. I sang it falsetto I'm afraid, though the vocal transformer is good fun.
    As far as my recording goes, I use Logic for most of my other stuff as I multitrack drums, guitars and other things, but the iPad GarageBand is a boon!