Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Borderlands

Did I forget how to use it?

Or is it bunk?

Comments

• Both?
    Need me to test/try something? I have that one.

• Details, good sir!

• Huh. I guess you remembered. ;)

• same here. when i load in samples, i can see them on screen, but nothing plays, the playhead are gone. it’s weird

• It was like that for some time now... just start borderlands first/outside the host app and then load it as iaa and it should be fine... at least here here it works fine in AUM or standalone
    Air2 latest ios

• @MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

I'm hoping that version 3 will arrive unexpectedly after a long wait. This already happened with version 2. Haven't used this one in a long time, I like it a lot even though it can be difficult to get musical results from it.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Rofl
    So a app isn’t good for what it can achieve but rather for how many updates it gets. Imma right?

Many professional environments get a machine with all the bells and whistles that actually just works and then they forget about updates, upgrades, newer versions and so on until it comes the time for a newer machine. If borderland was vital to you you shouldn’t get any upgrade to your device. If it was not, peace.

• @eross said:
    same here. when i load in samples, i can see them on screen, but nothing plays, the playhead are gone. it’s weird

It's working perfectly here, I'm still on iOS 10 so maybe 11 caused some issues?

You probably already know this but just in case you haven't used up it in a while, you have to double tap to make a playhead which you can place anywhere on the samples. As far as I know you can have as many of these as will fit on the screen.

• @mschenkel.it said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Rofl
    So a app isn’t good for what it can achieve but rather for how many updates it gets. Imma right?

Many professional environments get a machine with all the bells and whistles that actually just works and then they forget about updates, upgrades, newer versions and so on until it comes the time for a newer machine. If borderland was vital to you you shouldn’t get any upgrade to your device. If it was not, peace.

Is iOS a professional environment? Even point updates breed apprehension.

• App works just as I remembered. Developer has been up front about the fact that he will repair any severe issues but doesn’t plan on spending too much time on it. It’s always worked for me so I never considered it abandonware.

• Works fine in Audiobus, but not AUM. Need to start outside of AUM to work.

• I hope it continues to be developed / maintained.
    It's a stand out app for me - still nothing does what it does.

• @knewspeak said:

@mschenkel.it said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Rofl

No it is not. But also computer stuff was deemed as unprofessional until someone got professional works out it

• @mschenkel.it said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Rofl

Calm down. I just think that it’d benefit from a few tweaks after two years. Another of those apps that seems to have lost its way.

• OP seems to have fallen into the borderlands abyss. @RUST( i )K where are you??

• edited January 2018

I had forgotten how much fun the gravity function is to use! Definitely not in need of an update although I wouldn't mind if that happened.

• edited January 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Bit harsh, that’s like calling my 2000 Nissan Pulsar Abandonware because they haven’t been round with a new paint job, body kit or engine recently. ;)

Love me an update to it but it works well as is and capable of musical results as Jakob and others have shown.

• Ableton Link and pitch scale support would make this app much more useful, but it's solid otherwise, despite the lack of updates.

• edited January 2018

I don't need any new features, but a maintenance release resolving the issue with the wifi/cellular nag would be nice. That said, after two years the only thing I expect from this dev is that he'll have another sale in March.

• @aaronpc said:
    Ableton Link and pitch scale support would make this app much more useful, but it's solid otherwise, despite the lack of updates.

The dev did tease those on Facebook, even had a little video.

• @aaronpc said:
    Ableton Link and pitch scale support would make this app much more useful, but it's solid otherwise, despite the lack of updates.

You can pitch the nodes, but I’m guess by scale you mean semitones steps to get the keys of different samples to match? Would still have you use your ear since I doubt he’d add any sort of key detection. I’m also not sure link would be any good since it doesn’t use tempo information at all.

• @DCJ said:

@aaronpc said:

You can pitch the nodes, but I’m guess by scale you mean semitones steps to get the keys of different samples to match? Would still have you use your ear since I doubt he’d add any sort of key detection. I’m also not sure link would be any good since it doesn’t use tempo information at all.

I do mean semitones or something similar (Werkbench has an interesting take on the idea), but you would have to start with a properly pitched sample, I guess. As for Link, there is not a tempo currently, but playhead options such as duration, overlap, and vibrato could be adjusted as fractions of Link's tempo.

Doesn't matter, really. Both suggestions go so against the grain of the dev's original intention that it would probably require a big rewrite to implement them anyway. No biggie.

• @aaronpc said:

@DCJ said:

@aaronpc said:

I do mean semitones or something similar (Werkbench has an interesting take on the idea), but you would have to start with a properly pitched sample, I guess. As for Link, there is not a tempo currently, but playhead options such as duration, overlap, and vibrato could be adjusted as fractions of Link's tempo.

Doesn't matter, really. Both suggestions go so against the grain of the dev's original intention that it would probably require a big rewrite to implement them anyway. No biggie.

Yeah exactly. But not to say tempo and pitch info wouldn’t be amazing.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Bit harsh, that’s like calling my 2000 Nissan Pulsar Abandonware because they haven’t been round with a new paint job, body kit or engine recently. ;)

Love me an update to it but it works well as is and capable of musical results as Jakob and others have shown.

Maybe, but it’s not without a few small issues that could have been fixed in the last few years. It’s all very well saying things will be fixed and updated in social media, but I’m long in the tooth enough to have seen what happens when they don’t (Diode, z3ta, Skram etc.).

It would benefit from a bit of love is all I’m saying. Potential buyers are not only put off by bugs, they check the update logs too. A couple of tweaks might help sales.

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Maybe, but it’s not without a few small issues that could have been fixed in the last few years. It’s all very well saying things will be fixed and updated in social media, but I’m long in the tooth enough to have seen what happens when they don’t (Diode, z3ta, Skram etc.).

It would benefit from a bit of love is all I’m saying. Potential buyers are not only put off by bugs, they check the update logs too. A couple of tweaks might help sales.

Can’t argue with that, I haven’t followed what has been promised on the development roadmap. Even minor but steady and stable updates must help sales.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Abandonware

Can’t argue with that, I haven’t followed what has been promised on the development roadmap. Even minor but steady and stable updates must help sales.

Potential customers are put off buying apps that haven’t been updated for years, particularly when reviews mention issues, however minor, in their feedback.

• edited January 2018

@mschenkel.it said:

No it is not. But also computer stuff was deemed as unprofessional until someone got professional works out it

>

Quite right. I get fed up with those who continually bang on (rarely here) about how ‘professional’ they are because of the expensive equipment they use.

Especially when you hear the one sound fits all that many ‘pro’ studios churn out for Radio Brainwasher. :)

Borderlands is great. If the dev can just keep it working, that’s something to be grateful for.

• edited January 2018

I would actually pay for a Borderlands 3 if it meant the dev would finally update it with some new features. :) It was one of my favourite apps for ambient back in 2015.

• @Hmtx said:
    OP seems to have fallen into the borderlands abyss. @RUST( i )K where are you??

Help

Daddy

Daddy

I'm not under the bed

I am in here.