Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 11.2.5 out now.........

Installing it now........

Comments

• That's the beta right?

• No, official release.....it skipped 3 & 4 for some reason...........

• So far no issues for me on the Air 2. Installed it yesterday when it dropped...

• @Iso said:
    No, official release.....it skipped 3 & 4 for some reason...........

Wow, that's weird. Since I read somewhere that this is a final ios 11 revision (how would they know?) I hope it does wonders to audio handling, especially those bloody graphics related spikes.

I only have one ipad now so will let others go first.

• edited January 2018

Loaded and no problems so far as usual.

Well no new problems lol

• iOS11.3 is already i beta so iOS11.2.5 it's not the 'final' iOS11 revision...
    I do wonder what 'news' iOS12 will bring :)

• I wonder when they will leave my Air2 behind the update curve?

• @Samu said:
    iOS11.3 is already i beta so iOS11.2.5 it's not the 'final' iOS11 revision...

Thanks for the info, good to know.
    So far it's been fine. Thought I still hope the battery drain will be fixed/reduced like it had with last ios 10 versions.

• @recccp said:

@Samu said:

So far it's been fine. Thought I still hope the battery drain will be fixed/reduced like it had with last ios 10 versions.

Batteries degrade with time too. That's something many forget when comparing 'battery times' so it's easy to blame the battery wear and tear on the update...

iOS11.3 is supposed to bring us a tool to check battery health so that's a step in the right direction :)

• @Samu said:

@recccp said:

@Samu said:

Batteries degrade with time too. That's something many forget when comparing 'battery times' so it's easy to blame the battery wear and tear on the update...

iOS11.3 is supposed to bring us a tool to check battery health so that's a step in the right direction :)

Ah cool. I read it somewhere yesterday, fake news I suppose.

If they provide us with a proper battery tool (the current one is a little liar) I hope they will take some time optimising the whole system.

My air 2 has about 100 cycles on it so I don't really take that into consideration.

• One of the 'problems' with optimising battery performance is that 'real-time stuff' will suffer as the CPU throttles down to save battery or switches between low and high-performance cores and that will most likely cause glitches and un-expected behaviour.

I'm mostly using my Air 2 with the lightning cable connected so it would be nice to have a 'setting' that disabled all energy saving stuff to keep it running at full speed at all times and be selective of which apps I run :)

My iPhone 5 is switched to 'low power mode' to keep it's standby times longer...

• @Samu said:
    One of the 'problems' with optimising battery performance is that 'real-time stuff' will suffer as the CPU throttles down to save battery or switches between low and high-performance cores and that will most likely cause glitches and un-expected behaviour.

I'm mostly using my Air 2 with the lightning cable connected so it would be nice to have a 'setting' that disabled all energy saving stuff to keep it running at full speed at all times and be selective of which apps I run :)

My iPhone 5 is switched to 'low power mode' to keep it's standby times longer...

Good point

• edited January 2018

@Samu said:

@recccp said:

@Samu said:

I get that.
    According to some free battery measuring app my mini2 is at 84% (2 years older) vs my air2 at 96%
    Mini2 is on ios9 vs air2 on ios11. My mini2 lasts way longer without any tweaks whatsoever. Haven't done real measuring though as I'm using them for different things.
    If that's the new way of current os that's 'ok' , but too many reports suggest even brand new devices suffering. Of course turning of this and that will help, but in my experience it's definitely worse now than it was before.

• edited January 2018

Apple used to claim 9-10 hours of use, now they provide tips how to optimize your device. Hehe...

• Hmm.. one post disappeared after editing...

• @recccp said:
    Apple used to claim 9-10 hours of use, now they provide tips how to optimize your device. Hehe...

It’s time to set up a business to remove old batteries and install a custom battery-less power solution for disillusioned Ipad musicians. :)

• @supadom said:

@recccp said:

It’s time to set up a business to remove old batteries and install a custom battery-less power solution for disillusioned Ipad musicians. :)

If business, some planned obsolescence have to be built in :)

• @supadom said:

@recccp said:

That might be a new 'product category' for Apple!
    The weight would go down by ~50% by removing the battery and it would be cheaper to manufacture...

If 'mobility' is needed sell a case with built-in battery or use one of them +20000mAh power banks to power the device :)

• @recccp said:

@supadom said:

@recccp said:

If business, some planned obsolescence have to be built in :)

10 years labour only warranty, make money on parts ;)

• @Samu said:

@supadom said:

@recccp said:

That might be a new 'product category' for Apple!
    The weight would go down by ~50% by removing the battery and it would be cheaper to manufacture...

If 'mobility' is needed sell a case with built-in battery or use one of them +20000mAh power banks to power the device :)

Haha, yeah, and we’re back in the removable battery territory!

• does it offer any audio improvements.

• You can make jokes but if Apple release a Raspberry pi like platform it will be perfect for musicians. Appletv is near but aside zero adoption, no usb and core midi make it “no way”.
    ATM I use old iPhones as is, in the future IDK since iOS 11 seems wicked.

Downloading 11.2.5 into iPad to see if fixes my iTrack dock issue.

• Anyways,

The biggest battery sucker on my air 2 is Safari, and it’s not because I use it the most. Most likely because of the whiteness of this forum. It would be nice to have a dark option.

• Does it fix the Bluetooth issue?

• @supadom said:
    Anyways,

The biggest battery sucker on my air 2 is Safari, and it’s not because I use it the most. Most likely because of the whiteness of this forum. It would be nice to have a dark option.

Interestingly, I once I heard it takes more power to produce a dark color on an lcd screen than white.

• @supadom said:
    Anyways,

Use the “invert colors” feature. I’m using it right now.

• @soundshaper said:

I was lucky enough to get an X, and one thing I ~hate~ is that the triple click for invert colors is now on the ~power~button. It's physically awkward, and I'm afraid I'm going to break it. It doesn't seem it was designed to endure the stress of the home button.

i suppose there is a software switch, but i haven't figured it out.

• @soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

Firefox for iOS has a night mode which inverts the forum colours :)

• @soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

Sick! This looks way better! :)

• @Carnbot said:

@soundshaper said:

@supadom said:
    Anyways,

Firefox for iOS has a night mode which inverts the forum colours :)

I think that might be the ticket. Hope it does it only to text and not to pictures and videos.