Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox for iOS // MiniMon - A Monster Synth and Pro Features Collection

Comments

• It's a good synth. Well worth the $5.

• @CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Seems a good price compared to Korg Gadgets, but I’m unconvinced by the sounds in the videos that it’s not too stripped down when compared to my favourite WaveMapper. Now before someone jumps down my throat, I know it’s not trying to be comparable to the sophisticated structure of the PPG apps - I just found the sounds in the video to be very ‘samey’ for want of a better description.

In my opinion good Wavetable sounds that are used as a stand alone sound (or to be used as a wide range of sounds), need either multiple wavetables per sound or complex modulation of the wavetable - by the sounds in the video, this seems to be one simple wavetable device. If this is the case, sound design may be somewhat limited as a sound source without layering with others.

I suppose I am becoming less and less the buyer for these cut down synths :p I am not trying to be negative though and sure it will be the dogs danglies or just what the doctor ordered for some. I’m also sure that for some uses and styles of use, these simpler design ideals work really well :)

I think what I am getting from Groovebox so far is that simplicity is the key.....all too often I will get a synth app, mess around for a bit, then do no more other than load a preset and tweak an env or filter.....keeping things simpler like this means that you actually delve further even though there is less to do, and from that you get a better understanding of what the controls are actually doing...so this can also be seen as a very good educational tool for less experienced synth programmers. I'm not saying these are sonically simple synths, far from it, they do sound great.
    Also with the number of tracks it is all too easy for things to get far too busy, which would become far worse if those sounds were very complex also.

:)

I’m going to say something that’s maybe controversial here:

I think BM3 is simple too! Yep there, I said it! Syntronik, WaveMapper, Rozeta and BM3 samples and app is just seemingly easy for myself to throw stuff together. Mainly due to getting my head down and learning it’s soul (yeah software has a soul - well some does lol).

Bearing in mind I never complete a song ever anyway lol yeah I can see your points dude, yet I see WaveMapper as a simple app - maybe just spent so long with it ;)

Also bare in mind that I make music for fun and actually enjoy ‘digging in deep’. So some lack of complexity to me is probably more frustrating than too something that initially has some head scratching....yeah I’m ranting lol

I do understand some will find this idea, but I’m fighting not to be a completest for stuff I heave high feelings that I won’t use much.

Only really commented as I’m a bit passionate about Wavetable synths

I do not doubt that at all. If I spend more than a short time with any deep app, I find it is not that deep at all. But some do require some initial focus and to spend some time to crack their code. BM3 seems like it would be one of these.
    Some apps seem hard to learn or use, but I usually find it is the workflow that I don’t gel with, and that is why I don’t use them. They are still great apps for other people, though.

Yeah it’s horses for courses and many other sayings lol. You know I would end up the only guy in the room with the t-shirt saying “Don’t dum down my Wavetable” :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Seems a good price compared to Korg Gadgets, but I’m unconvinced by the sounds in the videos that it’s not too stripped down when compared to my favourite WaveMapper. Now before someone jumps down my throat, I know it’s not trying to be comparable to the sophisticated structure of the PPG apps - I just found the sounds in the video to be very ‘samey’ for want of a better description.

In my opinion good Wavetable sounds that are used as a stand alone sound (or to be used as a wide range of sounds), need either multiple wavetables per sound or complex modulation of the wavetable - by the sounds in the video, this seems to be one simple wavetable device. If this is the case, sound design may be somewhat limited as a sound source without layering with others.

I suppose I am becoming less and less the buyer for these cut down synths :p I am not trying to be negative though and sure it will be the dogs danglies or just what the doctor ordered for some. I’m also sure that for some uses and styles of use, these simpler design ideals work really well :)

I think what I am getting from Groovebox so far is that simplicity is the key.....all too often I will get a synth app, mess around for a bit, then do no more other than load a preset and tweak an env or filter.....keeping things simpler like this means that you actually delve further even though there is less to do, and from that you get a better understanding of what the controls are actually doing...so this can also be seen as a very good educational tool for less experienced synth programmers. I'm not saying these are sonically simple synths, far from it, they do sound great.
    Also with the number of tracks it is all too easy for things to get far too busy, which would become far worse if those sounds were very complex also.

I’m going to say something that’s maybe controversial here:

I think BM3 is simple too! Yep there, I said it! Syntronik, WaveMapper, Rozeta and BM3 samples and app is just seemingly easy for myself to throw stuff together. Mainly due to getting my head down and learning it’s soul (yeah software has a soul - well some does lol).

Bearing in mind I never complete a song ever anyway lol yeah I can see your points dude, yet I see WaveMapper as a simple app - maybe just spent so long with it ;)

Also bare in mind that I make music for fun and actually enjoy ‘digging in deep’. So some lack of complexity to me is probably more frustrating than too something that initially has some head scratching....yeah I’m ranting lol

I do understand some will find this idea, but I’m fighting not to be a completest for stuff I heave high feelings that I won’t use much.

Only really commented as I’m a bit passionate about Wavetable synths

I do not doubt that at all. If I spend more than a short time with any deep app, I find it is not that deep at all. But some do require some initial focus and to spend some time to crack their code. BM3 seems like it would be one of these.
    Some apps seem hard to learn or use, but I usually find it is the workflow that I don’t gel with, and that is why I don’t use them. They are still great apps for other people, though.

Yeah it’s horses for courses and many other sayings lol. You know I would end up the only guy in the room with the t-shirt saying “Don’t dum down my Wavetable” :p

But no....I won’t be buying Waldorfs latest hardware effort at £4000!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Fruitbat1919 welcome back, bub. B)

Why thank you. Surprised anyone noticed I’d had a small break from here lol :p

We knew you were on hiatus, we were just being quiet about it is all :) Good example to us all. I've been thinking that picking a month with no forum reading would be a good exercise (certainly save me some money :))....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

We knew you were on hiatus, we were just being quiet about it is all :) Good example to us all. I've been thinking that picking a month with no forum reading would be a good exercise (certainly save me some money :))....

And I actually got some music made....nothing finished of course, but still.... :p

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

Just avoid the wanky threads, plenty of meat in the good ones, or Quorn if you’re that way inclined.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

Just avoid the wanky threads, plenty of meat in the good ones, or Quorn if you’re that way inclined.

Very much a occasional veggie.....diet and my brain :p

• Great sounding Synth thanks Ampify on a job well done. Please make us lots more sound packs for your GB synths as we have enough drum packs for now so please show your Poly 8 and this minimon synth lots of new sound pack love. Keep em coming! Saving presets is a big must have. Thanks for listening!

• @ElektrikDiva said:
    Great sounding Synth thanks Ampify on a job well done. Please make us lots more sound packs for your GB synths as we have enough drum packs for now so please show your Poly 8 and this minimon synth lots of new sound pack love. Keep em coming! Saving presets is a big must have. Thanks for listening!

We've fixed this now. You'll see a focus on Synth packs over the next few weeks.

• Awesome, thanks so much! I have been really looking forward to this for a few months now. Any ETA on allowing our preset patches to be saved as of yet? Top job A team, really lovely work! I have all of your apps and most of your superb in app purchase packs, everything always sounds so good. Keep it up! Cheers!

• Anybody have any Groovebox piano roll tips? You can select all notes in a two-bar scene pretty easily; what I cannot figure out is how to move them once selected.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Anybody have any Groovebox piano roll tips? You can select all notes in a two-bar scene pretty easily; what I cannot figure out is how to move them once selected.

? I must be misunderstanding you; once multiple notes (say) are selected you just drag them as you wish left and right, up and down etc....

• they won’t move! i only get the option to adjust the velocity on the note i tapped! but i realized i was inadvertently long-pressing. thanks. man.

• Would be a nice to have a copy function for selected notes.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    they won’t move! i only get the option to adjust the velocity on the note i tapped! but i realized i was inadvertently long-pressing. thanks. man.

I oddly love how many little phrases are so commonplace to us now which would have caused confusion or blank looks just ten minutes ago...

"Johnny, what are you doing up there..?"
    "Inadvertently long-pressing."

• I really like this app and I bought all inapp synths, it’s worth for sure. Now i’m waiting for midi learn function ( for novation + third party hardware controllers) inclusive mixer cc and automations and the possibilities to save patches.

sincerely:)

• edited January 2018

Ampify, I’m starting to lose the will. However good this synth is, and it does sound good, it is another synth. There are what would be seriously useful features that have been requested from day one, which we do not see appearing.

I would use Groovebox a LOT more with midi out. If this does not happen, then I can see the app becoming another good one that did not live up to its potential, and ends up being something I dabble with occasionally. When, what I would like, is to make it a major part of our workflow.

What you have could rival Gadget, even surpass it. Is that not a goal worth trying for?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    "Johnny, what are you doing up there..?"
    "Inadvertently long-pressing."

>

I’ve told you before, boy. It’ll make you go blind. ;)

• Does anyone have any tips for smooth transitions between sections? I find it works OK maybe three times out of four, but it's very easy to tap a section very slightly early or late and mess the thing up. Is there a launch quantize setting anywhere that I've missed?

• What’s a Mon synth anyway?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    What’s a Mon synth anyway?

>

Apparently short for mono. Clever, eh? ;)

• I thought it was mini monster :D

@BiancaNeve said:

• @Zen210507 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

>

Apparently short for mono. Clever, eh? ;)

Does that mean we might get MiniPol as well :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Does that mean we might get MiniPol as well :)

>

• @Purpan said:
    Does anyone have any tips for smooth transitions between sections? I find it works OK maybe three times out of four, but it's very easy to tap a section very slightly early or late and mess the thing up. Is there a launch quantize setting anywhere that I've missed?

No there’s not. This is indeed very annoying. If you’re goin to have these sections, at least put some kind of launch quantization in there

• @db909 said:

@Purpan said:
    Does anyone have any tips for smooth transitions between sections? I find it works OK maybe three times out of four, but it's very easy to tap a section very slightly early or late and mess the thing up. Is there a launch quantize setting anywhere that I've missed?

No there’s not. This is indeed very annoying. If you’re goin to have these sections, at least put some kind of launch quantization in there

Thanks for confirming, @db909

• Made this while messing with Minimon...all synths are Minimon...a couple of Drumbox patterns and a couple of vocal samples from blocs wave....played into and recorded in AUM.
    Just something simple while I was messing with the synth...apologies for the mixing, my hearing isn't quite back to normal yet !

• @AndyPlankton said:
    ...apologies for the mixing, my hearing isn't quite back to normal yet !

Eh?

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    ...apologies for the mixing, my hearing isn't quite back to normal yet !

Eh?

I have had an infection that has meant I have had no hearing in my left ear for the last couple of months...it is related to my sinus' in some way and causes fluid to fill my eardrum...on the mend now but not fully back yet so I have no idea if that track is properly mixed or not :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I have no idea if that track is properly mixed or not :D

>

Sounds good to me, Andy.