Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox for iOS // MiniMon - A Monster Synth and Pro Features Collection

Today, Groovebox gets a brand new wavetable synthesiser to add to it’s collection of powerful synth modules. MiniMon is a contemporary, cutting edge mono wavetable synth; a new go-to choice for punchy bass riffs, or rich detailed leads. Available now as an In-App Purchase. Also available from today the Pro Features Collection. Go Pro and get all four Groovebox instruments in one simple bundle including Drumbox, RetroBass, Poly-8 and the new MiniMon

https://ampifymusic.com/groovebox

Comments

• Exploring the synth quick video

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Today, Groovebox gets a brand new wavetable synthesiser to add to it’s collection of powerful synth modules. MiniMon is a contemporary, cutting edge mono wavetable synth; a new go-to choice for punchy bass riffs, or rich detailed leads. Available now as an In-App Purchase. Also available from today the Pro Features Collection. Go Pro and get all four Groovebox instruments in one simple bundle including Drumbox, RetroBass, Poly-8 and the new MiniMon

https://ampifymusic.com/groovebox

No prorated price for those of us who already have all the instruments. And, jeez, nearly all the preset packs?

• @AmpifyxNovation said:
    Exploring the synth quick video

This looks fantastic, and it really really screams out for automation, @AmpifyxNovation

• As with Blocs, I'm guessing there's no MIDI learn or Launchkey support for those controls.

• It sounds great and adds nicely to the GB palette of sounds :)

Nice to see BassStation make an appearance...shame it is flat with no touch input :D

• I love this new synth.

It add a more detailed sound for my leads. I am also now using the Launchpad pro to play the Groovebox app and dig that alot.

I actually use Groovebox to compliment my Circuit. I am using the Circuit synths for more percussive rhythmic sounds and GrooveBox with Animoog to accompany it.

I just wish I could save presets on all the Groovebox synths.

GREAT ADDITION TO AN AMAZING APP!

• @MonzoPro said:
    As with Blocs, I'm guessing there's no MIDI learn or Launchkey support for those controls.

Adding Launchkey support is on our todo list for sure.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@MonzoPro said:
    As with Blocs, I'm guessing there's no MIDI learn or Launchkey support for those controls.

Good to hear it. I hope it’s near the top, and Blocs gets some Launchkey support too.

• edited January 2018

Is there really still no midi learn inside groovebox? I was going to unlock some stuff months ago to try it out and find it a bit shocking if that's the case?

Going off topic a bit, I would love to see blocs wave get some attention. I would imagine it's going to be really difficult to compete with gadget in this area and I would hate to see blocs wave abandoned!

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I love this new synth.

It add a more detailed sound for my leads. I am also now using the Launchpad pro to play the Groovebox app and dig that alot.

I actually use Groovebox to compliment my Circuit. I am using the Circuit synths for more percussive rhythmic sounds and GrooveBox with Animoog to accompany it.

I just wish I could save presets on all the Groovebox synths.

GREAT ADDITION TO AN AMAZING APP!

I actually quite like the way that this is like circuit with regards presets....as in you have your presets available, then when you tweak or create your own preset it is saved in the context of the tune you were tweaking it for (on circuit your patch is saved in the session), this initially took some getting used to with circuit, but now I AM used to it, I much prefer it.

It means you have your Base Patches there when you start and you customise from there, with no fear of overwriting a patch being used in another song, which is what you get with more traditional patch memory slots....to get around it you create a copy everytime you want to edit just in case you have already used that patch, and end up with a long list with a mix of used and not used patches...and no real idea of which is which.

Init function or an Init Patch for each synth would suit me more than preset saving in the old traditional sense.

I do however understand why some peeps want preset saving.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AmpifyxNovation said:

@MonzoPro said:

Good to hear it. I hope it’s near the top, and Blocs gets some Launchkey support too.

YES PLEASE. Seriously.

As for the new thingie; really nice. Immediately takes me out of the club (where I'm no longer very comfortable). A good addition which OF COURSE only begs more begging to be able to save presets beyond just saving these endless 'songs' with nothing in them but saved sounds...

• @AmpifyxNovation

In lieu of a Groovebox Survey,

Please add to chalkboard.

• Midi LEARN
    • Midi EXPORT/IMPORT
    • Midi OUT

Cheers.

• Nice new synth for $5. Thank you.

+1 for MIDI learn, export and out. Open this beauty up for us please!

• edited January 2018

Does this have MIDI in yet? It sounds like it has gotten it based on the above, but I bought that other synth in it assuming it did (it didn’t) and haven’t opened since.

And is it IAA, i.e. recordable in AUM and/or route-able to Auria?

• edited January 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    Does this have MIDI in yet? It sounds like it has gotten it based on the above, but I bought that other synth in it assuming it did (it didn’t) and haven’t opened since.

And is it IAA, i.e. recordable in AUM and/or route-able to Auria?

Yes works with IAA and does have midi in....midi in is note input only, and will take midi from all devices and channels, you are fine if you just want keyboard input (like in the 'Exploring the synth' video above).

• ok, im n my knees begging now, can we PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE get an option to save user presets?? I bought the Poly8 and stopped there because I cant save any of the patches I come up with. The new synth would be an insta buy if we could save our patches.

• Seems a good price compared to Korg Gadgets, but I’m unconvinced by the sounds in the videos that it’s not too stripped down when compared to my favourite WaveMapper. Now before someone jumps down my throat, I know it’s not trying to be comparable to the sophisticated structure of the PPG apps - I just found the sounds in the video to be very ‘samey’ for want of a better description.

In my opinion good Wavetable sounds that are used as a stand alone sound (or to be used as a wide range of sounds), need either multiple wavetables per sound or complex modulation of the wavetable - by the sounds in the video, this seems to be one simple wavetable device. If this is the case, sound design may be somewhat limited as a sound source without layering with others.

I suppose I am becoming less and less the buyer for these cut down synths :p I am not trying to be negative though and sure it will be the dogs danglies or just what the doctor ordered for some. I’m also sure that for some uses and styles of use, these simpler design ideals work really well :)

• @CracklePot said:
    @Fruitbat1919 welcome back, bub. B)

Why thank you. Surprised anyone noticed I’d had a small break from here lol :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

I wondered what the smell was :D Hey dude, believe it or not, yes I have missed ya ;)

• Yeah was just thinking the same :D

Welcome back bro!

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

I wondered what the smell was :D Hey dude, believe it or not, yes I have missed ya ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Seems a good price compared to Korg Gadgets, but I’m unconvinced by the sounds in the videos that it’s not too stripped down when compared to my favourite WaveMapper. Now before someone jumps down my throat, I know it’s not trying to be comparable to the sophisticated structure of the PPG apps - I just found the sounds in the video to be very ‘samey’ for want of a better description.

In my opinion good Wavetable sounds that are used as a stand alone sound (or to be used as a wide range of sounds), need either multiple wavetables per sound or complex modulation of the wavetable - by the sounds in the video, this seems to be one simple wavetable device. If this is the case, sound design may be somewhat limited as a sound source without layering with others.

I suppose I am becoming less and less the buyer for these cut down synths :p I am not trying to be negative though and sure it will be the dogs danglies or just what the doctor ordered for some. I’m also sure that for some uses and styles of use, these simpler design ideals work really well :)

I think what I am getting from Groovebox so far is that simplicity is the key.....all too often I will get a synth app, mess around for a bit, then do no more other than load a preset and tweak an env or filter.....keeping things simpler like this means that you actually delve further even though there is less to do, and from that you get a better understanding of what the controls are actually doing...so this can also be seen as a very good educational tool for less experienced synth programmers. I'm not saying these are sonically simple synths, far from it, they do sound great.
    Also with the number of tracks it is all too easy for things to get far too busy, which would become far worse if those sounds were very complex also.

:)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Yeah was just thinking the same :D

Welcome back bro!

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

Thank you dudes :)

• edited January 2018

@MonzoPro said:

That'll happen in the near/distant/who-knows future. But in the meantime here is another pack that no one asked for.

• @ipadthai said:

@MonzoPro said:

That'll happen in the near/distant/who-knows future. But in the meantime here is another pack that no one asked for.

Where? I need another pack that I didn’t ask for! ;)

• Really like the synths in this but what puts me off investing any money in the app is how basic the piano roll editor is. No pinch to zoom, can't edit existing notes velocitys, no automation. I guess that this will come eventually and its a nice app.

• @CracklePot said:

@ipadthai said:

@MonzoPro said:

Where? I need another pack that I didn’t ask for! ;)

Oh, sorry, meant "synth." I get the packs and synths confused. I forgot we're in the Groovebox thread, not the Blocswave one.

• edited January 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Seems a good price compared to Korg Gadgets, but I’m unconvinced by the sounds in the videos that it’s not too stripped down when compared to my favourite WaveMapper. Now before someone jumps down my throat, I know it’s not trying to be comparable to the sophisticated structure of the PPG apps - I just found the sounds in the video to be very ‘samey’ for want of a better description.

I think what I am getting from Groovebox so far is that simplicity is the key.....all too often I will get a synth app, mess around for a bit, then do no more other than load a preset and tweak an env or filter.....keeping things simpler like this means that you actually delve further even though there is less to do, and from that you get a better understanding of what the controls are actually doing...so this can also be seen as a very good educational tool for less experienced synth programmers. I'm not saying these are sonically simple synths, far from it, they do sound great.
    Also with the number of tracks it is all too easy for things to get far too busy, which would become far worse if those sounds were very complex also.

I’m going to say something that’s maybe controversial here:

I think BM3 is simple too! Yep there, I said it! Syntronik, WaveMapper, Rozeta and BM3 samples and app is just seemingly easy for myself to throw stuff together. Mainly due to getting my head down and learning it’s soul (yeah software has a soul - well some does lol).

Bearing in mind I never complete a song ever anyway lol yeah I can see your points dude, yet I see WaveMapper as a simple app - maybe just spent so long with it ;)

Also bare in mind that I make music for fun and actually enjoy ‘digging in deep’. So some lack of complexity to me is probably more frustrating than too something that initially has some head scratching....yeah I’m ranting lol

I do understand some will find this ideal, but I’m fighting not to be a completest for stuff I heave high feelings that I won’t use much.

Only really commented as I’m a bit passionate about Wavetable synths

• @Strizbiz said:
    ok, im n my knees begging now, can we PLEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE get an option to save user presets?? I bought the Poly8 and stopped there because I cant save any of the patches I come up with. The new synth would be an insta buy if we could save our patches.

+1 for user presets
    Already buyed it, to recognize this. Saving with the whole patch should function.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I’m going to say something that’s maybe controversial here:

I think BM3 is simple too! Yep there, I said it! Syntronik, WaveMapper, Rozeta and BM3 samples and app is just seemingly easy for myself to throw stuff together. Mainly due to getting my head down and learning it’s soul (yeah software has a soul - well some does lol).

Bearing in mind I never complete a song ever anyway lol yeah I can see your points dude, yet I see WaveMapper as a simple app - maybe just spent so long with it ;)

Also bare in mind that I make music for fun and actually enjoy ‘digging in deep’. So some lack of complexity to me is probably more frustrating than too something that initially has some head scratching....yeah I’m ranting lol

I do understand some will find this idea, but I’m fighting not to be a completest for stuff I heave high feelings that I won’t use much.

Only really commented as I’m a bit passionate about Wavetable synths

I do not doubt that at all. If I spend more than a short time with any deep app, I find it is not that deep at all. But some do require some initial focus and to spend some time to crack their code. BM3 seems like it would be one of these.
    Some apps seem hard to learn or use, but I usually find it is the workflow that I don’t gel with, and that is why I don’t use them. They are still great apps for other people, though.