Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget sync iOS / Mac

According to Korg's publicity, "If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try taking KORG Gadget for iOS somewhere that you find inspirational. KORG Gadget for iOS liberates you from limitations of location, allowing you to create and capture song ideas anywhere. These ideas can be saved as MIDI or as audio. And the working project can be synced seamlessly with Mac version through iCloud to allow a smooth transition to your desktop system. Wherever you go, take KORG Gadget for iOS along as the ideal partner for inspiration."
http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/for_ios.php#sthash.M2BrQD0Q.dpuf

But there are no instructions for how to do it in their manual (as far as I can tell they don't have a Mac-specific manual), and the projects I have synced between my phone and iPad don't show up in the list on my Mac (which is on the same iCloud account, iTunes etc.).
i know this is only half an iOS question, but I'd really appreciate a solution if anyone knows it.

Thanks!

Comments

• They do for me.

Try going into the settings of iCloud on your mac and looking for Korg Gadget and ensuring it's enabled / ticked.

• Cheers, I've done that, and it is shown and ticked - not on the outer 'iCloud' listing but if I click on the 'iCloud Drive' icon that's displayed in that list, Gadget is listed and ticked.
    But the only gadget project displayed there is the one that I've created and saved on my Mac - none of the iOS ones are there, even though they're synced across my iOS devices.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

• edited April 2017

This differs quite markedly from Yamaha's publicity which goes along the lines of "If you run out of ideas while producing a song, try stealing the entire chord structure from a top selling song from the hit parade by loading it into Mobile Music sequencer and going into section edit and use chord assist to steal the chord progressions.". I can't remember exactly, I don't have the exact words to hand.

• You have to push the iOS ones to the cloud first.
    Go to the open menu on Gadget iOS
    You see a list of your projects stored on your iDevice. Next to their name is an iCloud icon with an arrow. If its grey the project is local, touch the icon to put the project into the cloud.

Should be available afterwards.

• @R_2 thanks, but I've seen that page, and it doesn't work as described: as I said, the only project that shows up on my iCloud drive from MacOS is the one I made on my Mac.
    As for my iOS projects, they sync between iPad and iPhone but don't appear in the iCloud Drive itself when accessed from Mac. I don't know a way to access same drive from iOS devices.

So basically there seems to be no connection between macOS and iOS for Gadget. For me at least.

Thanks v much for the input, all, but so far no solution it seems.

• That's strange. Anything I push to iCloud on iOS shows up in Korg Gadget on macOS via the iCloud glyph in the UI. Did you select that and select Open from iCloud?

• I did, yes. But I've only put the iOS projects in iCloud for first time a couple of days ago, as I only just found out how.
    Maybe I need to restart all the devices or something, but I'm away from my Mac till after Easter now so will have to wait. Will try after and report back.

• Good news! I came back from Easter break and after restarting Mac and updating Gadget (I guess one or both of these two must be responsible for the change) all my Gadget projects are available on my Mac via iCloud.

Next question: anyone know how to scroll up the octaves in Mac? No scroll bar or other obvious way to do it.

• edited April 2017

@Tim said:
    Good news! I came back from Easter break and after restarting Mac and updating Gadget (I guess one or both of these two must be responsible for the change) all my Gadget projects are available on my Mac via iCloud.

Next question: anyone know how to scroll up the octaves in Mac? No scroll bar or other obvious way to do it.

Next to the "Loop" button.

• @Paulyboy
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    I found that after posting last time, actually. It kind of does the job, but it shifts the notes up and down octaves, rather than just shifting the display, e.g. I had some notes on octave 4 of the piano roll, and then clicked the octave down button, and the notes moved down to octave 3 (and in fact the top notes were still inaccessible).
    It's a usable solution, because eventually the notes move down far enough that you can get at them, adjust them and then move them back up again to the original octave. But a regular scroll bar (as you get on the iPad/iPhone touch screen) would be an improvement.
    By the way this behaviour is the same regardless of whether the notes are selected or not.

• @Tim said:
    @Paulyboy
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    I found that after posting last time, actually. It kind of does the job, but it shifts the notes up and down octaves, rather than just shifting the display, e.g. I had some notes on octave 4 of the piano roll, and then clicked the octave down button, and the notes moved down to octave 3 (and in fact the top notes were still inaccessible).
    It's a usable solution, because eventually the notes move down far enough that you can get at them, adjust them and then move them back up again to the original octave. But a regular scroll bar (as you get on the iPad/iPhone touch screen) would be an improvement.
    By the way this behaviour is the same regardless of whether the notes are selected or not.

I think it must be a bug that there’s no scroll bar in the piano roll.

I use a Magic Mouse. The top of it scrolls the display horizontally and vertically like a track pad.

I’m on MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. The latest is 10.12.4, but I haven’t updated yet.

• @lovadamusic
    Thanks! That's worked for me. :smiley:

• I can't use iCloud Drive on my Mac. Is there ANY other way to get Abu Dhabi presets from iOS to Mac?

I was thinking about using iMazing to back up Gadget, then pluck the Abu Dhabi presets out of the backup if I can.

• Is there any way to export Abu Dhabi presets from Gadget iOS, and import them on Mac, besides using the built in iCloud Drive sync? My Mac security policy has iCloud Drive disabled. Looking for a workaround.

• Is this possible from iOS to iOS device?

I started a project on iPhone and want to finish it on iPad.
    Somehow the itunes Export does not work. I thought the standard midi will do the trick but obviously I am missing something here. Thanks for any help. I tried my best to google it but all I got was the transfer from iOS to Mac.

• @gburks said:
    Is there any way to export Abu Dhabi presets from Gadget iOS, and import them on Mac, besides using the built in iCloud Drive sync? My Mac security policy has iCloud Drive disabled. Looking for a workaround.

I would like to know this too...

• @DaveMagoo said:

@gburks said:
    Is there any way to export Abu Dhabi presets from Gadget iOS, and import them on Mac, besides using the built in iCloud Drive sync? My Mac security policy has iCloud Drive disabled. Looking for a workaround.

I would like to know this too...

Dont presets copy along with a project? I don’t have Gadget for Mac (and also haven’t bought the Abu Dhabi IAP) to try it but Id make a project on iOS with lots of instances of Abu Dhabi with my presets loaded and upload them to iCloud Drive. I’d then share the projects to the Mac via the files app (hence the iCloud Drive step).

I would do this by going into Files app on an iOS device, selecting the projects then exporting via the share button via any method available such as emailing, airdrop, Dropbox, etc.

Hope this helps.