Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rozeta wishes....

Loving collider and particles, but they get stuck in static harmonic places.. (even when transposing)
@brambos - would you consider both of these reacting or refilling with nodes via midi?
I can hear that they would be astonishing if they could react live to midi chord progressions
;)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I’d love to see....

• retrigger for the lfo
    • Gate / note length on the X0X and rhythm
    • Au parameters exposed for automation
    • More Xy controllers or maybe a rozeta filled with many knobs and sliders

At the same time I’d like to say I absolutely adore rozeta and have used it every time I’ve been making tunes since release.

:)

Massive +1 on AU parameters exposed for automation. Such a shame this isn't in there.

And +1 for the other suggestions too.

But yeah, Amazing set of tools as is though :)

Haven't used it all as much as I'd like to have done yet. Couple of them I've barely touched. Is there a quick way to have lfo 2 and/or 3 modulate lfo 1? If not then I'd love to see that in there.

Maybe some kind of drawable modulation module, bit like Animoog orbit screen. With some fun stuff thrown in too, might be cool?Anyone used the arturia easel? That has a 'gravity' modulator where you can place 'pong' style barriers around the ball path. Lot of fun and some very cool sounds from it.. Maybe your own spin on that would be great @brambos ;)

• I'd love to see a 'Rozeta Midi Looper' so one could record a few notes on the fly and the looper would simply repeat what has been recorded. The length of the loop could be set in bars and step-resolution could in practice be the quantise value. Record options could include 'note replace' and 'overdub'. The 'Looper' should also be able to handle both CC's and Note-Events making it a pretty useful tool for automation.

I doubt that AUM will get integrated midi-recording so it feels this has to be done using plug-ins...

• Also a module based on the the Organelle Pow Pow sequencer might be cool? Though if I thought about it with rozetta in front of me then maybe same is already possible by mis-using some of the existing modules?

Quite basic/limited but fun and fast way to find some interesting patterns. Lacks pattern memory, which wouldn't have to be the case in rozetta ;)

• @Samu said:
    I'd love to see a 'Rozeta Midi Looper' so one could record a few notes on the fly and the looper would simply repeat what has been recorded. The length of the loop could be set in bars and step-resolution could in practice be the quantise value. Record options could include 'note replace' and 'overdub'. The 'Looper' should also be able to handle both CC's and Note-Events making it a pretty useful tool for automation.

I doubt that AUM will get integrated midi-recording so it feels this has to be done using plug-ins...

+1 for that. I am using Xequence to play a Control track sending CCs back to AUM to control Loop play toggles and volume fader. To able to do this from within AUM as a Rozeta plugin and have it all saved with the project would be excellent.

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • +1 especially for AU parameter exposure. I hope this will one day be standard for iOS. but I don't know how easy it is to implement of course. ;)

• I would like to see what @brambos has up his sleeve. Given that Particles, Cells, and Collider were dropped on us with no warning FOR FREE, I'm sure that he's got a few more mad scientist ideas brewing...

Bram - sneak peek?

:wink:

• Rozeta is brilliant. As a user of the keystep, I’d love to see velocity recorded in cells. Makes drum programming much more expressive. I know this is a long shot - the ability to divide a single 16th note cell into two 32nd note cells or triplets. That’d make programming beats a breeze.

• Whatever comes next, I am sure it will be awesome.

• I agree on the triplets thing - that would open up a lot of options.....

• A preset for OP1 drums would be nice...

• @MonzoPro said:
    A preset for OP1 drums would be nice...

Good call. Something akin to Op1's finger sequencer would be amazing...Double trouble ;)

• @Iostress said:

@MonzoPro said:

Good call. Something akin to Op1's finger sequencer would be amazing...Double trouble ;)

Other way around, I want to trigger the op1 via Rozeta ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Iostress said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ah! Both would be good ;) Is there no way to midi out from rozeta to op1 already? Haven't thought to try it..

• @Iostress said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Iostress said:

@MonzoPro said:

Ah! Both would be good ;) Is there no way to midi out from rozeta to op1 already? Haven't thought to try it..

Yeah, you can trigger the op1 synths via Bassline etc., but I can’t get Rhythm etc. to trigger the op1 drums.

I’m so used to using Rozeta, it’d be nice to use it for drum patterns. Not a biggie, plenty of options on the op1 anywaY.

• BTW @brambos - why is there no Locrian mode?
    It's a real pity...

• I wish we would get access to Au parameter automation. @brambos you wouldn't even need to add any more sequencers to keep me happy. Just let us modulate the ones we have via automation.... Or by automating each other.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    OT slightly, One thing that I think only AUM supports that I don’t think BM3 does (and don’t know about Sequence) and I absolutely LOVE is the way you can route multiple Rozetas to a single AU instrument.

E.g.

X0X 1 does the main beat on a Ruismaker
    X0X 2 does mutated fills a lower velocities on same ruismaker
    Lfo automates the ruismaker Params

Realise this is more about host implementation, sorry.

Adding automation of the rozeta on top of that would be fun :)

Have not tried that, but I definitely will.

• I’d love a ‘super arpeggiator’, further variations on standard programs (converge etc like ableton), lock to scale function, mutation, quick transpose, and a way to manipulate the rhythm so you’re not stuck with uniform patterns :)

• Also what about a simple chord sequencer that allows you to select chords by key, scale and circle of fifths numerals, and has some simple controls for rhythm/ time divisions?

• Automating some Rozeta parameters. In this example:
    LFO 2 modulates LFO 1 RATE
    LFO 3 modulates LFO 1 MODULATION
    LFO 1 controls Moog Model 15 Cutoff

Work in progress...

• @brambos said:

Automating some Rozeta parameters. In this example:
    LFO 2 modulates LFO 1 RATE
    LFO 3 modulates LFO 1 MODULATION
    LFO 1 controls Moog Model 15 Cutoff

Work in progress...

Great stuff looking fwd to this.

• edited January 2018

I'd be down for spending big bucks for a MegaRozeta @brambos ;) One single AU that could be used as a kind of bad ass Cirklon/Elektron iPad sequencer equivalent with your own magic sauce thrown in, for use within BM3...for ios and external midi.

HUGE fan of the separate suite models and not suggesting abandon that format, quite the opposite, I use them constantly and excited to see them develop! Just saying I'd gladly pay (a lot...) for some kind of beast midi AU app if you ever added something like that to your brambos apps wonder-heap ;)

• Sooo @brambos... I know you said Rozeta is done and all but I’ve had an idea...

I was playing with Syntronik’s awesome slicer FX again and it got me thinking about how great it would be if there was an AU MIDI FX that did the same thing. So you play a long chord, for example, and it would get sliced up into a really cool rhythm. Like the Pumphouse AU FX, but with a fat bank of patterns, and a random button of course, but with MIDI.

Genius eh? :sunglasses:

• @brambos , have you ever thought about porting over to Mac , Rozeta on the Mac would be nice.

• @Samu said:
    I'd love to see a 'Rozeta Midi Looper' so one could record a few notes on the fly and the looper would simply repeat what has been recorded.

>

+1

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Also what about a simple chord sequencer that allows you to select chords by key, scale and circle of fifths numerals, and has some simple controls for rhythm/ time divisions?

>

+1