Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

knob job... Survey.... most modulated knobs??

just curious what your favorite knobs are to modulate.

My go-to, for sure is , filter cutoff,( as most people i imagine )
pitch
and fm
what’s yours?

Comments

• PWM is good. Wavefolding if you have it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    PWM is good. Wavefolding if you have it.

that’s a good one i need to use more often

• Filter overdrive
    Lfo amount
    Envelope decay

• Filter frequency
    Filter cutoff
    Filter envelope
    Oscillator detune/fine tune osc 2
    Amp release
    Lfo depth and speed

• edited January 2018

LFO modulating another LFO depth and/or speed, usually set up slow.

Wavetable position in any wavetable synth.

FM and cross modulation are also likely candidates in synths that have this.

Have been enjoying modulating the mod matrix amounts inside Zeeon lately also.

I prefer using envelopes to control filter cutoff but a slow LFO on the attack, decay or release of the filter envelope works well to add more movement to the sound.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Cross mod

cross mod, interesting. forgot about that one

• edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

I like to surf on the sound and push it so far that it’s more like morphing into another sound B)

That's one of the feature in Sunrizer that really rocks :)

• The cutoff/resonance wiggle never gets boring...it’s an art that’s as much playing the synth as hitting the keyz

• edited January 2018
  • edited January 2018
  • The usual, already listed subjects for the most part. I really like to LFO the "Slop" knob in Mood. AMP decay and release is another favorite, especially when step sequencing.

• This is a great topic! That I have everything to learn from but nothing to offer. I appreciate it though...

• edited January 2018

The BitWiz app can use variables you can control via MIDI. If you modulate those variables in your equations and then run the audio from BitWiz through effect apps using those same modulation sources you can utilize BitWiz in ways that will be more in sync with other apps while still being able to incorporate the long, complex, and variable wave sequences BitWiz is capable of producing. An AU version of BitWiz would really provide additional fodder for these setups in a way that's relatively resource efficient. An AU version of BitWiz that output MIDI notes/CC would provide a very rich source of complex oscillators as alternatives to the traditional saw/triangle/sin/square offerings. @j_liljedahl please make it so.

Imagine if you will, chaining BitWiz AU instances to BitWiz MIDI AU instances along with other AU apps in an AUM setup?

• @Paulinko said:
    The BitWiz app can use variables you can control via MIDI. If you modulate those variables in your equations and then run the audio from BitWiz through effect apps using those same modulation sources you can utilize BitWiz in ways that will be more in sync with other apps while still being able to incorporate the long, complex, and variable wave sequences BitWiz is capable of producing. An AU version of BitWiz would really provide additional fodder for these setups in a way that's relatively resource efficient. An AU version of BitWiz that output MIDI notes/CC would provide a very rich source of complex oscillators as alternatives to the traditional saw/triangle/sin/square offerings. @j_liljedahl please make it so.

Imagine if you will, chaining BitWiz AU instances to BitWiz MIDI AU instances along with other AU apps in an AUM setup?

This all sounds incredible.

• Troublemaker’s Fuzz knob is my celebration.

• Fine Tune ;)

• @Paulinko said:

Great ideas. I hope I'll find the time to make a BitWiz AU in the future, yes.

• edited January 2018

LFO modulating own rate and amount of this modulation !

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Paulinko said:

Alas without time and hope....all is but lost

• edited January 2018

@j_liljedahl said:

@Paulinko said:

Thank you for your consideration and updating BitWiz to 64 bits. FYI BitWiz still doesn’t load automatically in AUM after the first attempt at loading it. I know you have a back log of apps to consider as well as other projects so I hope you’re able to sort through your stack of work and eventually have time for additional BitWiz apps.

One additional function for BitWiz would be a way to be able to do a setup with MIDI to control BitWiz sequences which would switch between equations (e.g. monophonically, users could assign MIDI notes to trigger an equation).

• Momentarily dialling in a bit of bit crush into a nice delay is often nice. In the right track.

• Dudes.. what’s a cross mod?

• Are there any apps that can be set to modulate CC's in such a way that it fits between the keyboard midi input and the actual instrument's midi input? It would be pretty cool to set up a bunch of cool repeating modulations. It could be the difference between a sine wave and a completely organic and evolving pad. Even cooler would be the ability to make it a midi effect in AU like @brambos ' cool midi tools!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Are there any apps that can be set to modulate CC's in such a way that it fits between the keyboard midi input and the actual instrument's midi input? It would be pretty cool to set up a bunch of cool repeating modulations. It could be the difference between a sine wave and a completely organic and evolving pad. Even cooler would be the ability to make it a midi effect in AU like @brambos ' cool midi tools!

Midiflow apps might be what your looking for.

• edited January 2018

@eross said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Are there any apps that can be set to modulate CC's in such a way that it fits between the keyboard midi input and the actual instrument's midi input? It would be pretty cool to set up a bunch of cool repeating modulations. It could be the difference between a sine wave and a completely organic and evolving pad. Even cooler would be the ability to make it a midi effect in AU like @brambos ' cool midi tools!

Midiflow apps might be what your looking for.

Hmmm..... I don't think they offer what it is that I'm looking for. I'm thinking of something more along the lines of "midiLFOs" or possibly an automated "knob Lab"-- in an AU form. I don't think it exists yet, but I'd sure love to be wrong. :wink: