Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

moog model 15 midi out

so model 15 has midi out. if i use the animoog keyboard and slide up and down on the ribbons , can the up and down be set to control midi cc. i’d like to have a filter open and close in another app as i slide up and down the vertical ribbon in model 15?

Comments

• Model 15 vertical slides (on either keyboard) can control either aftertouch or mod wheel. It’s set to Aftertouch by default but the General Settings menu has a “Vertical Slides as Modulation”
    option.

All you need to do is run a cable from the Aftertouch jack to the MIDI To module. You can set it to cc 16-21. You would then need to map the other synth’s filter to the appropriate cc.

Another option is to enable Vertical Slides as Modulation, reassign the modwheel cc, and enable “Send Knobs” in the MIDI settings. I haven’t tested this but it should work. In this case you would set it to cc 74.

• awesome thank you so much

• @eross said:
    awesome thank you so much

No problem! Oh but one thing I forgot to mention is that if you’re using Aftertouch, you need to enable “Send Channel Pressure” in the MIDI menu as well.

Finally: If the app you’re using supports MPE, you can enable “Send Poly Pressure” instead. If you’re not sure, just use Channel Pressure.

• @jrjulius said:
    Model 15 vertical slides (on either keyboard) can control either aftertouch or mod wheel. It’s set to Aftertouch by default but the General Settings menu has a “Vertical Slides as Modulation”
    option.

All you need to do is run a cable from the Aftertouch jack to the MIDI To module. You can set it to cc 16-21. You would then need to map the other synth’s filter to the appropriate cc.

Another option is to enable Vertical Slides as Modulation, reassign the modwheel cc, and enable “Send Knobs” in the MIDI settings. I haven’t tested this but it should work. In this case you would set it to cc 74.

how do you re assign the modwheel , and where is that aftertouch jack?

• i think i figured it out

• one more quick question, can you send midi notes from the arpegiator out? i can seem to make it work? it may not be an option?

• @eross said:
    one more quick question, can you send midi notes from the arpegiator out? i can seem to make it work? it may not be an option?

I haven’t figured that one out yet, unfortunately.

Just in case anyone else is wondering: I was wrong, you can’t reassign the mod wheel from the cc map page. My apologies!

The Modulation and Aftertouch jacks are on the main panel next to the trunk lines.

Good luck!