Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Not really sure what they can release that will improve on my effects needs (I have Bias and ToneStack plus a multitude of other processing options) but I’m interested to see what’s cooking.

Here’s hoping it’s not a XDrummer hype/disappointment ratio.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Not really sure what they can release that will improve on my effects needs (I have Bias and ToneStack plus a multitude of other processing options) but I’m interested to see what’s cooking.

Would love for tonestack to go AU. Anyone know if it's on the cards? Barely use it since I got BM3 :(

• @Iostress said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Not really sure what they can release that will improve on my effects needs (I have Bias and ToneStack plus a multitude of other processing options) but I’m interested to see what’s cooking.

Would love for tonestack to go AU. Anyone know if it's on the cards? Barely use it since I got BM3 :(

I’d grab an IAP for that for sure.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Iostress said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I’d grab an IAP for that for sure.

+1

• edited January 2018

Same. Also tonestack 4.0 would be sweet

Tonestack came out a while ago and while i think kauldron is kinda OK I love tonestack and would like to see some kind of update

• I don’t have BIAS but if they or any other amp sim developer make an AU version i’d be reaching for my wallet straight away..

• Sigh...they’re at it again. X drummer will be abandoned the second the hype increases on that. Luckily x drummer was the last time I get fooled, you could say it was their final touch. ;)

• @mrufino1 said:
    Sigh...they’re at it again. X drummer will be abandoned the second the hype increases on that. Luckily x drummer was the last time I get fooled, you could say it was their final touch. ;)

That was good.

I love Bias FX/Amps. I will stick with it. I don't know what PG can do to improve on the sound I get from what I have now. I guess I'm curious, but I'm near 100% I won't be buying it.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    Same. Also tonestack 4.0 would be sweet

Tonestack came out a while ago and while i think kauldron is kinda OK I love tonestack and would like to see some kind of update

How quickly do you need updates to Tonestack? TS 3.0 with the acoustic amps seems like it just came out a few months ago!

.... errrr..... it came out in 2016!! Holy smokes. Well, I've been satisfied with it the way that it is, though honestly could use some focus on clean tones and less digital sounding distortions.

• Honestly if bias comes out with a new algorithm and profiling on par with kemper in a new update I would for sure grab it.

If they released a Bias FX on iphone id get that too.

If it was Bias FX and Amp together on all platforms i would grab that on iphone too.

If it was AU id get that too.

• if it had IR loader Id get that too

• So............. From what I can tell, it's software for the desktop?

BIAS AMP 2 features a completely redesigned user interface, new tubes and transformers, a new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open back/closed back emulation, new custom Celestion speaker cabs, new RTA eq, and a new updated Amp Match process designed to get better results in less time.

BIAS Amp 2 authentically recreates the tone and feel of real tube amplifiers, while allowing you to mix and match components to create your ideal amp. You can use Amp Match to clone the tone of real hardware or a guitar track, or connect to the ToneCloud® to gain access to thousands of custom amps from artists and recording studios, or upload your own custom tones to the cloud.

Interesting FAQ's:

I OWN BIAS AMP AND BIAS FX. DO I GET A UPGRADE DISCOUNT?
    Yes. If you pre-order BIAS AMP 2 now, you will get a special upgrade price at checkout. Please login to your account to see your upgrade and crossgrade price.

CAN I BUY BIAS AMP 1 NOW AND GET A FREE UPGRADE?
    Yes, starting January 16, 2018 until the official launch, if you purchase BIAS AMP 1 you will receive BIAS AMP 2 (at the same license tier) via email, when it's officially available.

https://bcom.positivegrid.com/bias-amp/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=biasamp2preorder

• @High5denied said:
    So............. From what I can tell, it's software for the desktop?

BIAS AMP 2 features a completely redesigned user interface, new tubes and transformers, a new speaker cabinet module with multi-mic capability and open back/closed back emulation, new custom Celestion speaker cabs, new RTA eq, and a new updated Amp Match process designed to get better results in less time.

BIAS Amp 2 authentically recreates the tone and feel of real tube amplifiers, while allowing you to mix and match components to create your ideal amp. You can use Amp Match to clone the tone of real hardware or a guitar track, or connect to the ToneCloud® to gain access to thousands of custom amps from artists and recording studios, or upload your own custom tones to the cloud.

Interesting FAQ's:

I OWN BIAS AMP AND BIAS FX. DO I GET A UPGRADE DISCOUNT?
    Yes. If you pre-order BIAS AMP 2 now, you will get a special upgrade price at checkout. Please login to your account to see your upgrade and crossgrade price.

CAN I BUY BIAS AMP 1 NOW AND GET A FREE UPGRADE?
    Yes, starting January 16, 2018 until the official launch, if you purchase BIAS AMP 1 you will receive BIAS AMP 2 (at the same license tier) via email, when it's officially available.

https://bcom.positivegrid.com/bias-amp/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=biasamp2preorder

It’ll be interesting to see if they send it over to iOS. I love Bias Amps and Bias FX.

• edited January 2018

I’m not sure do I really need such upgrade. I have all expansions within Bias Amp since they were issued. But I have never used any of those yet. Just because I like to play guitar much more then tweak guitar sound. And for my ears the current version of Bias Amp sounds amazing and I don’t really need additional tubes in preamp section.

• @Kranick said:
    I’m not sure do I really need such upgrade. I have all expansions within Bias Amp since they were issued. But I have never used any of those yet. Just because I like to play guitar much more then tweak guitar sound. And for my ears the current version of Bias Amp sounds amazing and I don’t really need additional tubes in preamp section.

Ditto, X's like a million.

Bias amp with Bias FX is milk and honey to me. Although, I was jamming with Tonebridge last night, and I absolutely love it. Easy to dial in a tone, if I want to sound like a band or artist.

• Au and better distortion modeling would be great, and ofc ability to load IRs to it, instead of having to load other apps as IAA to it

• edited January 2018

Deleted

• @mrufino1 said:
    Sigh...they’re at it again. X drummer will be abandoned the second the hype increases on that. Luckily x drummer was the last time I get fooled, you could say it was their final touch. ;)

Been fooled too just yesterday (after eventually updating Bias on my Air-2), expecting at least 'something' from those so called new reverb algorithms... which turned out as a just a bunch of parameters :D
    It's no biggy but tells a lot about their way of talk. o:)

• @Telefunky said:

@mrufino1 said:

Been fooled too just yesterday (after eventually updating Bias on my Air-2), expecting at least 'something' from those so called new reverb algorithms... which turned out as a just a bunch of parameters :D
    It's no biggy but tells a lot about their way of talk. o:)

Yes, I got an email about it and just hit delete, I should probably unsubscribe since I'm not a fan. If others get user out of it then that's cool, but I don't really need anything else to make music. As it is I have way more than enough amp modeling options and I'm really just using it these days to learn songs on the go at sound check, etc. Although a few weeks ago I had to do cocktail hour at one of my gigs and we plugged the guitarist into my itrack pocket and used amplitube into a powered speaker, and my electric upright went through the same speaker, that worked well.

• Bias FX is my go to amp and effects sim. I also bought biax amp, and in truth, it was unneccasery after buying FX. If they are bringing out a new version, that they are going to charge for, I don’t know why I’d do it. I’m very happy with the sounds I get now. I’ll be very unhappy if FX becomes abandonware.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Bias FX is my go to amp and effects sim. I also bought biax amp, and in truth, it was unneccasery after buying FX. If they are bringing out a new version, that they are going to charge for, I don’t know why I’d do it. I’m very happy with the sounds I get now. I’ll be very unhappy if FX becomes abandonware.

I concur! Though, I do like to import the amps other's have made in Bias Amp to FX. I've got some good combo's going on.

• @High5denied said:

@rickwaugh said:
    Bias FX is my go to amp and effects sim. I also bought biax amp, and in truth, it was unneccasery after buying FX. If they are bringing out a new version, that they are going to charge for, I don’t know why I’d do it. I’m very happy with the sounds I get now. I’ll be very unhappy if FX becomes abandonware.

I concur! Though, I do like to import the amps other's have made in Bias Amp to FX. I've got some good combo's going on.

Right, forgot about tone cloud, which I think you need amp to get anything from? I do love that. It’s the icing on the Bias cake.

• Lots of blurb about a revamped engine, some Celestion collaboration, some new amp packs, additional reverbs and enhanced amp matching ... doesn’t sell it for me tbh ...

https://bcom.positivegrid.com/bias-amp/

• That’s awesome, they’re collaborating with a speaker company AND they revamped the engine? Well, that does it, I’M GOING FOR IT!!!!

or not.

• Seems premature to judge it before anyone's heard it. The original Bias was excellent, so personally I'm glad they're improving on it.

• edited January 2018

I'm still convinced that the original Bias was the best for clean/crunch sounds, though metal-heads may prefer the current one.
    For easier comparison I once transferred an old copy of JamUp (with the same DSP engine number as Bias) from an iPad-2 to the Air-2 (IOS 9.2.3) and it didn't work out at all.
    Sounded like shit, so there may be something in IOS having an influence, too.
    (that was a brute force attempt via iFunBox, no install)

ps: the iPad-2 has been updated from IOS 7 to 9, but I left Bias and JamUp untouched, so I connected both iPads to the CA4+, routed the same input to both JamUps, picked the next best amp (Plexi) and set exact same levels.
    You could tell by the meters alone that output was not identical.
    Unfortunately I couldn't record because the iCA control went crashing galore >:)

• @richardyot said:
    Seems premature to judge it before anyone's heard it. The original Bias was excellent, so personally I'm glad they're improving on it.

I’m not judging the sound, I’m referring to the company that created it. That’s my personal axe to grind, they just rub me the wrong way now.

• edited January 2018

I just found out AU is coming to tonestack later this year. Check out the thread I posted. Forget bias 2 I guess

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24098/tonestack-au-coming-and-galileo-pc

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    I just found out AU is coming to tonestack later this year. Check out the thread I posted. Forget bias 2 I guess

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24098/tonestack-au-coming-and-galileo-pc

except, I like the way Bias sounds, more better and stuff. ;) But, AU on TS is great!