Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maximum instances of Syntronik AU?

I can’t get three running on my iPad Pro 10.5 I’m AUM. Am I asking too much?

Comments

• I think two is max I’ve had success with. There’s a memory footprint size limit with AUs from what I’ve read.

• I think I got three, but once you open the controls of Syntronik, it crashes. So two seems to be the practical limit.

• Yes it’s only safe with 2. I think it’s not just the memory limitation causing the limit and I hope they can optimise it some more.

• It crashed on 5 on my old iPad Pro

• @Kühl said:
    It crashed on 5 on my old iPad Pro

How did you get five?! Did you do anything special?

1. I am wondering if turning off effects would allow me to run more instances. Fine with me, I have other great effects to run in Aum.

2. I am really beginning to appreciate the file player in AUM.

My sense is that IK multimedia rights heavy code. But, I could be totally wrong.

• i get 4 (on iphone se). Sometimes 5 if i don’t mess with the patches

• @Markosdee said:
    i get 4 (on iphone se). Sometimes 5 if i don’t mess with the patches

Can you select presets? Because that crushes me with three.

• edited January 2018

woops, if i give every single instance another preset then it crashes at number 4.

edit: with first test i had 2 basic instances and 2 “reloaded” presets

• @Markosdee said:
    woops, if i give every single instance another preset then it crashes at number 4.

Thanks for checking! I am going to experiment with bypassing effects.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Markosdee said:

Thanks for checking! I am going to experiment with bypassing effects.

I have not experimented much but the effects may be cpu heavy especially if 5 effects on instrument

• First create Favorites with out any effects. Use external effects and you can have way more running.

... I am really beginning to appreciate the file player in AUM.

Resource wise, are the file players akin to just playing audio tracks inside a DAW? I'm not new to AUM, but I find myself using it more often.

• So how much lighter are AU actually for CPU use versus traditional apps of the same title?

I thought AU were substantially lighter on CPU.

But more and more I feel it is just the skill of the developer for than the format.

Brambos needs to give lessons .............................

Man his apps are on point in all aspects of design and performance.

• What i find more annoying is that mostly it doesn‘t crackle or stop and give you a message about cpu/gpu/ram overload, no, it just crash the thing.
    Mostly i close all apps at this point and give up.
    IOS needs a MUCH better resource handling.

• Aren’t romplers going to handle differently to pure code synths just from a RAM sizing for samples point of view?

• Do the samples get loaded to ram or are they streamed from disk?

@Kühl said:
    It crashed on 5 on my old iPad Pro

How did you get five?! Did you do anything special?

1. I am wondering if turning off effects would allow me to run more instances. Fine with me, I have other great effects to run in Aum.

2. I am really beginning to appreciate the file player in AUM.

My sense is that IK multimedia rights heavy code. But, I could be totally wrong.

I just restarted and did it. iPad Pro 12.9 thefirst one, it’s still a beast.
    Look, I didn’t get 5, it crashed in 5, playing arpeggios.

Agree about IK M