Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat-Machine from Primitive Digital Software for free today

A simple but quite powerful MPC-like groovebox with both Ableton Link and Midi Master/Slave (i.e. send/receive) clock sync. Can load samples from AudioShare and AudioCopy and has a step sequencer with velocity control. Great for using with external MIDI gear too.

Comments

• Not pretty but has skills, much like self etc.

• For those who don’t like to search: Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beat-machine/id505825861?mt=8

• Also has a great sample set and maybe my favorite bit reducer. Can get that early sampler crunch out of this app with easy. Also, the groove and swing stuff is great.

Yes, it ain’t pretty but it’s a great drum app. Looks like the FX IAPs were rolled into the base app at some point so if you like drum machines I can’t think of a reason not to grab this while free. Or while it’s paid, if you’re reading this after the sale.

• @syrupcore said:
    Also has a great sample set and maybe my favorite bit reducer. Can get that early sampler crunch out of this app with easy. Also, the groove and swing stuff is great.

Yes, it ain’t pretty but it’s a great drum app. Looks like the FX IAPs were rolled into the base app at some point so if you like drum machines I can’t think of a reason not to grab this while free. Or while it’s paid, if you’re reading this after the sale.

+1

• +1

Simple & easy. No fuzz. You don’t need a PhD to use it.

• i think this app just replaced my volca sample D=

• Thanks for the ad placement! It's going to be free for a while; maybe forever. It's been out for 5 years and I think it's run its course. I'll still fix bugs of course, so you can report them if you find them. Someone left a review mentioning it disconnects from bluetooth - don't know if they mean MIDI or what but I'll get it fixed when I find it.

I just finished my B.S. in comp sci so I've got more time to put into the next one... school was a big time sink near the end.

• @dreamless said:
    Thanks for the ad placement! It's going to be free for a while; maybe forever. It's been out for 5 years and I think it's run its course. I'll still fix bugs of course, so you can report them if you find them. Someone left a review mentioning it disconnects from bluetooth - don't know if they mean MIDI or what but I'll get it fixed when I find it.

I just finished my B.S. in comp sci so I've got more time to put into the next one... school was a big time sink near the end.

Well, if the next is going to built on the shoulders of this giant, I look forward to it greatly. Congrats on your B.S., now map out the future for us would you? :)

• @dreamless said:

Congrats, and glad to see you're still live and kickin'. :+1:

• @dreamless said:
    Thanks for the ad placement! It's going to be free for a while; maybe forever. It's been out for 5 years and I think it's run its course. I'll still fix bugs of course, so you can report them if you find them. Someone left a review mentioning it disconnects from bluetooth - don't know if they mean MIDI or what but I'll get it fixed when I find it.

Congratulations on finishing your degree.
    By the way, it's a great little app.

• @dreamless said:

This is a great app. I bought it a while ago. Great for sequencing samples of all kinds. Anyone contemplating this “just do it”!

• @telecharge said:

@dreamless said:

Congrats, and glad to see you're still live and kickin'. :+1:

:star: all that stuff!

• really is a solid drum machine.
    amazed at devs skills.

• edited January 2018

+1 i also decided on this as my main sampler (besides Gadget’s). And fwiw i think it looks ok with the white skin

• Great bitcrusher on this one... :love: Gonna fire it up again today after a long time since I last used it! lol

@dreamless, congrats on your graduation, mate! :smiley:

• I have to admit i have a lot of love for this one:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/beat-machine-audio-sequencer/id1229389230?mt=8

(same name, developer here: vaytricks)

I made some really very, very cool loops with it.

• edited July 2018

@dreamless said:

@dreamless Hi congrats on your degree - i only just discovered beat machine app this week - its really good Iam hoping you do further developement on it as its potential is there to be a leading iOS Groovebox The main thing I would welcome is stem export or mixdown export(wav) as it seems the only way to export currently is record live into Audioshare etc also extra swing per pad The current swing is cool but to be able to add further swing to make the notes even tighter would be great - Any plans on further developement I hope so?

• @stormbeats I don’t think there would be any new features.

@dreamless said:

I had bought the app almost at launch and all the IAPs (now bundled for free) . Best , most played iOS app ever (for me), with the dev constantly adding requested features :)

Maybe one day @dreamless would come with an enhanced AU version :)

• I cannot say the exact reason for it, but i am very, very happy with the timing of this app. For me, this is really special.

• @Korakios @Looping_Loddar @dreamless Hi the dev messaged me on fb about my request for note/pad nudge and said he could add this so fingers crossed he is back in development - I also mentioned in the current version there is no longer an Export function which used to be in the Pattern Screen Hopefully will be re added Check pic