Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA- super cheap and awesome sounding earbuds

read about these online and decided to give them a try. i paid 12 on amazon
http://a.co/alMoGWC ,
have seen them cheaper on ebay. they sound amazing. better than the 170 dollar klipsch i broke last year, better than the 100 dollar oriveti i bought to replace them only to place on the roof of my car while i was loading in shit and then drove away :'( like a schmuck. just got these yesterday and they sound great, don't know how much flat etc, but they sound really really good and look and feel way more expensive.

Comments

• edited January 2018

Thanks for the tip.. just placed an order, getting mine on friday!

I’m a bit of an “audiophile” , loving decent headphones (daily driver = Sennheiser HD600, paired with schiit modi 2/Vali 2 dac/amp) , but have never had any iem better than apple stock earbuds. after seeing that Head-Fi gave those earbuds an very approving review, I was sold on them.. looking forward to using em with my Air 2 and iphone :)

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    Thanks for the tip just placed an order, getting mine on friday!

I’m a bit of an “audiophile” , loving decent headphones (daily driver = Sennheiser HD600, paired with schiit modi 2/Vali 2 dac/amp) , but have never had any iem better than apple stock earbuds. after seeing that Head-Fi gave those earbuds an very approving review, I was sold on them.. looking forward to using em with my Air 2 and iphone :)

cool, i think that was the review that sold me too. hopefully they last but so far i am loving them.

• @vpich said:
    hopefully they last but so far i am loving them.

Nice find, thank you. At 12.50, if they sound good, I don't really mind if they only make it 6 months.

• Thanks for the shoutout, love a good pair of ear buds. I usually just get skull candy

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

@syrupcore said:

@vpich said:

Nice find, thank you. At 12.50, if they sound good, I don't really mind if they only make it 6 months.

Especially if you lose your earbuds on average every 3 months like I do.

Dontcha hate that panic feeling when your out in the wild and you realize ... you have no earbuds?? It's like that dream when you realize you have no pants on, only much worse. And it's real.

• Would these be worth it if I already have the apple earbuds? Not sure where those fall on the earbud scale but they sound okay to me.

• @SlowMotion said:
    Would these be worth it if I already have the apple earbuds? Not sure where those fall on the earbud scale but they sound okay to me.

I like the sound of Apple ear buds, and....they are one of a few options with the volume control on the cord, not just the mic control, like most of the buds out there have.

• Ta, I need a spare pair, worth a punt at AU$15 from eBay.

• @wim said:

@syrupcore said:

@vpich said:

Especially if you lose your earbuds on average every 3 months like I do.

Dontcha hate that panic feeling when your out in the wild and you realize ... you have no earbuds?? It's like that dream when you realize you have no pants on, only much worse. And it's real.

As a public transport commuter this +1000

• @vpich

Thank you! Just ordered a pair.

• thanks for the tip

• @SlowMotion said:
    Would these be worth it if I already have the apple earbuds? Not sure where those fall on the earbud scale but they sound okay to me.

These are way better than apple ones. Tight low end.

• Appreciate the nudge @vpich, between the big dog, the big kid and the self extras are always required...

• Ordered these two days ago and just arrived. Excellent sound and build quality. $12 well spent.

• I've had these in my Ebay watching list for ages thanks to some online hifi review. Never pulled the trigger though.

One thing to note is that once the unknown cheap brand makes waves, cheep repros appear on the market. Hope it's not the case here and they're consistent. I guess at this price it's worth a try. Thanks for the nudge.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Ordered these two days ago and just arrived. Excellent sound and build quality. $12 well spent.

Where did you get yours from?

• edited January 2018

Just wanna let everyone know that the ATE is their oldest model, they update their product range every half a year,
    latest one being: https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_770863.html
    The ZS5 is widely lauded as being the best so far, I personally use the ZS3 with their Bluetooth module to get a wireless set :)

• @necrome said:
    Just wanna let everyone know that the ATE is their oldest model, they update their product range every half a year,
    latest one being: https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_770863.html
    The ZS5 is widely lauded as being the best so far, I personally use the ZS3 with their Bluetooth module to get a wireless set :)

Thanks for the tip. How are they for staying in your ear at the gym ? And do you have a link for the Bluetooth module ?

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Ordered these two days ago and just arrived. Excellent sound and build quality. $12 well spent.

Amazon.

• edited January 2018

I picked up two pairs through amazon, due to arrive in the next hour or two...oddly enough, each pair from a different Amazon storefront - Ankerly and FocusonValue .. I wish I first noticed the “Amazons Choice” new version of the ank, with the microphone, which is just a buck or two more, would have definitely gone for it., but oh well— Will get em after these wear out.

I like having a wide variety of headphones to hear how my music translates on each when mixing/mastering.. I’m not generally a bass-head though, my Beyer dt990 and Senn 600s focusing more on the high/low-mids, so it’ll be nice to have something focusing more on the lows like these anks.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Amazon.

Cool, just joined the club.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Amazon.

Cool, just joined the club.

Mine arrived also. Sound good. Fit well. Long cord. And it's that special latexy-nylon (technical term). Happy.

• Yeah. Still loving them. Glad some of you jumped. 12 bucks gets you shit on a wire in walmart.

And they state bass heavy which i guess is accurate but the rest is eq’d quite nicely. Crisp but soft (if that’s a thing). Very detailed. Nothing bothers me. Even the rubner ear thingies are different than most and have a good grip.

• @necrome said:
    @triton100
    The Bluetooth modules are here:
    https://www.gearbest.com/kz-bluetooth-_gear/

Out of Stock. from what I saw?

• @High5denied said:

@necrome said:
    @triton100
    The Bluetooth modules are here:
    https://www.gearbest.com/kz-bluetooth-_gear/

Out of Stock. from what I saw?

Ah that’s a shame. I haven’t checked yet. I’m wary that that Bluetooth dongle will eventually weight and pull the earplug out especially if working out

• Thanks for the tip, I ordered one. The bluetooth module is available at the moment. There are two versions, only one supports apt-x.

• Just got mine today. They really have excellent detail and will definitely stay in at the gym. I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks again, @vpich.

• wimwim
    edited January 2018

I feel odd. My first impression was not favorable at all. They have great detail in the high/mid end but bass was lacking. Probably I’m just used to overcompensated Apple earbuds.

They are starting to sound a bit better to me now after some “burn in” as is clearly detailed in the accompanying manual as being necessary:

Headphone burn in knowledge
    Do not use a headset, you need to use the run after a period of time before they can use the headset unit diaphragm complete drive smoothly, and thus enhance the output quality of performance. Triaditional headphones burn in process is very compliex, and in the middle need to spend energy to a large extent influence the listner’s mood. KZ acoustics in early 2015, in a full range of brand products in all KZ latest diaphragm structure, and the diaphragm technology restructuring plan submitted to the relevant patent application. It is all in the January 2015 purchase of KZ headset burn in away from the traditional way,you only need to set a medium volume, play any song, five minutes time you can play to the pronunciation unit.

Well, that clears it up! Happy with the purchase now.