Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Harmonic Mixing with Cubasis: Year in Review

edited January 2018 in Creations

Here's a compilation album I did recently showcasing some of my best hits of last year. All the songs were produced using Korg Gadget as the primary DAW with other bits added in from other apps. This video showcases Cubasis's timestretching, audio-transposing and mastering. If you like what you heard please subscribe and leave a thumbs up. I hope to have Volumes 2 and 3 ready shortly before I move on to new productions. Happy new years everyone!

Comments

• Great stuff in here!

• Thanks! I'm still learning Cubasis. I've managed to improve the sound quality considerably and will have an updated upload ready tomorrow.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Here's a compilation album I did recently showcasing some of my best hits of last year. All the songs were produced using Korg Gadget as the primary DAW with other bits added in from other apps. This video showcases Cubasis's timestretching, audio-transposing and mastering. If you like what you heard please subscribe and leave a thumbs up. I hope to have Volumes 2 and 3 ready shortly before I move on to new productions. Happy new years everyone!

Indeed, great work LucidMusicInc!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Indeed, great work LucidMusicInc!

Best,
    Lars

Check back in here by the end of the day because the new mix eliminates most of the muddy sounds and artifacts thanks to some tempo and key tweaks as well as better EQ.

• edited January 2018

@LFS

Wow, these past couple of days have been an intensive crash course in Cubasis for me. I went from having next to no
    interaction with this app to becoming completely glued to it. The new Waves Plugins certainly help. I can hear the differences in tone, not to mention they look beautiful.

Anyway, as promised here is the final--and I mean final--upload. I ran into a number of bugs while enhancing this mix, (which you'll be able to discern almost immediately). Turns out on a Mini 4 there can be some tiny beat drifts that aren't apparent in the app but come up in a render. I've had to create workarounds such as mix-downs and manual chop and paste.

The silver lining is, having worked so intensely with it these past few days, I feel like Cubasis for IOS is powerful and fun to use. Not sure how I feel about using midi in it yet but that's another battle for another day. :)

I got the idea for using Cubasis after initially trying this project in Ableton Lite. Not sure about the Pro version of Live but I wasn't very happy with the pitch shifting of these tracks so I turned to Cubasis. All of these tracks have been pitched anywhere between -2 +2 semitones, which seems to be the maximum before it gets dodgy.

Here is the new upload, I hope everyone can enjoy it:

• Great stuff. I like it.

• @Chaztrip Hey thank you so much. The feedback is really appreciated. For a limited time you can download this mix from Soundcloud (free) HERE More new tracks on the go, including some tracks featuring GrooveRider-16, Poison-202, Korg Gadget, Cubasis, Garageband, Beathawk and others, so make sure to subscribe if you haven't done so already :)

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    @LFS

Wow, these past couple of days have been an intensive crash course in Cubasis for me. I went from having next to no
    interaction with this app to becoming completely glued to it. The new Waves Plugins certainly help. I can hear the differences in tone, not to mention they look beautiful.

Anyway, as promised here is the final--and I mean final--upload. I ran into a number of bugs while enhancing this mix, (which you'll be able to discern almost immediately). Turns out on a Mini 4 there can be some tiny beat drifts that aren't apparent in the app but come up in a render. I've had to create workarounds such as mix-downs and manual chop and paste.

The silver lining is, having worked so intensely with it these past few days, I feel like Cubasis for IOS is powerful and fun to use. Not sure how I feel about using midi in it yet but that's another battle for another day. :)

I got the idea for using Cubasis after initially trying this project in Ableton Lite. Not sure about the Pro version of Live but I wasn't very happy with the pitch shifting of these tracks so I turned to Cubasis. All of these tracks have been pitched anywhere between -2 +2 semitones, which seems to be the maximum before it gets dodgy.

Here is the new upload, I hope everyone can enjoy it:

Hi LucidMusicInc,

Thank you for your positive feedback, and sharing your insights!

We're absolutely delighted about your statement "Cubasis for IOS is powerful and fun to use" which 100% matches to what the team had and have in mind from the beginning... :)

Thanks for sharing the great work with us - greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Lars