Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave: Next Generation

What do you like about Blocs Wave the most?

What would you like to see removed or changed on Blocs Wave?

What cool new ideas can be added to Blocs Wave?

How do you use Blocs Wave?

Do you feel the sound quality of Blocs Wave is the same, better, or worse than Launchpad?

Do you feel the sound quality of Blocs Wave is the same, better, or worse than Groovebox?

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• I would like BW to have the ability to sync start recordings in AB

I would like BW to have an option to start recording from the moment it gets an audio signal

• BlocsWave.
    Own midi control aside Launchpad export.
    Reverb/Delay/Comp like Eq.
    Larger lenght of record slice mode.
    Quantized scene switching like Launchpad.
    Harmony wheel controllable from midi.
    Tap tempo and slider tempo also controllable from midi.

If not possible...

add the previous concepts adapted (includding harmony wheel) into Launchpad and add timeline and well implemented automation.

More or less the same for Groovebox but in midi realm (aka arranger and midi DAW functionality)

• I would love it if Blocs Wave let me edit the slices.

I would love it if Blocs Wave had playback controls similar to Samplr.

• Why all of this? Seems to me like Ampify see BW as having been a misstep at this point. Development has slowed to a crawl. Are there major plans afoot I don't know about?

• edited January 2018

I would like to see an AU version of it. Other than that, the major(and only) thing that should definitely be added is the ability to start playing all loops from the beginning and also select where to start play.

Launchpad should take the recording feature from blocs, so that you could rec directly to pads using the awesome recorder of blocs

• i would like to be able to merge tracks. like take one of the drum cells and paste it on top of a perc cell. it could even be a flattened track. i wouldnt need layers.

a drag and drop or bulk upload folder system would be nice.

the ability to select multiple cells to copy and paste would be great.

• edited January 2018

Just do what i do. Load in your samples and sequences in BlocsWave and GrooveBox export it as a project and import it into BeatMaker3 and go to town. B) I find myself using BlocsWave and GrooveBox as a great Sample library these days.

• Would really just like to merge tracks into one and be able to delete, rather than hide, all of the factory content. And then the honeycomb could just randomly give me one of my own clips and never anything else while saving space. Other than that, I’m comfortable where it’s at. It has its place as basically a chopping/rearranging tool for material generated elsewhere. And so easy to use. The eq makes a huge difference

• @RUST( i )K said:
    What do you like about Blocs Wave the most?

Ease of use.
    Design in terms of how it works.
    Sample library.

What would you like to see removed or changed on Blocs Wave?

Fix incompatibility with AUM

What cool new ideas can be added to Blocs Wave?

Double amount of scenes to 12, two rows of 6.
    Ability to assign AU3 FX to individual samples.
    Ability to reverse individual samples.
    Ability to automate change in pitch/ tempo.
    Ability to record in straight from Groovebox *

Ability to assign Rozetta modules in-app to scenes.

How do you use Blocs Wave?

To assemble elements of songs which are then sequenced in a full DAW.

Do you feel the sound quality of Blocs Wave is the same, better, or worse than Launchpad?

Equal.

Do you feel the sound quality of Blocs Wave is the same, better, or worse than Groovebox?

Worse.

• No more delay, give Groovebox midi out.
  • edited January 2018

Only a few little things that spoil the fun:
    1) Fine-adjustment of slice positions outside the fixed grid
    2) Pich (semitone and fine) adjustment per slice
    3) LPF/HPF with resonance adjustment per slice

That's it!

• edited January 2018

Love Bloc Waves. So easy to create chaos that I just can't seem to create elsewhere (at least not that easily and quickly).

But it needs MIDI in (for me at least). Yeah I can export to Launchpad, but then I can't manipulate real-time like I can within Blocs Wave. I dont' care, make the MIDI Novation-only like with Launchpad app. Just give me some MIDI.

• The ability to quickly go through my own library with the discover feature. Ability to edit my own slice points. Pitch per slice. More streamlined user library management.

• @echoopera said:
    Just do what i do. Load in your samples and sequences in BlocsWave and GrooveBox export it as a project and import it into BeatMaker3 and go to town. B) I find myself using BlocsWave and GrooveBox as a great Sample library these days.

this is all i use it for. especially the drum samples. they're really well done.
    apart from that, there's little control over anything. bit redundant if you actually like playing stuff with yer digits.
    glad to have it tho :)

by the way @echoopera cheers for the heads-up from me and klee ;) for dedalus fx on your youtube vid. i'll have a squizz at it. could do with some extra fx

• edited January 2018

I have complete faith that the awesome @AmpifyxNovation team are taking notes and will continue to improve their stable of cool apps.

I noticed that they’re hiring developers and that the job descriptions hint at big plans.

So, fingers crossed and smiling with optimism! :)

I wonder if we’ll have new features released around NAMM?

Also, their NAMM stall sounds like it will have a cool mega launchpad feature... a single launchpad Mk2 controlling 64 Launchpad Pro’s in the ‘Ultimate Launchpad Arcade’.

Looking forward to seeing videos of that!

• @SpookyZoo said:

I wonder if the average age of the Whizz Kid at NAMM is....nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh 19. :#

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I would like BW to have the ability to sync start recordings in AB

I would like BW to have an option to start recording from the moment it gets an audio signal

Interesting!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I have complete faith that the awesome @AmpifyxNovation team are taking notes and will continue to improve their stable of cool apps.

I noticed that they’re hiring developers and that the job descriptions hints at big plans.

So, fingers crossed and smiling with optimism! :)

Also, their NAMM stall sounds like it will have a cool mega launchpad feature... a single launchpad Mk2 controlling 64 Launchpad Pro’s in the ‘Ultimate Launchpad Arcade’.

Looking forward to seeing videos of that!

So do I !

• You know the EQ, well I want AU/IAA in that spot.

Let me port in like iMPC per slot on Blocs.

AU Fx per channel.

MIDI control of course. Hope the Circuit gets integrated.

• @bounce said:
    The ability to quickly go through my own library with the discover feature. Ability to edit my own slice points. Pitch per slice. More streamlined user library management.

ACCESS TO THE FREAKING SANDBOX!!!!

• It’d be great if I could trigger stuff in Blocs with their own Launchkey controller, like I can with Launchpad. This and the fact their Launchkey app shows a disappointing lack of consistency in their product range.

• I sent a mail asking for it some time before they release export functionality.
    Let’s hope mk3 series will bring some new controller dedicated for Blocs and Groovebox.

:smiley:

• A great sounding suite of effects with midi control would be nice.
    The eq is getting more use than I had imagined.

• I would like a quantize so jumping to new parts starts on the first beat of the new part.

• edited January 2018

Better sorting, noting, labeling.

“It is only by selection, by elimination, by emphasis, that we get at the real meaning of things.”
    -Georgia O'Keeffe

• "These hoes ain't loyal."

• Abraham Lincoln
  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    A great sounding suite of effects with midi control would be nice.
    The eq is getting more use than I had imagined.

>

Now this is what I wouldn’t want to see. Why waste their time developing in house stuff, when we already have in abundance AU or IAA effects. If Ampify opened up the app to that world we’d have incredible variety.

• Having au fx per track would be ideal.

Another feature I would appreciate is the ability to add silence to a clip by changing the length. This would be a very powerful addition and would open up arrangement possibilities.

• @Beathoven said:
    I would love it if Blocs Wave let me edit the slices.

I would love it if Blocs Wave had playback controls similar to Samplr.

This ∆

• Slice Point Adjustment

• edited January 2018

These days most BW gets sent to Ableton for further tweaking for planned out session creation...
    But these features would be great when using BW for it’s quick and easy song creation in a JAM and a DAW situation.
    MIDI controller Key wheel selection, programmable progressions
    No lag scene switching via MIDI controller
    Scene switching while in the background, to utilize screen for other things
    FX rack and automated XY/Mod per part and/or AU per part
    Quantize options like Ableton
    Cleaner user file system

And always of course...
    A Launchpad, BlocsWave, Groovebox, Circuit, LPpro, Control XL
    Full System with dedicated MIDI Utility app/software :lol: