Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Generating Ideas with Future Drummer Randomizers - Video

A video showing how easy is to create new grooves instantly with Future Drummer. Endless ideas !
https://itunes.apple.com/app/future-drummer/id1206804871

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Inspiring.

Quite. So I've kind of resisted these apps, largely because they're kind of expensive and I didn't think they could do anything I couldn't do with EVERY OTHER DRUM MACHINE AVAILABLE IN THE APP STORE THAT I ALREADY OWN.
    So I was wrong.
    Questions: Does this play well with Modstep/Cubasis/Aura (the holy trinity)? Does it export per-track stems or a single mix? Does it let you change out that hideous Art Deco typeface? (Kidding. Somewhat.) Link, certainly?

• Sssshhh...don't give away all my secrets ! :D The new Live fill button looks useful, great work as usual ;)

• My only source of frustation when hosting FD is that sometimes it will stop responding when i play the transport from the host. Only force quitting will resove things. In this case BM3 is the host with both apps link enabled. I've tried disabling link to use midi sync but nothing.
    Also, if using FD in sound module mode, the pattern will still play. So you need to create save a blank preset.

I haven't thought to see if it behaves the same way if hosted in AUM. I shall see.

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Inspiring.

Quite. So I've kind of resisted these apps, largely because they're kind of expensive and I didn't think they could do anything I couldn't do with EVERY OTHER DRUM MACHINE AVAILABLE IN THE APP STORE THAT I ALREADY OWN.
    So I was wrong.
    Questions: Does this play well with Modstep/Cubasis/Aura (the holy trinity)? Does it export per-track stems or a single mix? Does it let you change out that hideous Art Deco typeface? (Kidding. Somewhat.) Link, certainly?

• Well, purchased this gem a few days ago.. Must say, I could have never come up with some of the beats that this monster generated... And Studiomux is the perfect companion to get those beats into Maschine...

My new go-to drum sequencer.....Don't need GarageBand Drum Sequencer anymore.

• You can use these amazing apps for generating the framework for melodies too! Pump it to a synth in a sequencer, record your groove, than start shifting notes vertically for different notes. Yum! betcha there could be some AB midi filter, auto scale trick too. Theoretical Yum!

• I like playing in drums and programming drums, but sometimes just want to cycle tons of patterns next to a melody.
    There's a good amount of patterns already, what about more as an IAP?

• @AudioGus said:
    You can use these amazing apps for generating the framework for melodies too! Pump it to a synth in a sequencer, record your groove, than start shifting notes vertically for different notes. Yum! betcha there could be some AB midi filter, auto scale trick too. Theoretical Yum!

Damn you! Looks like I won’t get any work done today!!!!!

• @AudioGus said:
    You can use these amazing apps for generating the framework for melodies too! Pump it to a synth in a sequencer, record your groove, than start shifting notes vertically for different notes. Yum! betcha there could be some AB midi filter, auto scale trick too. Theoretical Yum!

I love doing this. It can be done with MIDI filters at this point (or MIDIFlow proper) but not fluidly IMO. Would make a for a fun one, for sure. Something that adapted to the incoming notes instead of you having to declare them first.

Each note that comes in gets added to a list/grid in the UI. Tap the note to set 1) the new note and 2) the probability of it coming through and maybe 3) a Bram-style velocity range. Presets for scales would be grand.

• Is there anything being done here which cannot be accomplished his other apps, such as Soft Drummer? Looking at the UI for Future Drummer in this video, it seems there is a "Live Fill" button on the main screen, and a "Live Mode" switch. On Soft Drummer, these don't exist but on the "Live Pads" page there are options about fills, but I don't know if that is the same as "Live Fill" and "Live Mode".

• @AudioGus said:

Just what I was thinking.
    To use all of the fills, alternating rhythms for melodies.. fun times.
    My next app purchase !

• @TrustButVerify said:
    Is there anything being done here which cannot be accomplished his other apps, such as Soft Drummer? Looking at the UI for Future Drummer in this video, it seems there is a "Live Fill" button on the main screen, and a "Live Mode" switch. On Soft Drummer, these don't exist but on the "Live Pads" page there are options about fills, but I don't know if that is the same as "Live Fill" and "Live Mode".

I had always assumed that the developer was aiming for a similar feature set across all of his apps and that it was the sounds and patterns that were the differentiators.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Questions: Does it export per-track stems or a single mix?

• Can someone answer this question: is it really a maximum of five tracks?

• @TrustButVerify said:
    Is there anything being done here which cannot be accomplished his other apps, such as Soft Drummer? Looking at the UI for Future Drummer in this video, it seems there is a "Live Fill" button on the main screen, and a "Live Mode" switch. On Soft Drummer, these don't exist but on the "Live Pads" page there are options about fills, but I don't know if that is the same as "Live Fill" and "Live Mode".

Each app not only has sounds specific to the 'genre' but also the jamming algorhythm is specific to each style too I believe

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can someone answer this question: is it really a maximum of five tracks?

Yes and no! Yes there is a maximum of five tracks, but there are variations of sounds available on each track that in another drum machine would be different tracks. So for example the closed and open hihats are on the same track. So there are more than five sounds available for your rhythm.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

It's actually a lot more midi notes being sent out. Cause I think each drum can send out different midi for upto 3 velocities. So you can have 3 different kicks on just the kick track. And the included grooves can completely change depending on whatever drum machine is receiving said midi.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It's actually a lot more midi notes being sent out. Cause I think each drum can send out different midi for upto 3 velocities. So you can have 3 different kicks on just the kick track. And the included grooves can completely change depending on whatever drum machine is receiving said midi.

@PhilW said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Yes and no! Yes there is a maximum of five tracks, but there are variations of sounds available on each track that in another drum machine would be different tracks. So for example the closed and open hihats are on the same track. So there are more than five sounds available for your rhythm.

Thanks, guys. It’s on the menu.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@PhilW said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I decided I’d actually go check how many outs it actually has.

As you can see in this picture. It’s 17!!! I’m not sure which update added this
    But it looks like you can freely assign whatever midi notes you want to each
    Layer. So if used alongside an Ableton link enabled daw its amazing.

• edited January 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@PhilW said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It is one of BM3s best friends for me since they added ‘note number to pad’ functionality.

• @AudioGus said:

It is one of BM3s best friends for me since they added ‘note number to pad’ functionality.

@AudioGus Can you expand on this? What are you doing with this setup if I can ask?

• @Chaztrip said:

@AudioGus said:

@AudioGus Can you expand on this? What are you doing with this setup if I can ask?

Sure thing, I can with screenshots in about 9 hours. If someone wants to intercept, please do!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@PhilW said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I think instead of employing you my Purchasing Advisor, I should promote you and give you a company credit card to just make any app purchases you think I need. It's just faster that way.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I think instead of employing you my Purchasing Advisor, I should promote you and give you a company credit card to just make any app purchases you think I need. It's just faster that way.

+1

• My yamaha montage gets midi of FD. Record it via AUM into Auria. Love it. 17 different samples. Snares with gostnotes etc.

• @TrustButVerify said:

Each app has different characteristics depending on the specific gender, not only sounds and rhythms. Obviously jam algorithms are totally different. Even internal structure of audio render: for example, Future Drummer has no Round Robin Samples (not needed for electronic drums) but adds special hits type like Reverse or slices. Soft drummer, has a a good amount of samples to get natural feel.

Yes, "Live Fill" button on the main screen has the same function as the fill button in the live pads, but we realized that would be useful to have this function always ready. Obviously, fills are different in each app :)

• @Franketti said:
    My yamaha montage gets midi of FD. Record it via AUM into Auria. Love it. 17 different samples. Snares with gostnotes etc.

That midi mapping must be interesting ..

• @LuisMartinez said:

@TrustButVerify said:

Each app has different characteristics depending on the specific gender, not only sounds and rhythms. Obviously jam algorithms are totally different. Even internal structure of audio render: for example, Future Drummer has no Round Robin Samples (not needed for electronic drums) but adds special hits type like Reverse or slices. Soft drummer, has a a good amount of samples to get natural feel.

Yes, "Live Fill" button on the main screen has the same function as the fill button in the live pads, but we realized that would be useful to have this function always ready. Obviously, fills are different in each app :)

The Latin drummer is on my to buy list...

Just saying, melodic sequencer... I can only imagine B)

• So can these notes be changed for melodic output?