Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Iphone App for Isolating Instruments/Vocals?

I'm hoping there's an app that will allow me to isolate an instrument (or vocal) from a song. For example, say there's a song with a funky guitar line I'd like to sample, but I don't want the bass/drums/etc behind it. Or maybe I want to sample a specific vocal section of a song without the instrumentation behind it. Is there an app that will isolate specific parts like that?

I know there are other techniques to accomplish this, but I'm hoping that some genius out there developed an app that accomplishes this more simply/efficiently.

I see there's an app called "StereoExplorer" that appears to do this, but I don't think the isolated parts can be saved/exported which defeats the intended purpose.

Comments

• edited January 2017

Roland R-mix but you should tinker a bit to solve save problem too ;)

• edited January 2017

@Dubbylabby said:

Is Roland R-mix an ios app? And/or are you telling me there's a way to save using StereoExplorer?

Looks like R-Mix is unavailable for iPhone. :/

• R-MIX Tab by Roland Corporation
    https://appsto.re/gb/bo_uC.i

Sort of works

• I have the Roland thingy, it's cool for some fx, but bullshit for separating.
    Check out the respective Melodyne video on YT how isolating of a vocal line works.
    (or any other instrument, the procedure is the same)

• Give Anytune Pro+ a try. The new ReFrame function aids in isolating tracks. Keep in mind the algorithm isn't perfect, and you'll get best results from songs for which individual tracks are panned harder to one side.

• edited January 2017

@AnalogCortex said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Is Roland R-mix an ios app? And/or are you telling me there's a way to save using StereoExplorer?

Looks like R-Mix is unavailable for iPhone. :/

It's audiobus compatible? AudioShare is and works flawless as output for recording realtime audio streams from other apps avoiding drm and other bs restrictions... but it even works recording audio system...

• @kgmessier said:
    Give Anytune Pro+ a try. The new ReFrame function aids in isolating tracks. Keep in mind the algorithm isn't perfect, and you'll get best results from songs for which individual tracks are panned harder to one side.

This one works pretty well. It depends on the source material, but I've had some success with it. It's all about finding the panning location and frequency range, but the app does a really good job of simplifying that process. It appears to be audiobus compatible, but I've only used the IAP that allows exporting of the processed audio.

• Anytune is crap, too - only usable for rough suppressing.
    Proper Isolating is a dynamic spectral approach which needs (!) manual adjustment in any case. There's no algorithm to auto-track such data.

• Email often works, to ask the original creator.

• @Telefunky said:
    Anytune is crap, too

I wouldn't say Anytune is "crap." Unless I'm not privy to more advanced software, this app is at least on par with any out there that endeavor to isolate tracks. What may be "crap" is how good the technology is at parsing.

If you have the stereo version of "Taxman," you'll find it very easy to isolate, say, the lead vocals because of how they're recorded (center, with most of the other instruments panned hard left). If, on the other hand, you're looking to isolate the string section from Klemperer's 1955 recording of Beethoven's 3rd symphony, you'll have a much harder time since the recording is mono.

I like @decibelle's approach.

• wimwim
    edited January 2017

@Telefunky said:
    Anytune is crap, too - only usable for rough suppressing.
    Proper Isolating is a dynamic spectral approach which needs (!) manual adjustment in any case. There's no algorithm to auto-track such data.

It is not crap. It is just a fantastically difficult thing to accomplish. A Ferrari sucks at traveling to the Moon, but that doesn't make it crap.

Anytune does a good job at what it does - removing or isolating sounds at a certain frequency range and panning location. Sometimes that works for what the OP wants, sometimes not, depending on the material.

• That's exactly what I wrote: Anytune is usable for rough attentuation or emphasis...
    'Rough' means even less detailed than Roland's R-Mix approach.
    In that context I found the announcement quite misleading - and the original post (imh understanding) asks for something more sophisticated than just convenience while practicing songs.
    I like Anytune a lot (and promote it regularily), but this function is... well, not on par with the rest of the app ;)

• What you think about tolls from: https://audionamix.com/? I need some more professional tool to remove vocal from song.

• As far as I know all software that promise this remove vocals from tracks option are just selling promises they can't hold. Yes to a certain level you can remove vocals depending on the track (type of music), but consider his can you filter out a complex thing out of a total images, the answer is no. The only way to remove vocals is if you got the original recording with all it's diffrent vocal and instrument tracks.
    It's all a lie. If anybody wants to refute my point show me a youtube movie of software that does the so called trick of removing vocals on complex songs/ soundscapes.

• Rmix-Tab was removed from the appstore( if someone was interested)
    http://appshopper.com/music/r-mix-tab

• Maybe not app but good tool you can find here: https://audionamix.com/

• There is no magical iOS app that does what you’re looking to do cleanly unless you have pro audio skills. Ain’t gone hap’n capn. Less headache would be finding a cleaner sample or using a chord detector and replaying the guitar part.

• edited February 26

• edited March 1

Since we're necro'ing this 2017 post: Koala has a split stems feature. Hooray for progress.

• edited March 1

This thread didn't age well in light of neural networks 😂